BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)

+27
Treeinwind
Chewbacca
mdellanno
snails
mermaidspurse
twinklebeads
Omgbeads
Trolldog
Nkara
bijouxbabz
Engel
chestersnickers
Nancy Foley
Carla
neonfiller
Wintertroll
Pandabee(uk)
AquaAura
PMJ
Fleur
agatha
trollmoll
Trolls
Jan
Yohanna
polarchick
ska
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  Empty My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)

Post by ska Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:56 pm

2008 I´ve been on a one week dogsledding trip in the arctic near Longyearbyen/Spitsbergen. It´s been a breathtaking adventure in a landscape that left me speechless sometimes. So this winter i wanted to make a special combo to remember this adventure. That`s what I came up with. The silver mountains, chalcedonys, white, icy and blue beads remind me of the ice and snow and of course the glaciers Love The silvers all have a meaning. The waves and the jellyfish remind me of the polar sea, the she wolf reminds me of the 6 dogs pulling my slay Love (Arcus, Riva, Fjell, Rusk, Nyalla, Scott), snow reminds me of ... snow lol! , the cells for the treasures of the soil and the svalbard global seed vauld, the brew of the moor because we had a lot of heavy fog an nearly a white-out, Eskimo Joe and the Innuit reminds me of the friendly people I met - although I know that there are no eskimos or Innuits on Spitsbergen Wink , the polar bear is self-explanatory Wink and the hearts because I lost a piece of my heart there I love you

There are non-TB`s in the combo: Joe - the rbf eskimo, the "She-Wolf" bead - novo beads, and an artisan glasbead (next to the eskimo)

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  P1000055arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  P1000057arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  P1000059arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  P1000060arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  P1000062

And thats why I had to do this:

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  190679_1767574883178_1653360219_1786319_1564063_n

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  189182_1767574203161_1653360219_1786317_598822_n

I`m the second "musher" Wink

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  196088_1767567442992_1653360219_1786314_6989893_n
ska
ska
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  Empty Re: My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)

Post by polarchick Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Beautiful bracelet, and wonderful photos ska!

The polar regions are close to my heart (I worked in Antarctica for 2 years - sadly well after the dog teams had left, I would have loved to be involved in dog sledding), so I like this a lot.
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

arctic - My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)  Empty Re: My arctic Spitsbergen Bracelet ( pic heavy)

Post by Yohanna Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:05 pm

How fabulous, the photos and the bracelet. Really stunning and great to have such a tactile memory of what must have been a really memorable trip.
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Your bracelet is beautiful and captures your arctic adventure perfectly!
Jan
Jan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

What an amazing experience!
Beautiful photos ska and stunning combo....

I read this article this morning and thought it has some really though provoking quotes...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-02/explorer-conquers-worlds-most-remote-island/3850110?section=world
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm

It's the perfect Arctic tribute!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:08 pm

very cool!!! What a Face
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Great memories to share (and quite an adventure!).
Love your combo.
The colours and silvers are perfect to represent the artic landscape.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by PMJ Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I have one, actually two words for you combination and trip : Frosty cool !!!
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Beautiful bracelet, such shivery cool colours! Love the she wolf bead...
Laughing
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 pm

chillingly good!! Wow
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Wow, I am blown away by this! That is a dream trip for me. Is dog sledding (not sure if that is the proper term) something you regularly engage in? Or did you train special for the trip? I bet it was amazing to be there. And your combo is a gorgeous representation of the trip.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Awesome...thanks for sharing.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos, they are breathtaking. Love the eskimo and the combo.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Foley Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Your bracelet is truly inspired and beautiful. I love the artisan bead and the glacier-blue glow of the Dichroic Ice. Thank you for all the wonderful photographs and the stories behind your bead selections. I just heard a tale Friday night from a friend who also did a dog-sled trip. She called it her number one life experience. Did your dogs stop for the command "Whoa!" or did they finally halt for "Goddammit! I said STOP!"

Nancy Foley
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by chestersnickers Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Just splendid! Love Love Love
chestersnickers
chestersnickers
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:04 pm

wow! breathtaking! both the bracelet and the experience! I hope someday I can do something like this! something that is once in a life time opportunity!
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Awesome in the true sense of the word! Also, spectacular! What a perfect way to remember. Love
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm

WOW that is an amazing bracelet, you capture the arctic so well!
My parents had siberian huskies when I was a child and I spent every winter dogsledding , it is an incredible feeling. The silence, just the dogs paws on the snow and their breathing, how I miss that!
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Simply stunning..both the combo and the pics!! Very fitting tibute to your arctic adventures!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ska Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you so much for your friendly replies - it means a lot to me sunny

Is dog sledding (not sure if that is the proper term) something you regularly engage in? Or did you train special for the trip?
I`ve never been dogsledding before, but I always wanted to. And I didn`t train for the trip... Embarassed They told us it`s okay for beginners - and it was. Sometimes it`s been hard - especially when we had to go over a mountain pass... We had to jump off the sled, because it`s been to heavy for the dogs, but when we jumped off, the dogs got so fast, that it was nearly impossible to keep in step with them Laughing But altogether it was really practicable for me, although I´m definitely not sporty Embarassed Laughing

Did your dogs stop for the command "Whoa!" or did they finally halt for "Goddammit! I said STOP!"
lol! Something like that Laughing We had to give them norwegian commands. Stop was "Stå!". Sounds "Stoar" or something like that... Of course the dogs didn`t stop when I shouted "Stå!"Laughing but they got definitely slower and so I´ve been able to step on the "break" and throw the anchors.
ska
ska
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Omgbeads Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:56 pm

What a wonderful trip, do you work with dogs. The trip is clearly reflected in your
Bracelet. I can feel the cold and excitement , congrats and thanks for sharing. Sheep
Omgbeads
Omgbeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by twinklebeads Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Beautiful Smile
twinklebeads
twinklebeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Beautiful, meaningful bracelet and awesome pics!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Wonderful combinations. I'm all shivery just looking at them!
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next