BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here!

+24
Bsktbabe
neonfiller
Troll Boi
trollmoll
lobby
Chewbacca
Trolldog
vonnewe
TrollTech
maggiemae
mermaidspurse
liana
Hodge
sakyubc
Lollipop
Nkara
Rainbow
kionee
Fleur
GRUMPY
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Kathleen
BriChanel
rainyday
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you like to see the faceted Blue Goldstone added to the regular production line?

Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_lcap49%Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 26 ]
Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_lcap23%Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 12 ]
Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_lcap28%Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 53

Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! Empty Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here!

Post by rainyday Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 am

After seeing one Blue Goldstone ltd gemstone sell for $400US & another one for as high, I think this would be a strong seller for Trollbeads. Do you all agree? I know I would buy a few, but definately not at inflated prices.
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! Empty Re: Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here!

Post by BriChanel Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 am

I would love to see one in production! I would love to find one, but I would never pay a crazy price for one.
BriChanel
BriChanel
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here! Empty Re: Blue Goldstone into TB Production? VOTE here!

Post by Kathleen Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:06 am

I had the blue goldstone ,but sold it(on 22€ Razz )
Its a nice bead,but not for mee

Maybe a brown goldstone bead;but i haven't see that in real
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 am

I am not sure - I think they don't look "real" (which apparently they are not, they are man-made I think??) - I would like to see one IRL before I decide.
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 am

Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:I am not sure - I think they don't look "real" (which apparently they are not, they are man-made I think??) - I would like to see one IRL before I decide.

Its quite possible that they are manmade but ARE They? Can someone find this out for me please, before I invest in them? I have various non tb stones that are man made, they were sold to me as manmade and as such I think they were very nice at the price I paid for them. but any stone, if its man made or colour treated I would be happier if I knew before hand not find out after I buy it.

So can anyone find out if its man made, As Amanda's post is implying?
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 am

Goldstone Gemstone meaning
Goldstone is a man made gemstone that has been around since the European Rennaissance.

Early monks working at a glass factory near Venice, Italy were practicing alchemy when molten copper accidentally tipped into a molten glass container.

This crystallized into thousands of tiny crystals and formed a melt with golden light sparkles. This is how the first goldstone came about. Though it is not technically a gemstone, it is often referred to as one.

Red goldstone is associated with vitality and energy. Blue Goldstone is associated with learning and communication.
Goldstone is an energy stone.

from www.crystal-cure.com

that confirmed what amanda said, Oh my god, its man made and some one paid $400 for it? I'm appallled..
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:35 am

Not my "cup of tea", sorry.

But I will admire it on your bracelets Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 am

wiki wrote:Goldstone is a type of glittering glass made in a low-oxygen reducing atmosphere. The finished product can take a smooth polish and be carved into beads, figurines, or other artifacts suitable for semiprecious stone, and in fact goldstone is often mistaken for or misrepresented as a natural material. Another common name for the material is aventurine glass.

I love the glitter, but I found it hard to combine, so I sld them to other trollies. Also it's very strange to find glass on a gemstone set....
I voted NO, btw Wink
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 pm

I have voted yes but they have made me look elsewhere now and I feel that I may start looking elsewhere alot of the time if beads are too difficult to get hold of and too expensive!
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Manmade or not, I think they look fabulous! Price should reflect that it's manmade though.
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Just to put it out there - all the glass beads are man made, and people pay a lot for those (old earth anyone? Wink )

However I do think that the people who have paid a lot for the blue goldstones would really not want them to go into regular production... pale

Also, although man made, goldstone is widely used in 'gemstone' jewellery, so I can see why it was included in a gemstone kit. That's not to say I agree with it in principle though Evil or Very Mad

Oh and I voted yes to having both goldstones in the regular production. If people really do love them so much then why not?!
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by sakyubc Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

After going back and forth, I voted yes. On principle I feel that limited editions should be just that, limited. But, given the variety of things that were in the gemstone kits Trollbeads would be eliminating a lot of future choices if they were to never make any of those things available again. Clearly it is popular and my guess is that they could use a different size or shape or whatever to make it different. I think it is important that it is indicated that it is man made and glass.
sakyubc
sakyubc
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodge Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:53 pm

If they're pretty and people will buy them...

Hodge
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 pm

yes , it,s a dark blue color, very nice.
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 pm

I don't care about them. They are BLUE Embarassed ...
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 pm

mermaidspurse wrote:I don't care about them. They are BLUE Embarassed ...
Funny post
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemae Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 am

I think they are very pretty if they sold for the same price as the other gemstones. Manmade doesn't bother me if I like it, but the price?? THAT bother me !!!!!!
maggiemae
maggiemae
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:21 am

I posted a LONG time ago on a different forum that I wanted these and Moonstones!!! I would LOVE to have one and production is my only hope!

Still waiting on the UK prisms to go production. Very Happy
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnewe Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 am

I voted yes...but only for a normal price...$ 400,00 is ridiculous..but i have not seen the bead yet..perhaps my judgement is wrong Neutral ?
vonnewe
vonnewe
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:52 am

I voted yes on both. Limited is one thing, but to just allow them to be available in one or 2 places, IMHO, only allows more to be sold on Ebay for extravagant prices. I really like how they are doing the WT beads!! We all have a chance to get them and a little time also. Heck, I did not pay as much for my Old Earth, Red Dillo, or Crane...I sure would not pay $400 plus for the blue goldstone.
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:50 am

I would love to have them in the line and voted YES! I am hoping the beads will at least come to the US so maybe I can find a few of the ones I liked the best. I think this bead could be hard to combine, but all the more reason to have it available. Then, I can buy two or three and have no problem! Very Happy

How about we just vote that they should send a few to their biggest fans - US!
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:53 am

I agree with Trolldog....we should all have the chance to buy not just in one or 2 countries.....the world tour ...well we can all manage to find a dealer.....but with the gemstones...well too hard.....btw voted yes.
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 am

I am not craving one but voted yes so that a guaranteed supply of them would stop the runaway prices on eBay. Just wondering if having a nearly impossible to find goldstone at $400 gives more pleasure than one available for the regular gemstone price.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll Boi Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 am

Hmmmm --- Am I only the only one that is tired of reading about the Blue Goldstone?!?!

Fool

I think the LE Gemstone release also had lots of other beautiful stone beads that aren't getting near the amount of credit that is due.
Troll Boi
Troll Boi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 pm

I have a blue goldstone that I purchased for only a few $$ more than the production gemstones. If I didn't have one I would probably lust after one, but would never pay ebay prices. It is a gorgeous bead that could easily pass for a larger faceted black onyx until the sun hits it.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next