BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Spring 2012 release

+179
Clochard
baykakes
troll2011
rlanghorst
Kirstin
amylou87
ellis
TwinMom
Beadsister
Flower
merlesen
Anita
cutey2009
matilda
Imelda
joycehofland
ina
BeeBeeshummer
mkasp
travelingtroll
wisconsinavis
SnorkMaiden
workerB4troll
mdellanno
smschoenauer
Mini Gnome
chocoholic
Beady-Eyed
HunnyBunny
ravensmother
kimvw
Pandabee(uk)
Szilvia
niceday
Joolz
Rainbow
bbogorad amione
purpletibet
Elsie
MollyMcD
Ninbey
Treeinwind
romayne
TrollTech
shiprat
ceruleanbluebird
Tanjaatje
Poison_Ivy
trolladdict
yukita
swisstroll
elencar
lisa
haukkie
Trollfee
gabi
flowertroll
Lengoa
MinnNorsk
Engel
ZAKLINZ
jlfritz
Tatiana
ahmotheroftwo
jhulings
GRUMPY
trollmoll
trollbeadlover
retiredk9racer
mrubin
Smaug
Silmaril
waterlily
Blairkj
lobby
twinklebeads
Ellie Rob
Trollpetal
Beadmama
Fleur
mermaidspurse
naranja
splinty
tcschumaker
Pond
polarchick
Wintertroll
Lavender
natasja
Guv
TrollFantasy
vampbutterfly
bibi
Daisylove
Jan
Trolldog
Brightonbelle
jotroll84
chestersnickers
madyznsmom
trollbeadslady
agnieszka
spiderpixie
silver
Anyone
Omgbeads
madabouttrolls
zuzu's petals
Drache
Hodge
Chewbacca
hayseed
Juniper
Trollfan
Bluesybeads
Trollperle
kionee
hildejanbroers
wilsche
NMGirl
busy bee
rainyday
pandapharm
Molamola
Trollsister
Paixxx
lkeen
Fee
IrishTroll
bschulmeyer
TinaLee
lecohen
Fuzzyfeet
Una
FranciscaLochtenbergh
Nancy
Kensington
Chuck
snowy
LindaJo
sims
Nkara
TrollsRus
stephenie
Tinka
kitsunegrl
charlibean
Veaa
Beadgirl
Trollette
Fera
Sware
trollcat
Seahorse
maggiemae
annateresa
Catsworld
TrollRose
margiegoodwin
Michelle
lyric_girl
Wildthing
Freddie
Trollseeker
Bowerbird
neonfiller
Hisae
cyberfairy
liana
Fairy3
Artemis
Barb
maddybrown1
Dorabella
cottinghamgirl
Kathleen
soxfan
Trolls
BeadThrilled
183 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Trollbeads Spring 2012 release - Page 22 Empty Re: Trollbeads Spring 2012 release

Post by MinnNorsk Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Remember the LE Sapphire faceted stone bead which was given to a lucky few who had their designs chosen for top ten in People's Bead? That was like the ruby, but in a way, almost more interesting than your normal sapphire because it had the streaks and occlusions in it...Oh, I loved that bead and lust after it still! Wish they'd have brought that bead out for the regular line!!!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Spring 2012 release - Page 22 Empty Re: Trollbeads Spring 2012 release

Post by flowertroll Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Well... after seeing several pics now...
I might get the rose and the griffin/phoenix. Maybe a cream dillo, too.
The purple flower tassel looks great, but it's quite expensive...

I'm quite glad the greens are not for me, it will save me a lot of money Laughing
Not sure about those cups and brown/cream beads, have to see the glass IRL first.

I was looking forward to the ruby, too, but somehow I can't bring myself to spend that much money for beads anymore.

flowertroll
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I bought the Purple Flower Tassel...and I love it...the color is beautiful. The barrel beads are flatter than they look in photos...the detail is flatter...I was disappointed by that. Love the B & W Agates, but did not like the Cream Dillos I saw...will wait for just the right one to come into the shop later. The Coffee Cup is wonderful...so smooth and shiny. Did not buy any other glass. One Ruby that I saw was gorgeous and one was awful. $165 CDN...YIKES!
The Silver Flower Pendant is nice and large...YES, not a "green" person, so lucky there. The oval pendant is beautiful...the turquoise one!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 pm

misssodakgal wrote:Whenever I see the bundt pan bead, I think of the scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the groom's mother brings a bundt cake to a party and is trying to tell the bride's aunt what it is.

You forgot the first line, which DS and DD LOVE to quote......

Maria: This cake has a hole in it!!! Laughing Laughing

I may have to get the bead just for that movie I love you so cute!

Else I am swept away by the glass beads in this release, creams and dark greens, just what I've been pining for.
I love the grey-ness of the cream dillos that I've seen, like the color "Navaho White" (I did a lot of interior painting), like a clay grey white.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:37 pm

We had planned to go shopping today and visit our LD...... but there was snow this morning and still snowing and either some interesting books or work waiting for us - so we decided to stay at home.
I love seeing member's pic of the new release beads, but still I don't feel the need to buy any.
Does this qualify for the bead wagon?
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:40 pm

We will see how long this lasts! Maybe we are slowing down...I didn't feel like I had to buy everything!!!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by HunnyBunny Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I love the Cake Form lol and it looks spectacular on a necklace, one at each end, flat side next to a glass bead. Rather than the name Cake Form, I'm going to call it the Kugelhoph in honour of my Mum (she makes spectacular Kugelhoph) Very Happy
HunnyBunny
HunnyBunny
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 pm

What is Kugelhoph? It sounds interesting...we call them Bundt pans in the States! I had to get that cake pan because my husband's gramma had one and she made something called "Cinnamon Pull-Aparts" or another name for them was "Monkey Bread!" That was fabulous...made with Pillsbury Country Style bisquits!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 pm

With a name like hunnybunny, don't you want the two bunnies?
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 pm

trollcat wrote:I love the grey-ness of the cream dillos that I've seen, like the color "Navaho White" (I did a lot of interior painting), like a clay grey white.
Ha! Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams Navaho White?
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:23 pm

There is a spray paint you can buy called Navaho White, too!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 pm

LindaJo wrote:
trollcat wrote:I love the grey-ness of the cream dillos that I've seen, like the color "Navaho White" (I did a lot of interior painting), like a clay grey white.
Benjamin Moore Very Happy
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by HunnyBunny Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:45 pm

MinnNorsk wrote:What is Kugelhoph? It sounds interesting...we call them Bundt pans in the States! I had to get that cake pan because my husband's gramma had one and she made something called "Cinnamon Pull-Aparts" or another name for them was "Monkey Bread!" That was fabulous...made with Pillsbury Country Style bisquits!

Kugelhoph is a European marble style cake, sort of like a heavy sponge. My Mum is Austrian so I grew up with this wonderful treat and still get to stuff my face at least once or twice a month tongue I've heard of Bundt cakes but have never tried one. I bought the bead for my Mum as well and won't she get a surprise tomorrow he he he. She will not believe her eyes! Laughing I bought one for my daughter too. Laughing Laughing

As for the new bunnies, no, I didn't want them lol and how silly am I, didn't even put 2 and 2 together. Embarassed
HunnyBunny
HunnyBunny
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 pm

It is wonderful that you got one for your Mum and daughter too...it is a bead that ties you all together! Is sponge kind of like pound cake? Does it have a lot of butter in it? I never met a pound cake I didn't like...this cake sounds wonderful and your Mum will be touched that you got this for her...memories...so special.

MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by HunnyBunny Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words MinnNorsk, I'm really touched. Very Happy Gosh, didn't even think of the bead tying us all together either! Embarassed That's what happens when it's 3am in the morning and should be looking at the back of my eyelids! tongue Just can't stay away from this forum lol! Laughing

I've heard of pound cake but don't actually know what it is lol. I'm not sure if Kugelhoph has any butter in it and will have to check with Mum tomorrow but I know it has lots of eggs, flour, vanilla sugar. I've never met a Kugelhoph I didn't like either! tongue I've never made one but should get the recipe tomorrow.

Yes, my Mum will be touched tomorrow and can hear her already lol. My Dad will just think we're nuts. Razz She owns her bracelet due to me and I've also bought her nearly every bead on it. Very Happy I love to spoil my Mum when I can because she is such a wonderful Mum and a sensational Grandma to my kids. Very Happy

Time for bed now or I'll be hearing the rooster soon. tongue Night night and lovely chatting with you! Very Happy
HunnyBunny
HunnyBunny
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Same to you!

Hope you DO get the recipe for the Kugelhoph...no matter how good a cook YOU are, MUM's is always best, right?

Well, you must be a wonderful Mum yourself as you had such a great example growing up.

Lovely that you 3 share that bead. I started a friend on Trollbeads...sometimes we gift each other with the same bead and that is magical...Night Night! Lovely chatting with YOU as well! Sharon
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 pm

trollcat wrote:
LindaJo wrote:
Benjamin Moore Very Happy

You are right, that cream dillo shade is very much like Navaho White. I should know, it is on most of my walls where I couldn't decide what color to paint. I am not planning to get any of the glass or barrel beads for a while (a set of Zodiacs will wreck the bead budget) so it's just as well to wait and see them IRL. However, I did get caught up in the excitement of the new release and succumbed to the rose pendant on D4E when I saw that it was at a better price than elsewhere. Ah, the prices... pretty shocking to see them actually in print next to the silver and gold beads, old and new. The more expensive the bead, the bigger the jump, it seems. The Troll coin is now around $80! This was the biggest shock since I'd just gotten it recently for $20 less. There may be a couple of places that have not raised the price on this (the Beadcage is one) so get it quickly if you've been wanting one.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 pm

MinnNorsk wrote:We will see how long this lasts! Maybe we are slowing down...I didn't feel like I had to buy everything!!!
I hope I am slowing down buying beads. I bought 3 new beads and thought I would buy a few more later. But now I am wondering if I really want them.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Just like you, Blairkj, I bought the ones that really spoke to me and then walked away...would have been saving up in anticipation, before, and bought ALL that I liked on the first day...this price increase has to be putting a damper on TB's sales, I would think...YIKES...what prices for little bits of glass and silver! It is good to step back and think, as we often get caught up in the moment!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinMom Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm actually warming to the bundt cake bead now. I think it would look great on a bracelet with a coffee mug or teacup and three of the cream/brown glass beads.
TwinMom
TwinMom
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by NMGirl Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 am

Navajo White was my Dad's favorite paint color. I think you all have created a need for another bead. Smile

I loved the greens - they are so bright and springy. I came home with the armadillo, forest anemone, snowdrop and jumping baby rabbit. I have a long wish list of others!

I was disappointed in the heart lock. It was unwieldy looking and the smaller lock on one I picked up didn't even close. I was hoping for another big lock... guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Looking forward to seeing all your pictures. Smile
NMGirl
NMGirl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 am

That heart lock is back-ordered for my LD but I also heard that the small end of the lock didn't close...must be the way it is supposed to be!

I'd buy Forest Anemone just for the name...LOL!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 am

My LD had 5 heart locks. They were interesting, though not for me. The small end of the clasp was very hard to get the chain off of it.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 am

Two stores that I went to yesterday said that the Heart Lock was on back-order till February. I heard that the China Zodiacs are on back-order too and that they might be almost gone already!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 am

P.S. I don't want the heart lock...I love hearts but just not this lock!
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next