BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules

+22
Catsworld
Reive
reltan
Pandabee(uk)
TrollFantasy
Mabel
darkangel07760
kyrama
TrollEcat
vampbutterfly
Mouseoncheese
cutey2009
retiredk9racer
Fera
Smaug
Trollperle
SophieLilith
stacecase
plumbun
Tuesday's Child
Mini Gnome
strike
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

halloween - Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules - Page 4 Empty Re: Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules

Post by strike Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:17 pm

I meant to send mine last week before we went away, but caught up with last minute trip errands, so mine only went today. But it is on the way!

halloween - Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules - Page 4 Img_2013

strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

halloween - Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules - Page 4 Empty Re: Halloween Swap 2014 sign up list and rules

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Oooo, spooky! I like those stickers too.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:41 pm

ohhhh Shocked Shocked ...those spiders really give me goosebumps!!
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Well I stood on a giant house spider the night before last and it bit me. Which completely acceptable under the circumstances, as it started off at about 4inches and ended up as a pancake.

I had to go to the GP yesterday morning, as I had a temperature and a sore foot. But it's fine today, just a small mark on my toe. I should learn to wear shoes! The spiders up north are a lot bigger than down south. scary scary scary scary scary

Last edited by Pandabee(uk) on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:30 pm

We have spiders in europe that bite and are poisonous.... affraid
Now I'm even more afraid of spiders.... pale
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:32 pm

THEY CAN BITE????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

We have those big spiders here too and I have always told my kids that they are harmless and never bite........ silent
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:35 pm

ohhh noo please noooo don't tell me they live in germany too.... pale
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:42 pm

I don´t know if it is the same sort - but they are big, black and hairy..... and they can jump and run very fast...... and they live in our cellar and sometimes they get lost in our bathroom....... Rolling Eyes
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Sorry everyone for the spiders Embarassed

Most of the ones we have here are small and inconspicuous - so inconspicuous that you don't see them and walk into their webs and then have that creepy crawly feeling all day Mad As much as I hate that they seem determined to build their webs across doorways and pathways, I think spiders are cool. It's really fascinating how they build their webs! But I should have thought that they might creep some people out (they do actually completely freak out my husband and I have to catch the ones in our house).
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 pm

So what do we do when we receive a package? Open it right away or wait until halloween? Of course take and post pics! But do we also make a receive list or something?

Another hour before I get home and I can see what kind of package I received Wink Don't know if I can wait with unwrapping it though!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:54 pm

I used to be afraid of spiders - then I got „Hairy“ the Beanie Baby spider, and he was so gorgeously cuddly and soft-furred plus I found a „living-spider-catcher“ (http://gadgetwelt.de/2014/07/spinnen-mit-snapy-schonend-fangen/) and I lost the fear (and I was really really afraid as a child). With this I learned not to shout „eek“ and then kill the poor creatures, but to catch them from a safe distance and release them outside Smile )
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:56 pm

TrollFantasy: In previous swaps we usually opened them once they came, except if stated otherwise on the parcel Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Mabel wrote:THEY CAN BITE????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

We have those big spiders here too and I have always told my kids that they are harmless and never bite........ silent

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/23/horny-male-spiders-scare-stories

This is the type of spider. He's been running around the house for weeks. I'd named him Bert! I just didn't watch my feet while making a cup of tea.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:00 pm

that beast is monstrous Run
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:04 pm

He had a burial at sea.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 pm

My mother always told me (and still does!)

If you wish to live and thrive
Let the spider run alive

I'm a firm believer in the catch them and put them outside policy - tho the larger the spider the further away from the house it goes!
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:48 pm

Mabel wrote:ohhhh Shocked Shocked ...those spiders really give me goosebumps!!

Me too! Shocked

I must admit, I'll be waiting for my husband to help me open a parcel in case of spiders. Embarassed It is too much fun not to include those but I can't touch them. DH also packed my parcel because I did get some to go with it. Laughing Ah well, one day I'll be able to get no more frightened this much.

I read this year is awful for arachnofobic people like me as there are more spiders then previous year and they are bigger. Crying or Very sad
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:02 am

Smaug wrote:I read this year is awful for arachnofobic people like me as there are more spiders then previous year and they are bigger. Crying or Very sad
Interesting to know that, I can't believe the mahoosive monsters I keep finding in my cottage!!! affraid affraid affraid I thought I'd had some weird mutation invasion here!  They started coming in earlier than usual this year as well, it's almost been making me want to get married so I have a partner to deal with them Razz Razz
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:07 am

splinty wrote:
it's almost been making me want to get married so I have a partner to deal with them Razz Razz

I haven't thought about marriage yet, but this will be my number 1 reason on my pro list Like Razz
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:15 am

minty wrote:
splinty wrote:
it's almost been making me want to get married so I have a partner to deal with them Razz Razz
I haven't thought about marriage yet, but this will be my number 1 reason on my pro list Like Razz
Laugh Laugh Laugh
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 am

Pandabee(uk) wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/23/horny-male-spiders-scare-stories
This is the type of spider. He's been running around the house for weeks. I'd named him Bert! I just didn't watch my feet while making a cup of tea.
Did you read it? They don't bite, that wasn't fangs that touched you! Shocked Laughing Laughing
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:25 am

No that doesn't work, my 6'2" Glaswegian calls me when he finds a spider in the house. He can't stand them and knows I'll go ballistic if he hits them with his shoe.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 am

splinty wrote:
Pandabee(uk) wrote:

Did you read it?  They don't bite, that wasn't fangs that touched you! Shocked Laughing Laughing

I know....maybe I should confess to DH. Shocked
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:32 am

Pandabee(uk) wrote:
splinty wrote:
Did you read it?  They don't bite, that wasn't fangs that touched you! Shocked Laughing Laughing
I know....maybe I should confess to DH. Shocked
Laughing  maybe he'll start dealing with the spiders if he knows that, just to keep you apart Laughing Laughing
~ or maybe he'll use a boot instead of a shoe Crying or Very sad

...I liked that article, it was funny! and I'm going to think of them as Cave Spiders now Very Happy
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:38 am

Knowing him he'll kill them with FIRE
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next