BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2500 miles roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland

+29
snowy
retiredk9racer
bubbagump
Jules
rainyday
Kensington
Merlyn
laurenp
Wildthing
Rainbow
Trollsister
Silmaril
ahmotheroftwo
Blairkj
Bluesybeads
Vesty21
Mini Gnome
LindaJo
DblJJ
Fuzzyfeet
kionee
Monkey
trollcat
Fera
Artemis
Wintertroll
Trolls
Kathleen
GRUMPY
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2500 miles  roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland - Page 2 Empty Re: 2500 miles roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland

Post by rainyday Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Have fun, you are crazy but I like you anyways!!! Smile
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

2500 miles  roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland - Page 2 Empty Re: 2500 miles roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland

Post by Jules Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Travel safely Grumpy....have a great time xo
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:15 pm

be safe and have fun
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Have a great and safe trip! Looking forward to seeing pictures when you return Smile
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 pm

thanks all, all packed up... so hard 10 days clothes in a holdall.. Question i hate getting into dirty clothes so always have clean tops. lol
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 am

have a lovely time find any crystal trollbeads get me one!!!!!!!love you xxx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 am

of course i will that was compulsary... ;-) only crystal? sms me
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm

On my way back now.. in Metz France.. what a wonderfull time as soon as I approached Italy and started doing my first swiss passes, I knew the trollbead crystal would be the right memory gift to myself as they reflect the 24/7 all year round snow you find there.. white, or melting, solid white, bits of black etc etc on my last day in switzerland I had a day of biking... except with my address list of LD I went to look at a few swiss crystals.. having had this for a memory for ever... sorry its a link but it must shows exactly what typical days we had..[color=blue]

meetup with the italian group.. click here for photos

So I went trollbead hunting.. and yep got a lovely haul of them, travelled about 135miles from shop to shop... last shop was a detour.. grrrrrr it took me off an A road and put me on a gravel road about 7km of descent on hairpins.. quite a few of them about 5 bends before the end..

Mad car approached.. I had 5 cars behind me, going steady and slow the road was the width of a car and a half.. so thats ok if we pause and stay on our own side.. it was busy traffic going up n down.. yep you guessed it.. mad approaching car going at 30mph I'd say wanted all the road width I didnot think he gave me enough room and forced me to come to standstill.. even at 10mph I went down.. bike seriously scratched, new boot with foot in it was trapped under bike they had to lift it off.. I shouted for someone.. to lift the rear too..stood up helped them to get it off the ground put on side stand before I felt the pain..

24 hours later.. and boy was I rough I biked back the 97 km to aurora.. not having a clue how bad or good it was. Had dinner, crawled into bed with pain killers.. good move..

First thing foot is ok just swollen and bruised, various bruises all over.. not bad but the right shoulder got really a bad time.. Fortunately I got on the bike this morning and rode as good as non stop to Metz..going to have a snooze now.. in effect the shoulder got rested up and with paramol i'm keeping it together..I didnot know the reservation number of roger.. so im in my own room now.. I could not sit about and wait for him to turn up I found out he was miles behind me..! Still happy with my scooter she is going to get an honoury paint job.. she served me well...

Damage to bike and human... mmmm bad and costly but was it worth it. should i have just simply turned back.. Each bead was personally selected to show the array of the snow and the memories of switzerland.. a big adventure biking and learning to ride roads I will never see again.. hair pin bends.. Stelvio.. Cobble stoned Pass (Goddard), Timmelsjoch.Ofen, Fluela,Albula and Oberalp, on trollbead shopping day I found Satteleg pass, and the detour.. no idea what its called but I will try and miss that one out next time..

So was it worth it... Oh yes... Happy girl

2500 miles  roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland - Page 2 010720114282500 miles  roundtrip on a Scooter..to Switzerland - Page 2 01072011429
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 pm

So glad you were not seriously injured. Sounds like someone was watching over you. The beads are breathtaking and will provide you with many memories. Take it slow and easy for awhile untill you fully recover.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Oh Paula, I hope you feel better today ! That was quite a shock yesterday evening to hear about your accident affraid

You really picked beautiful beads ! And they for sure will have a special meaning to you.
Take care on the rest of your road trip !!!!!! Hug
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Wow ... very exciting news and I am so glad you are okay ... it could have been much worse (but we won't think of that)! Your beads are STUNNING!!! a very beautiful collection ... I am glad you had such a wonderful, facinating time and I am glad you are back safe and sound Very Happy
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 pm

What does Goofy say on the back of the one bike Question
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 pm

goofy.. ah the italian group welcome on board with the band and its tour operators pippobis swci..

I am now honorary member of their scooter group they are coming to uk in august and gave us gifts etc. so i shall make sure a warm welcome for them in wales. nite nite taking this body to bed.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Wow, so glad you're OK!

Metz is great- I like a crepe restaurant there, plus nice shops to wander around window shopping!! Plus nice beads there! But most of all, I'm glad you were seriously hurt.
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Relieved to hear that you and your bike are not badly injured!
It sounds like an amazing ride/ trip...your Mountain Crystal combo is stunning
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Take good care of yourself
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 am

Your beads are stunning - rest up and take care of yourself - wishing you an uneventful remainder of your trip!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 am

Love that you matched your necklace to your hair (in the photos)

Take care! Hug
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by binjy Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:45 am

Loving the switzerland bike tour story, sorry to hear bout your accident though. Seems you had a ball and brought back some beautiful beads to prove it. Smile
binjy
binjy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 am

Tell you what the blue prism is gonna look fab n that combo!!!!!!
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:53 am

So relieved you are ok! I love to read about your Switzerland tour.

I once headed off for Wallis and surroundings to work in a hotel and have me a 'holiday'. I love Switzerland, been traveling/walking around on my days off. So these beads are must for me.

Love your combo, it is fabulous! I'm definitely gonna need more crystals!
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Wow, you know hoe to have an adventure! Great combos for your trip. I'm quite taken by the necklace with rose quartzes and violet flowers. Naughty dragon is the perfect companion for an adventure!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2