BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner!

+19
casarobi
chestersnickers
snowy
Rainbow
polarchick
Michelle
Dinmi
trolliholic
wiggy
kimvw
Joolz
Megram
LindaJo
HunnyBunny
Bluesybeads
Jellydoc
Lengoa
PMJ
naranja
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by naranja Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Dear trollies,

Thank you for participating in BeadThrilled's third image puzzle! Very Happy You don't know how much fun I am having coming up with them and reading through your answers. When I make them I get nervous thinking you will find all 8 within minutes but then I am reminded of how the assocations might be natural to me but not necessarily to you! Let me just say that some of your answers are better than the intended ones! Cool Laughing

Before I share with you some stats, the correct answers and our winner, I would like to send all who participated (and all who didn't dare to but had a go at guessing!) a big, warm hug! Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! 285629

Some stats
- 12 members sent in guesses for this challenge, adding up to a total of 19 guesses (7 members used both their guesses).
- None of you guessed all 8 beads correctly! Shocked I guess I made this one too difficult? pale One member scored 7/8; one member scored 6/8; three members scored 5/8; seven members scored between 2/8 and 4/8.

Correct answers
Here are your correct answers (and some of your incorrect answers!) in order of which was least difficult to which was most difficult, judging by number of correct guesses!

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer1
1. Venus - 12/12

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer2
2. Rhinoceros (retired) - 11/12
Incorrect answer: theatre masks

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer3
3. Black silk - 10/12

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer4
4. Seals - 9/12
Incorrect answers: buttons, troll coin

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer52
5. Aldabra (retired) - 5/12
Incorrect answers: Zanzibar, ocean, treasures
Zanzibar (Tanzania) actually isn't far off, but it is a lot closer to the coast than Aldabra (part of the Seychelles). The coordinates should have lead you to the Aldabra atoll.

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer6
6. Clubs (retired) - 3/12
Incorrect answers: team, champion, angel & devil

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer7
7. Green reflection (retired) - 2/12
Incorrect answers: red/silver apple, little princess, snowdrop, the seer, fantasy rose, kiss, snow

And last but not least, the answer that my hint on March 19 referred to:
What’s in a name? That which some of you call a daisy
By another name would smell far sweeter
You might think this name a little crazy
Possibly because you are not such a big eater

The first part referred to how most of you thought the flower was a reference to the daisy bead. The second part referred to how I think the name of this bead is definitely crazy and you would not think of this one unless you thought of sweet food. I must say you picked up on the edible part very well, but almost none of you got the correct edible flower Laughing

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Answer8
8. Nougat flower - 1/12 (Joolz! Always follow your instinct, girl!)
Incorrect answers: daisy, chocolate parrot, zucchini flower, french anemone, seed bead, daisy donut earrings, forest anemones, honey bud

You should see the list Bluesybeads sent me. Her dedication to this puzzle has been unsurpassable (and I told her as much). It looks like she spent a whole afternoon thinking of any flower that might fit the description:

"Rose - Shakespeare (kinds of TB roses: Rose 11203, rose pendant, Rose 12304,
Rose 61372, Shadow Flower)
Anemone - because of the petals on the flower, but anemone is not a
sweet-smelling rose. (Kinds of Anemone TB - Danish World Tour Anemone,
French Anemone, Wood Anemone)
Tulip - because of the stem and leaf, but tulip is not a sweet smelling
rose. (was tulip a limited edition?)
Zucchini flower - but Zucchini is not a rose but it is food and edible and
has a strange name but the wrong colour.
Hydrangea - strange name flower, but not quite a sweet-smelling rose and not
looking like the flower in question
Fantasy flower - strange flower?
Mountain flower- this could be the one, but it does not have a strange name
or even a name of it own, since it is a collective name for mountain flowers
Lotus - white flower not smelling as a rose
Three flowers
Carved flowers
May flower
Graphic flower
Edible flowers - Zucchini, rose, anemone, tulip"

She eventually decided on french anemone, "(chosen because it is soon Easter and narcissus or daffodils
are signs of spring and cheerful living)" Very Happy I love you

And now, for our winner. She was one of two who guessed green reflection. The only bead she didn't guess correctly was nougat flower. With a fabulous score of 7/8, she is the winner of a parcel filled with Dutch munchies and more! The winner is...

Polarchick!

Congratulations dear trollie and thank you again for participating! Could all 12 of you please email me your postal address (including country)? Polarchick will be sent the munchies prize, but I would like to send you all a thank you note. I love you

---
ETA: Please email me your address (so I don't risk missing your PM because of a full inbox!).

Last edited by naranja on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Re: Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by PMJ Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Well done Polarchick !!! Congratulations... Clap .
I discovered that I have thought to easy... normally that's the way, but with the puzzles of naranja... I should look further next time study.
Thank you naranja again for this great puzzle !!! Hope you continue making them...
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Re: Image puzzle 3 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by Lengoa Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm

PMJ wrote:Well done Polarchick !!! Congratulations... Clap .
I discovered that I have thought to easy... normally that's the way, but with the puzzles of naranja... I should look further next time study.
Thank you naranja again for this great puzzle !!! Hope you continue making them...

Agree
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellydoc Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Well done Polarchick! And thanks Naranja for setting such a challenging puzzle! I'm pleased to have got 6 of the 8 right. I completely forgot about the deadline for my second guess but could not decide between nougat flower or desert flower anyway! I also got Aldabra wrong - I said Zanzibar (I was never any food at geography!)
Jellydoc
Jellydoc
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Congratulations to the winner and the runner-up - exceptionally well done! cheers

Embarassed I did not think my flower considerations would be public, but I had a hard time finding out, and then totally missing the actual chocolate treat Embarassed

Embarassed Clubs took as much time as the flowers, but I did not get any inspiration at all to guess clubs Embarassed

Well, I will not blame myself for not discovering Green Reflections, as I never pay much attention to any bead with buds.

One thing I did win, was my own guess that I had five correct answers. sunny

Thank you, Naranja, for making this challenging and interesting and as frustrating as ever Cool

Have a nice and sunny day and enjoy spring sunny

Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HunnyBunny Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Congrats Polarchick! Hurray
HunnyBunny
HunnyBunny
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Congratulations, Polarchick!

This one was tough, I loved it.
I had guessed Honey Bud for the sweet edible 'daisy', but I admit it was a mind-blowing experience to google honey bud.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Megram Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Congrats Polarchick Hurray Well done Very Happy

.... I " had a go " & find that some of my 1st guesses ( not submitted ) were correct, but others I'd never have known .. next time I'll try not to think too deeply Wink Should also know more about bead names too !!!!
I checked the co-ordinates but got the middle of the Indian Ocean !!!! Btw my guess for edible flower was daisy donut earrings lol!

Thanks for the puzzle Naranja Love

Megram
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Well done Polarchick Clap Congrats and enjoy your yummy Dutch munchies Hurray Daisy white

Oooh !! I got Nougat flower right on my first guess Shocked then changed it for my second guess Laughing don't think I would ever have got Aldabra or green reflection ... very tricky those two confused scratch

I have to also say THANK YOU to Naranja for coming up with these clever and tricky clues, great fun Very Happy also no need to send me a thank you note Very Happy
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Congrats polarchick! It's fun to see al the answers and explanations! I didn't dare to participate this time, but maybe I'll try the next one!
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by PMJ Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:35 pm

kimvw wrote:Congrats polarchick! It's fun to see al the answers and explanations! I didn't dare to participate this time, but maybe I'll try the next one!

Don't be scared... it's fun... I thought I was on the good way and no I discovered that I'm totally wrong. It's a lesson for the next time... Very Happy
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Arrrghhh !!! I completely forgot to enter....
4 correct for me though
Congratulations Polarchick !! Very Happy
wiggy
wiggy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trolliholic Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Congrats Polarchick! Jump
trolliholic
trolliholic
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinmi Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Congratulations Polarchick, very clever!

Never ever would have thought of green reflection. I didn't get past Chicken on that one as Snowwhite is a type of chicken.

Totally missed that the golf club and baseball bat where one clue, subsequently I missed the black silk.

Loved wrecking my brain though!
Dinmi
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Well done polarchick. I get 4 I wish I didnt alter my mind so much or I think to much it gos to the wrong ansers.
Not many did do this puzzle was it so to hard for you? jocolor

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

kimvw wrote:Congrats polarchick! It's fun to see al the answers and explanations! I didn't dare to participate this time, but maybe I'll try the next one!

It is good to try and then you see how many beads you will wish rereleased. Smile

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by polarchick Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh I have had a lovely day in the sunshine and now I have come home and found that I am a winner - WOO! WOO!

I didn't even know there was a bead called Green Reflection until I went hunting through the TB Universe archive for answers (and I'm not sure how it differs from the Shining Green Bus either). Does anyone have it?

Thanks to Naranja for a wonderful challenge, and I am very much looking forward to my prize, yum! (I will post photos!)
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Congratulations Polarchick - you found Green Reflection Sorry I am impressed Hug
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:12 pm

WELL DONE POLARCHICK!!!!
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 am

Congrats Polarchick Hurray
Green Reflection - WOW ! I would have never thought of that !

I did miss the hint and the deadline for a second guess ..but I donĀ“t think I had come up with better ansers than in my first guess Laughing This was challenging !

Thanks Naranja for another great Image Puzzle Hug

snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by chestersnickers Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Bluesybeads wrote:Congratulations Polarchick - you found Green Reflection Sorry I am impressed Hug
Agree Agree Agree
I was like Bang head on that one for days!
Congratulations!
Thank you Naranja for your brilliant work!
chestersnickers
chestersnickers
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Congrats!! Well done!
I only had 4 correct answers!
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:15 pm

look forward to the next one xx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I didn't even guess one!!!!
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Well done Polarchick!
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next