BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour Australia bracelet

+26
casarobi
Bluesybeads
rainyday
Engel
PMJ
swisstroll
lindakm
Yohanna
troll2011
Trolls
Hisae
Brightonbelle
Pandabee(uk)
Silmaril
Chuck
Bugladydi
Tinka
trollmoll
mermaidspurse
Sera
Anita
Tweedy
Trollfee
Corrie
charlibean
Smaug
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

world - World Tour Australia bracelet - Page 2 Empty Re: World Tour Australia bracelet

Post by Smaug Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 pm

swisstroll wrote:Yesterday I went with the train to go to Beads4you in Rapperswil, because I wanted to by me some of the aussie beads, especially the barrier reef. It took me more than one hour one way. I was so disappointed when I saw the color of them, I didn't buy one, the color was more beige than orange! When I look at yours, they seem to be much more orange! Did you see more of them, are the colors very different? When I look at the original pictures of TB, the color is a intensive orange, just the way I was reminded of australia. Should I wait with buying until every LD can sell them, perhaps there will be more choice?
Know what you mean... the actual color of the Barrier Reef bead is hard to tell I would say the base color is an ombre brownish-yellow. Though the colors in my picture seem as bright as the stock pictures they don't show that colorful every moment of the day...

My studio... Laughing with the ability to filter daylight to render colors as natural as possible but most advantageous too. (my neighbors have been wondering what the heck I'm always doing there taking pics Wink )
world - World Tour Australia bracelet - Page 2 De314d51

To get back to your question about the Barrier Reef bead... in my opinion it is a fabulous design, unique even for Trollbeads standards -though I'm sure there are OOAKs exploring this pattern but in different color schemes-... but this glass bead has no "candlelight quality" so to speak... which means it basically needs daylight to show its beauty. Outside broad daylight it may look rather dull.

But if you want to make sure to get a bead to your liking you have a better chance getting it from an Aussie LD than outside I'd say. But you never know. Of the three that I bought only one gets a bit close to the stock picture the others vary a bit more to the brownish color.
Of course I also asked MaVie for the 'catwalk' beads Laughing but I always understand I'm not the only one.

world - World Tour Australia bracelet - Page 2 5e1b9c3b

Engel wrote:I love how you always name the beads in your bracelets Sita! it is indeed really useful! and whenever I have enough beads to make a proper combo Im happy with (I want permanent combos for my bracelets and Im really picky with what to choose) I plan to do the same. so thank you for doing this with every bracelet you post pictures of! Daisy white
Thank you! I try to do it as much as possible... Very Happy
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

world - World Tour Australia bracelet - Page 2 Empty Re: World Tour Australia bracelet

Post by rainyday Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:52 pm

That bracelet is a feast for the eye with all of the colors, and it works so well! You always have such a great eye for blending unusual color schemes.

I love you
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Love your bracelet - it is so interesting!

Is the beads slightly overpolished as the barrel beads or are they fine in contrast?
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Your Ausie beads look very great! I find the kangaroe adorable!
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 pm

wonderful bracelet - I love the Barrier Reefs!!
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 am

I love everything about this combo!! Gorgeous as usual.
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowerbird Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Aah, looks wonderful, so much interest and detail. Makes me a little homesick too.
Bowerbird
Bowerbird
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ivonne81 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

I'm also making a Australia bracelet! I can definately put some inspiration out of yours. Thanks for showing here! Wink
ivonne81
ivonne81
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2