BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer limited edition 2014 preview

+43
gracielet13
splinty
trollmoll
cottinghamgirl
charlibean
Chuck
LisaB
Fee
vonnewe
flowertroll
Jules
Cloverbead
Fuzzyfeet
Bluesybeads
Nkara
Daisylove
ceruleanbluebird
AquaAura
trollfinder
stacecase
kyhalfpt
Gail201
Catsworld
Nancy
Reive
Freki
natalyk
Blairkj
strike
kitsunegrl
reltan
Brightonbelle
Fleur
Michelle
Wildthing
mdellanno
minty
Monique26
Mouseoncheese
Anita
Beady-Eyed
Kimberly Campbell
Pandabee(uk)
47 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

summer - Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer limited edition 2014 preview

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:19 pm

strike wrote:

Anita wrote:
At the end of the day, as I've said before, the market is totally saturated at present. The bandwagon has been well and truly jumped upon by all and sundry. No wonder the wheels are falling off.

lol! 

I agree, there really are just too many releases. At least the glass in this one is just a repackaging of existing things, so I can skip it altogether. Although I can't understand why they think that people would buy them in a kit of they are not selling singley ...

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Very strange theory and not the most popular colours either.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

summer - Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer limited edition 2014 preview

Post by Michelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:23 pm

The whale is 2 whales corect ? a big and baby one  Neutral 

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Michelle wrote:
strike wrote:

Anita wrote:
At the end of the day, as I've said before, the market is totally saturated at present. The bandwagon has been well and truly jumped upon by all and sundry. No wonder the wheels are falling off.

lol! 

I agree, there really are just too many releases. At least the glass in this one is just a repackaging of existing things, so I can skip it altogether. Although I can't understand why they think that people would buy them in a kit of they are not selling singley ...

I wunder is if it aimed at shops than do not buy ooak beads and walk in customers who are not like obsessed and go on web sites all day  Tea 

I'd agree if people were limited to buying only what is in their LD, but with the number of shops that do sell online, and even offer free shipping, I find it hard to believe that there are those who can't find what they are looking for singley and who would have to resort to buying in a kit. Plus, so many stores are closing, that many are saying they have to buy online anyway because there just isn't a store within a reasonable distance.

Maybe there is a larger portion of their customer base that really isn't online and do just walk in without having a clue about what is truly available. I don't think I would have ever gotten hooked on Trollbeads just by looking at the piddly selection in my LD.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:28 pm

If you do go into a shop then to have some new beads would be intresting in the display. I like to buy much in a shop to see what is like. Also it may make more intrest to new customers. Is what I was thinking of it.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Michelle wrote:If you do go into a shop then to have some new beads would be intresting in the display. I like to buy much in a shop to see what is like. Also it may make more intrest to new customers. Is what I was thinking of it.

If I was trying to interest new customers I will chose prettier beads in more mainstream colours.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Nothing interest me in this release.  The glass all look like uniques that don't sell.  And the silvers are so similar to what they already have.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:23 pm

The only thing I could have loved from this release is the flower bead, but it is just too much like the other flowers to get really excited about it. I might still be getting it at some point especially if it goes on sale, but I am not about to get it right away. I was also planning to buy a few more month of birth flowers and the messenger, so this one would be somewhere along with those on my wish list.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Nothing here for me. There are so many other pieces from other lines that I'd love if I need to spend money and this selection all just feels tired.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Phew, really pleased to see there is nothing there that I like! Smile
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Look at these.  silent  Neutral  Crying or Very sad 

http://www.endangeredtrolls.com/new-style-trollbeads-uniques-hit-uk/

You have to scroll down past the whale.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh dear.....I can't see one I like.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:Oh dear.....I can't see one I like.

The stripy green one in the middle isn't that bad.
The black/orange/green petally one at the back left is quite nice in itself although it would be a real challenge to use it.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:26 pm

I can see some I like. I wunder of how big they are now  Smile

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 pm

I love the whale! I also like some other of the pendants. I have a chain I never wear from TB maybe I will now with a new pendant. I agree with all of you about the glass though, it looks like all of the uniques that no one wants on FB or online stores. Pretty much everyone that wants one has a bee already and a cuter one than that one. Doesn't TB have someone watching online to see what is popular and what isn't? They should be checking in to the blogs and bead sites to see what the popular beads are.
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:47 pm

when I got that mail in the morning I nearly fell off my chair, again and again uninspired, boring, cheap....only rubbish I am not buying!  Rolling Eyes Embarassed 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:06 pm

This is a very poorly designed collection of silver for the foxtail necklace.   Where is the artistic talent?
Someone at HQ must have said "design something for our necklaces" (thinking 'we'll make more money selling  necklaces').   The open heart is the only shape that accommodates the stiff chain and hangs correctly.  Then, instead of good designs, they try to mask the issue by hanging beads on each side like a pair of ears.  Good grief.  They should be embarrassed.  

The whales have a beautiful flowing design... for a bracelet.  For the foxtail necklace they should be swimming east/west  like real whales.

Please don't think I am an opinionated b***h.   It just drives me absolutely wild that a company that has built a successful business can not to hold on to their market share.   There are buyers; there are shops and sites that will sell the product.   And HQ spends time and money producing what???  Stuff that any first year design student would say, "this doesn't work with the chain."
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Nancy wrote:I love the whale!  I also like some other of the pendants.  I have a chain I never wear from TB maybe I will now with a new pendant.  I agree with all of you about the glass though, it looks like all of the uniques that no one wants on FB or online stores.   Pretty much everyone that wants one has a bee already and a cuter one than that one.  Doesn't TB have someone watching online to see what is popular and what isn't? They should be checking in to the blogs and bead sites to see what the popular beads are.  

Maybe someone ordered too many smiling bees awhile back.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Ha ha! Just two and I should have stopped at one!
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Well I must say I am glad there is nothing I have to have, since I have purchased way tooooo much recently.  I do like the idea of a whale pendant depending on size and price.  The glass in the LE kits is all old and repackaged--I think most if not all are in the spring sale at D4e right now.  The other new glass may have one or two that are interesting, but I can probably skip them.  All very good news for my wallet!  Laughing
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Ok, so the orange & white zigzag bead with the black dots is interesting, so I will probably end up with that. Somehow I always find something to buy.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 pm

I might like one or more of the pendants, since I feel like my foxtail chain doesn't get enough use, but I couldn't agree more about the glass kits...

blechhh and seriously, if I was anyone who had purchased any of these as uniques, I'd be PISSED that they will now be glass 1 price.

It's getting a bit frustrating...but there are so many great silver/goldsmiths out there making amazing designs...I've got plenty on my wish list...just too bad the TB on my wish list is shrinking and shrinking.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm

I really like the whales pendant but will I will be wearing it on a bracelet with my orca s&b's  Smile  I also like the flower meadow, it looks like the flowers from the stories of you lock so it will go nicely with that. I agree that most are dull and uninspiring. I have a thing for flower beads so I don't mind another one, even though the flowers of the month were pretty amazingly detailed. I might like 2 glass beads from the blue and brown kit but I will not be rushing out to get any of these.
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:02 pm

stacecase wrote:I might like one or more of the pendants, since I feel like my foxtail chain doesn't get enough use, but I couldn't agree more about the glass kits...

blechhh and seriously, if I was anyone who had purchased any of these as uniques, I'd be PISSED that they will now be glass 1 price.

It's getting a bit frustrating...but there are so many great silver/goldsmiths out there making amazing designs...I've got plenty on my wish list...just too bad the TB on my wish list is shrinking and shrinking.

I thought the same, but I heard that they are still the same price as the uniques!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 pm

strike wrote:
stacecase wrote:I might like one or more of the pendants, since I feel like my foxtail chain doesn't get enough use, but I couldn't agree more about the glass kits...

I thought the same, but I heard that they are still the same price as the uniques!

OH YES!! I'm sure you're right!! Because they are "limited edition"....NOT!! Wink
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:17 pm

stacecase wrote:
strike wrote:

OH YES!! I'm sure you're right!! Because they are "limited edition"....NOT!! Wink

Laughing 
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next