BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet

+6
reltan
Fleur
stacecase
trollfinder
Lady Jagen
bubbagump
10 posters

Go down

beads - Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet Empty Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet

Post by bubbagump Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

I threw this together because my Bangle and Stoppers arrived in the mail today. Plus I wanted you all to see the variations in the amount of glitter on the pale grey based bead with large glitter dots. One is a good example of the bead, and the other one is, well, not so great. In my opinion there is much to much green showing with only a portion of the green dot covered with glitter. I may exchange it if the webshop I ordered it from has another in stock that has minimal or no green showing. I'm interested in your opinion. Am I being too fussy? Or should it be all glitter with no green showing, or at least not so much green showing. It is like this all the way around the bead and in some spots there is even more green showing. I bought doubles of the 4 beads from the Taupe/Black kit that I liked the most. And the other one is all gold glitter in the dots. Feedback is appreciated.

beads - Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet Dsc00752pa

bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

beads - Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet Empty Re: Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet

Post by Lady Jagen Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 pm

At least you got a lot of glitter in the one Very Happy the one I ordered was green AND had like two specks of glitter per dot. Maybe I would ask them to try and match that one that you do like? I don't think that one is too bad, but if they let you be picky, then why not? Get your money's worth! :3

PS, LOVE the laurel wreath/fern one next to the dotty bead in question. Also the glitter braid is fantastic.
Lady Jagen
Lady Jagen
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

beads - Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet Empty Re: Christmas Black/Taupe Kit Beads On New Bangle Bracelet

Post by bubbagump Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Thank you for your feedback Lady Jagen. Yes there is a sufficient amount of glitter, I'm just not 100% keen on the green showing. They must have to lay the green color down first in order for the glitter to do its magic. Otherwise why would they use it. Yes the glitter braid is my favorite ooak bead. I bought it here on the sales page from Trollcat. And It's my BEST GLASS OOAK BEAD in my entire collection. I was thrilled when I saw the Taupe/Black kit because I knew I had a new home front and center for my Black Glitter Braid. I'm a lucky girl.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm

I saw this problem when I went to my LD to pick out my Christmas beads. Most of the gold dot beads were like the one you are questioning. Pretty enough but I like to get the best example of a bead and I always want lots of glitter Smile Out of 12 gold dot beads, I found one that was all glitter. The rest had green with some to little glitter.
BTW, I really love your grey flower on the left, I cannot find one with good glitter dots like yours. I think the glitter is very hard to work with.
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 am

I bought a kit online, so was really taking my chances, however, I think I got pretty lucky. My dots bead also has a tiny bit of "green" showing and my flower bead has such tiny buds, you can't even see the glitter, but the other four are so perfect, I decided not to complain. If you can return it and get them to pick you out another, why not? Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 am

Thoughts ?
Your combo is so stunning and the glitter braid makes the icing on the cake Very Happy
I love the Decoration Kit and will try to find one with the most gold glitter as possible.
But I've had a bit of beadplay with one of the less glitter versions and it's pretty useful and versatile too Wink (e.g. it has been a great match to the olive Kimono bead on my beige leather bracelt).
Maybe the all-gold-glitter versions are harder to find?
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am

Buying online is always very difficult, just a few weeks ago I got a turtle that was really orrible. However all the Christmas beads that I saw in shops were like yours, never seen one as the picture of the official bead. The same happened for the bead f Sweet Christmas, never saw one that was any near the advertising. I think you should be happy with yours, they are not bad at all and your combo is super!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm finding it more comfortable to wear less beads on the bangle. 5 beads on the bangle makes it much more comfortable for me. I found it uncomfortable with 9 beads on it. Thank you for all your feedback. Smile
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

I make a warning topic on this green when the beads come out for I now so many have to order on line. but it got deleted. Question
Your bracelet looks good Very Happy

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jhulings Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 pm

First of all your bracelet is stunning!! Second, you are NOT being too fussy. Get what you want and get what you paid for.
jhulings
jhulings
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Your bangle looks great with your new beads !
No, you´re not being fussy ! For me this bead should have lots of GLITTER !
That´s what TB is advertising and showing on the catalogue pic and that´s what I want then. Have your beads 8 or 10 dots ?
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Snowy one has 12 dots and one has 10 dots. I guess I got lucky with the 12 dot bead, and the funny thing is the one with 12 dots is a small bead and each dot is full of glitter with no green showing. I did find I prefer to only wear a maximum of 5 beads on the bangle and that the inside rubber of my two new stoppers enlarged quite a bit when I removed them the first time. They do not fit as tightly as they initially did, and I hope that this is not an indication that these bangles with become "stopper eaters."
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down