BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique

+14
Troglodyte
Artemis
trollcat
Wintertroll
Merlyn
retiredk9racer
Fleur
snowy
merlesen
SnorkMaiden
Chewbacca
rainyday
neonfiller
sakyubc
18 posters

Go down

unique - Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique Empty Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique

Post by sakyubc Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:49 am

It has been an interesting and fun day. First this morning a few phone calls to LDs and I was able to locate a bead that another member here is looking for. Yeah! Then it was off to the passport office to do a passport renewal. Typically this requires a long wait and we were prepared for that. But we arrived at just the right moment--not a single person in line ahead of us. I know we spent more time walking from the parking back and forth and finding the building then we did in the office itself. We spent the whole rest of the afternoon wondering just how had that happened. Then another errand or two and on arriving home I see on the call display that the message waiting is from my LD. I immediately say Kimonos and sure enough they have arrived.

Here in Canada the distributor changed completely on March 1. From what my LD said, things were not finalized with the new distributor until Mar 1 or 2, so there has been a wait until the distributor got there stock etc.

So a quick snack and off we go arriving about 45 minutes before they close. Out come two sets from the back that they untie in front of me. So then comes the decisions which will I choose and how far can the budge stretch--2 or 3. So I get my three favourites picked up and all of a sudden the gal has gone to the back again and back she comes with two strands of Uniques in her hands and says by the way these also arrived. I immediately point at one and say I love that one. She says--oops that one was supposed to come off it is sold. Turns out it is the other sales gal that had said she would take it, but the other gal who had said she would buy it immediately says no it should be yours if you want it. I am debating back and forth about what I will choose and here the Uniques are more expensive. Finally I put it together with the navy kimono and the khaki kimono and the three were so great together that they just had to go home with me. So the Unique will always be called Vickie's bead for the gal at the store that was supposed to buy it.

They did tell me that they are donating $5.00 from each kimono bead sold toward relief for Japan. I was so happy to find this particular Unique. I love many of the beads with a simpler more neutral look and this bead fits the bill. Depending on what it is next to it looks a bit more gray, or brown or blue. I had almost purchased a bead last weekend that would have meant not enough budget today. Sometimes things work out in the way they are meant to be. I often hate what we pay for some of the beads in Canada, but sometimes choosing them in person really works out.

So here are the three beads together. I often wear just a few and I know I will wear these three together.
unique - Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique Newbea10

And here is a combo I put together once home. I don't have a lot of beads to work with--just a few more than a bracelet full. But I am very happy with how this all goes together.
unique - Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique Kimono19

sakyubc
sakyubc
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

unique - Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique Empty Re: Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique

Post by neonfiller Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 am

this is a great neutral combination. Your unique is wonderful and works perfectly! Love it!!!
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

unique - Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique Empty Re: Sometimes Things are Just Meant to Be - Kimonos and a Unique

Post by rainyday Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 am

I really like it, it doesn't look like you only have a small collection, the beads go together so well looks like it was an on purpose design. Great news about the OOAK beads too!
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 am

Wow, that is a beautiful unique! It goes great with those beads!
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:38 am

The bead is marvellous, and I admire both Vickie's character as well as your incredibly beautiful combo!
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by merlesen Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:09 am

Very beautiful and a combo you can wear with anything. Very Happy
merlesen
merlesen
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

All three are real beauties !
And they look great in your gorgeous neutral combo Smile
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:22 am

It was so meant to be Very Happy

Enjoy your new beads and your lovely combo.
I would have taken this ooak too Cool
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:23 pm

That is an absolutely gorgeous bead - isn't it funny, I often find that when you do something nice for someone else, something nice and totally unexpected in turn happens to you! Your bracelet is beautiful - something you can wear with anything and everything. Like you said, somethings are just meant to be!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 pm

I love your unique bead and you're right it does go so well with the kimono beads Very Happy
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Your combo is really lovely. But even more so is the thought behind the OOAK. Very special.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Great story, love the OOAK and perfect combo! (and great Vicky too!) Very Happy Now you have to go somewhere Wink
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Really great build up with your busy day and it ended with pefect beads that were obviously meant to be! Your bracelet looks lovely Smile
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:36 pm

What a beautiful colour combination Very Happy
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Busy day....
Love your new OOAK, you have built a lovely bracelet around your new beads
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninbey Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 pm

So pretty! You could absolutely wear that bracelet every single day--it would go with everything/anything!
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

oh, wow, I DO understand why you had to bring the unique home!

Congratulations on your new beads!! Cool
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trolledolly Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 am

great beads and a great story.

love it when things work out!

trolledolly
trolledolly
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down