BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN!

+7
TrollBlossom
GRUMPY
speedy
unicorn1976
Amanda Mac (Dot)
matilda
beadiack
11 posters

Go down

flower - Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN! Empty Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN!

Post by beadiack Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 am

This is getting ridiculous! This is the ring that I got a couple months ago as the replacement for the last one that lost its bead within 3 months.

This time, happily, it happened in my kitchen and I heard it fall on the floor. I was able to clean out the hole and reattach it with jeweler's glue.

I think from now on I'm going to have to tug on it hard every day to make sure it's not going to come off unattended.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

flower - Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN! Empty Re: Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN!

Post by matilda Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:42 am

That´s really annoying! Thank God you ´ve found it immediately. Hope it keeps fixed now!
Do you wear the ring every day?
matilda
matilda
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

flower - Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN! Empty Re: Bead came off Blue Flower ring AGAIN!

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

Not good at all - I do worry about their glue!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn1976 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 am

oh no, the same thing happened to the aphrodite ring of a friend of mine Sad - luckily the bead was found!
unicorn1976
unicorn1976
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am

matilda wrote:That´s really annoying! Thank God you ´ve found it immediately. Hope it keeps fixed now!
Do you wear the ring every day?

Yes. But then I think that's what a ring is about.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by speedy Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:23 pm

sorry to hear that Evil or Very Mad that is no good, I have heard of a couple of incidents like this, not only with rings, but also the dichroic glass in beads
speedy
speedy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:53 pm

speedy wrote:sorry to hear that Evil or Very Mad that is no good, I have heard of a couple of incidents like this, not only with rings, but also the dichroic glass in beads

Yup! Had that too. Fortunately, TB stood behind their products and repaired or replaced all my damages.

But I was lucky this time that I could do it myself. MUCH faster!

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm

much faster doing it yourself, but dont forget, glass needs special glue or it will show through. It shouldnot happen, but it does I loose diamonds like that too.. the bills are terrible.. it makes me wear my rings less now.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:04 pm

I used a jewelers' glue. Plus, happily, the setting involves silver leaves that wrap around the base of the bead. I think they do a good job of concealing the attachment.

However, if it happens to anyone else, TB will make the repair and then you can hold them responsible for an effective and attractive bond.

I just found it faster to do it myself with things I had on hand.

Tragic to think you've lost diamonds! Tragic!

I would NEVER use glue on a diamond! ...but then I don't have any so that's not a prob for me. Wink

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:13 pm

nah no glue with the diamonds as they have to be replaced and reset, and replacement stones like for like... to be matched,, it cost a fortune each time.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

You're are so lucky that you didn't lose the glass! Hopefully it stays put now.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by terylxlr8 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 am

I just got the blue glass ring, I hope this does not happen. I wear it often too.
terylxlr8
terylxlr8
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 am

I had this happen with my Hawthorne ring. I didn't realize you shouldn't put it in water. I was wearing it every day, and not paying attention to it when doing dishes, washing my hands etc. Now I am very careful. I glued it back in the first time, but lost the pearl the second time. It was more than a year, but the shop returned it for a replacement. Great customer service!

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by terylxlr8 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:24 am

I never put it in water or use it when Im cleaning.. So I'm hoping this doesn't happen to mine.
Id love to get the eye of aphrodite ring as I just aquired the LE retired summer butterfly that matches it.
terylxlr8
terylxlr8
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by purpletibet Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 am

I lost the dichoric glass in my bilquis earrings...wore those ALL the time...thankfully they were replaced, it took 3 months but they were replaced!
purpletibet
purpletibet
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:12 am

Everytime I visit my daughter, I have my diamond ring gone over at the jewelery store where Mr Pond bought it. I just feel safer having it checked out.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down