Length of Fantasy Necklaces

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Length of Fantasy Necklaces

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 am

I am interested in buying a fantasy necklace... most likely a pearl one... I usually do not like super long necklaces, but I was wondering about the shortest one.
I usually wear a 16" long Tiffany necklace that my boyfriend gave me, so I want to be able to wear both at the same time...
I was wondering if anyone could post how long they wear their fantasy necklaces?
Thanks!!!
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of Fantasy Necklaces

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:30 am

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 am

A longer fantasy necklace will give you many more options, you can use a bead and kind of double it (I can't explain it well, but there are directions on You tube and all over) and use a a lock as a a clasp. I say get one pretty long, it kind of looks cool even empty worn really long in my opinion.
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 am

@Treeinwind wrote:A longer fantasy necklace will give you many more options, you can use a bead and kind of double it (I can't explain it well, but there are directions on You tube and all over) and use a a lock as a a clasp. I say get one pretty long, it kind of looks cool even empty worn really long in my opinion.

Hmmm I will checkout You Tube right now! It needs a clasp? I thought it slipped right over your head?
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by alltrolls on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am

It depends on how many beads you want to wear with it. With the troll tree it should be 65 cm or longer.
alltrolls
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 am

@Treeinwind wrote:A longer fantasy necklace will give you many more options, you can use a bead and kind of double it (I can't explain it well, but there are directions on You tube and all over) and use a a lock as a a clasp. I say get one pretty long, it kind of looks cool even empty worn really long in my opinion.

Oh, I have seen some lovely ones like that! with double chain thing, and troll tree or baby dragon in the center!
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 am

Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:51 am

Thank you!
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinmi on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:19 am

I have 90 cm (35.4") FN which gives me a variety of ways to wear it. I don't wear it long though because with my lack of coordination I might crush or at least damage the pearl. So I wear it double and without a lock. I find the length perfect for me when wearing it double. Using a lock would extend it with 2 cm which gives room for more beads.
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 am

I will try and show how to do the long long fantasy necklace without a splitter or a lock just beads, simple once you figure it out. You do kind of loop in around one bead and then slip beads from one side to the other. Since you don't use a lock it needs to be a long enough FN to slip over your head!

Here is what it looks like finished:

If you look close you can see the loop over the first bead

Then over the back of the circle slip beads to the right or left.

There are all kinds of bead that work as a spitter too, frames, giraffe, baby dragon to name just few, but if you use that method you need to use a lock.
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 am

Or, if you are sick of the pearl or just want to wear a regular circle necklace with a bead that you normally couldn't wear on a FN because it would be sideways try this:

Just clasp the O ring on the pearl to the small end and wear it as a lock!
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinmi on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:57 am

Great pictures Treeinwind! That is exactly how I do it, was looking for explanatory visual material but don't have anything that really shows how it is done.

Since I like my symmetry, getting the necklace together can be puzzle. Here some examples of setups. It loops between the two lotus in the first and between the azteks in the other two, splitting the number of beads in two sets, one set you slide to the opposite side.

And here a a few examples when looped:
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:08 pm

I have a number of FNs (60, 90 and 100 cm). The 90 and 100 cm I wear doubled, using a splitter. The 90 cm works well with V-neck or scoop neck tops. The 100 cm works well with higher/crew neck tops. I do not wear these without doubling as they are much too long for me that way. I bought the 60 cm to wear without doubling, but found that I could only put a small number of beads on it and still fit it over my head. I ended up taking it to a jeweler and having the chain removed from the pearl, small loops (like those on the small loop end of the bracelets) added to each end of the chain and two small lobster clasps attached to each other in the manner of the basic double lock. I slide the pearl (or any other pendant I want to use) onto the chain, then feed both ends up through my beads and then use the double clasp to fasten it around my neck. I saw this on another forum under a member's blog there and thought it was a brilliant idea! I know that this is worthless without pictures - I will try later to take some (if DH decides to run some errands...)
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Great pics Dinmi, there are examples of about every way to use a FN except for this method! I was trying last night to explain without photos and if I had read that I would be scratching my head really hard to figure it out! Once you get the knack of it, it is easy but if I don't do it for awhile it takes me awhile to figure it out!
But that is why I love a long FN there are so many things to do with it!
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I had not realized the full potential of the FN! These are great ideas, thank you everyone. Mine are short....now thinking I should have a longer one too:)
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:59 pm

I have a 90 cm FN and always wear it double (with splitter and clasp). I'm pretty short, so if I wear it over the head it dangles everywhere and I'm afraid to bang it into things.

But I'm currently looking into getting a 70 cm to just wear over the head. I did some measurements and realised that 60 would be too short, I'd only be able to put a few beads on it and still get it over the head, so 70 cm it is Smile
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:33 pm

@Treeinwind wrote:I will try and show how to do the long long fantasy necklace without a splitter or a lock just beads, simple once you figure it out. You do kind of loop in around one bead and then slip beads from one side to the other. Since you don't use a lock it needs to be a long enough FN to slip over your head!

Here is what it looks like finished:

If you look close you can see the loop over the first bead

Then over the back of the circle slip beads to the right or left.

There are all kinds of bead that work as a spitter too, frames, giraffe, baby dragon to name just few, but if you use that method you need to use a lock.

Thank you for the pictures! I really appreciate it Smile
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 pm

@Dinmi wrote:I have 90 cm (35.4") FN which gives me a variety of ways to wear it. I don't wear it long though because with my lack of coordination I might crush or at least damage the pearl. So I wear it double and without a lock. I find the length perfect for me when wearing it double. Using a lock would extend it with 2 cm which gives room for more beads.

Can you wear it double and still string beads onto it? This sounds like a nice idea.
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 pm

@Treeinwind wrote:Or, if you are sick of the pearl or just want to wear a regular circle necklace with a bead that you normally couldn't wear on a FN because it would be sideways try this:

Just clasp the O ring on the pearl to the small end and wear it as a lock!

Ooo! Nice idea! I like this, thank you for showing me.
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

@Dinmi wrote:Great pictures Treeinwind! That is exactly how I do it, was looking for explanatory visual material but don't have anything that really shows how it is done.

Since I like my symmetry, getting the necklace together can be puzzle. Here some examples of setups. It loops between the two lotus in the first and between the azteks in the other two, splitting the number of beads in two sets, one set you slide to the opposite side.

And here a a few examples when looped:

Oh wow that looks cool.
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:36 pm

@retiredk9racer wrote:I have a number of FNs (60, 90 and 100 cm). The 90 and 100 cm I wear doubled, using a splitter. The 90 cm works well with V-neck or scoop neck tops. The 100 cm works well with higher/crew neck tops. I do not wear these without doubling as they are much too long for me that way. I bought the 60 cm to wear without doubling, but found that I could only put a small number of beads on it and still fit it over my head. I ended up taking it to a jeweler and having the chain removed from the pearl, small loops (like those on the small loop end of the bracelets) added to each end of the chain and two small lobster clasps attached to each other in the manner of the basic double lock. I slide the pearl (or any other pendant I want to use) onto the chain, then feed both ends up through my beads and then use the double clasp to fasten it around my neck. I saw this on another forum under a member's blog there and thought it was a brilliant idea! I know that this is worthless without pictures - I will try later to take some (if DH decides to run some errands...)

I would love to see this!
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

ok so I see that right now Trollbeads is only offering a fairy or a pearl? I sorta like the peral, but would prefer something different. Does anyone know where I can find one with a different end? Or should I just wait until they come out with a new fantasy necklace drop?
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I finally had the chance to snap some pictures. Here is the modified FN:

[img][/img]

Here is a close up of the loops I had them put on the ends of the chain and the double clasp they made for me (I am not crazy about how shiny it is, but...I have long hair and you can't see it!):

[img][/img]

And here is a close up of the original pearl from the FN on the chain:

[img][/img]

As you can see, if you want to use any other pendant you have at the bottom of the FN or even one of those interchangeable bead pendants, you can just put it on the chain, then feed both ends of the chain up through your beads and use the double clasp to fasten it around your neck.
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:08 pm

@retiredk9racer wrote:I finally had the chance to snap some pictures. Here is the modified FN:

[img][/img]

Here is a close up of the loops I had them put on the ends of the chain and the double clasp they made for me (I am not crazy about how shiny it is, but...I have long hair and you can't see it!):

[img][/img]

And here is a close up of the original pearl from the FN on the chain:

[img][/img]

As you can see, if you want to use any other pendant you have at the bottom of the FN or even one of those interchangeable bead pendants, you can just put it on the chain, then feed both ends of the chain up through your beads and use the double clasp to fasten it around your neck.

Thank you for the pictures! I think I might have to save up for one of these!
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by prin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

http://www.beadthrilled.com/t7800-chamilla-necklace?highlight=chamilla

I posted somthing along the same lines I havent bought mine yet though
prin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down