BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Fall 2013 sneak peek

+153
rainyday
plumbun
vonnewe
lyric_girl
Alegria
beadbrain
laurenp
Kathleen
NMGirl
jlfritz
Kim13
cutey2009
kthijs
stamper
Reive
Cloverbead
Hairytroll
ivonne81
lynxx9
vampbutterfly
joann.hoover.12
Ranae Feyereisn Steen
trollbelle
angeltroll
Tatiana
Beady-Eyed
Cathleen49
misscolor
Peach_Blossom
FrenchRedPoppy
Juniper
Mabel
mamared
Paixxx
ZAKLINZ
leasam8
Seahorse
Vesty21
Tout_ce_qui_brille
Silmaril
fairytroll
Kimberly Campbell
stacecase
kmdoyle
Cartouche
flowertroll
thea_rtist
mdellanno
strike
Frau Eule
Nancy Foley
Amanda Mac (Dot)
tonton
Dziuga
Arwen
lkeen
Hodge
chocoholic
Nkara
Trolls
kionee
Zabeth
Librarylil
kyhalfpt
BusyBeads
liana
Chuck
splinty
Trollsister
SnorkMaiden
DblJJ
aprilshack
Bugladydi
Madelonnetje
Catsworld
Fera
Anita
darkangel07760
cottinghamgirl
vicky_jb
Pandabee(uk)
Yohanna
Clochard
Monique26
HeatherD
Annette
harmony
TwinMom
bubbagump
rollypoly troll
Elsie
AquaAura
janmat1
Fee
sues
Fuzzyfeet
Kensington
Una
dhoffman
madabouttrolls
Louey
Michelle
swisstroll
Trollfan
saracat
AshleyAlannah
TinaLee
trollfinder
troll2011
simo
cyberfairy
Trollperle
Blairkj
BeeBeeshummer
Freki
Smaug
Bluesybeads
natalyk
Nancy
rylan
Brightonbelle
LindaJo
ceruleanbluebird
wiggy
BethyCW
Fleur
Wildthing
casarobi
kitsunegrl
trollmoll
cshynkaruk
Mini Gnome
Daisylove
hayseed
capesandra
tcschumaker
minty
mermaidspurse
Joolz
SilverBells
Parsley
agnieszka
Hisae
reltan
Jules
aschweser
Tinka
TrollFantasy
Mouseoncheese
Tanjaatje
mucki
Rainbow
BeadThrilled
157 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Fall 2013 sneak peek - Page 19 Empty Re: Trollbeads Fall 2013 sneak peek

Post by Freki Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Mouseoncheese wrote:The silver, by contrast, is so disappointing. The themes of flowers and family and yet another heart are just so mundane. Troll used to be so good at myth, magic, big dreams and telling exciting tales. So many of the themes of the recent releases have been so domestic. Perhaps they should stop calling them Troll beads and rename them Muggle beads.
I agree with you. I didn't start buying TBs because I thought to myself, 'Oh look, hearts and flowers on a charm bracelet. Innovative. Must have.' Instead it was, 'Vikings? dragons? trolls? folklore & myths? abstract designs? Yeah!!! My chance to tell a story!' That said, I know a lot of people do ask for more domestic images. But, for an example, I think representing marriage with the Dragon and Phoenix bead is more clever and meaningful than representing it with a huge two-piece diamond, which is sort of plebian (Muggle, in other words), maybe, to me.    

I can't help but wonder just how popular the grandma (or grandpa?) beads will be. Grandmas of today come from a generation 'free love, drugs, and rock and roll', not Edwardian hobble skirts and hair worn in a bun, and I'm not sure that too many grandmas that I know would be that flattered by the implication that they're as old and stodgy as all that.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Fall 2013 sneak peek - Page 19 Empty Re: Trollbeads Fall 2013 sneak peek

Post by aprilshack Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Anyone any idea on the price of skelly?
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm

The prices are on charmsaddict :-)
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Coralie Briaux wrote:The prices are on charmsaddict :-)
Ta very muchly!

Edit: Can't see the skelly price.Am i just missing it?
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Purple heaven kit - yes, like it
Faceted beads - yes, can see me wearing them
Skelly - yes

Lock - probably yes.

Native elements - hmm, need to see IRL

Flowers of the month - hmm, need to see IRL, not excited by them.

Other silvers - not keen, bit uninspiring. Can't see them entering my collection. Where are the creatures of myth and magic?

Thanks for the sneak peek tho!
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm

aprilshack wrote:
Ta very muchly!

The price is 68 dollars if I read well ;-)
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Coralie Briaux wrote:
aprilshack wrote:
Ta very muchly!

Great.Still can't see the price on charms addict.Must be going blind or daft or a bit of both.
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Well, just saw the price for the sapphire, $155, so definitely won't be getting that one.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 pm

aprilshack wrote:
Coralie Briaux wrote:

aprilshack wrote:

Ta very muchly!

Great.Still can't see the price on charms addict.Must be going blind or daft or a bit of both.

I had to open the picture--bottom one on the left on order to see skellys price.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by simo Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 am

kyhalfpt wrote:Well, just saw the price for the sapphire, $155, so definitely won't be getting that one.  
Shocked Agree  and certainly one of those beads which can be so different from one another that you can only buy it after seeing it irl.
simo
simo
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:14 am

After ordering a labradorite sight unseen and getting a blob of grey rock I'd be afraid, very afraid, to order a $155 sapphire, and I doubt any of the LDs will order it in.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Freki wrote:After ordering a labradorite sight unseen and getting a blob of grey rock I'd be afraid, very afraid, to order a $155 sapphire, and I doubt any of the LDs will order it in.
I bought a TB ruby with silver core sight unseen and was a little disappointed in the color. Will never do that again, but I don't have an LD anymore. With all the artisan stones available available for a third of TB's price, there's no reason for me to get a pricey TB stone since there's no artistry involved, unlike the silvers or the glass (except for the faceting). None of the stones, Troll or artisan, are true gem quality anyway, and I've found that the artisan stones sometimes have better color. Some LDs may be willing to order since I think they can return production beads (not uniques or LEs), but this policy could have changed.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:00 pm

even now with a picture of a "coloured" saphire, I would not buy this, the colour looks strange...but maybe that is just me.., and no way to pay 155$ for it...Very Happy 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:07 pm

I like the look of Ivory Violets. I think the variations in the color of the petals will make shopping for this bead a pleasure. It doesn't have interesting background of the OAF, but the petals are just outstanding and affordable for those, like me, who never had a chance to get an OAF at retail.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 am

Just saw a picture of the skeleton bead on a bracelet--definitely reinforced my need for him....I also think I will get at least one of the new faceted, depending on the color IRL
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:01 am

kyhalfpt wrote:Just saw a picture of the skeleton bead on a bracelet--definitely reinforced my need for him....I also think I will get at least one of the new faceted, depending on the color IRL
!!! Where did you see that piccy? Smile
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbelle Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:35 am

The glass beads are beautiful, especially the faceted ones for fall... and finally, a scales bead that we don't have to bid on or get on a list to buy...Rolling Eyes    The silvers don't stand out to me... but I'm okay with that because I'm hoping there are one or two must haves in the People's Bead group. Thanks for the great preview I love you
trollbelle
trollbelle
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:29 am

darkangel07760 wrote:
kyhalfpt wrote:Just saw a picture of the skeleton bead on a bracelet--definitely reinforced my need for him....I also think I will get at least one of the new faceted, depending on the color IRL
!!!  Where did you see that piccy? Smile
Oh yes,please share! Smile
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes, please share! The skeleton is my favourite so far, It's really one that I feel I must have!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranae Feyereisn Steen Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Be still my beating heart! Wow! These are gorgeous - that blue sapphire faceted bead...MmmmmMmm! Even the etched ones are growing on me. Can't wait to see them in person. Thank you!

Ranae Feyereisn Steen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Ranae Feyereisn Steen wrote:Be still my beating heart!  Wow!  These are gorgeous - that blue sapphire faceted bead...MmmmmMmm!  Even the etched ones are growing on me.  Can't wait to see them in person.  Thank you!
welcome RFS! sunny 
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Post deleted

Last edited by kyhalfpt on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Double post again, my iPad is not cooperating today
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:37 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:

darkangel07760 wrote:

!!!  Where did you see that piccy? Smile
On one of my local dealers websites, she has several a pics of the new beads, most we have seen. She has a great shop with tax free shopping, gotta love ***!  Here is the like to her site:
Thanks! Skelly looks quite a substantial size,Wonder how much in £ he will be...
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Thank you! Hope she doesn't get 'slapped" for showing the pics early.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next