BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added!

+5
lecohen
Bugladydi
trollmoll
trollcat
trollgirly
9 posters

Go down

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! Empty Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added!

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 am

I just received my 3 gold beads I recently purchased from an e-bay seller.

All of them have a stamp.....18k (in really small print) and LAA (in much bigger print)

Does that sound genuine to you? I have never seen them in person so I don't know what the stamps should look like....someone here is selling a gold lucky knot and her pic shows 750 LAA in quite similar size print.

So now I'm freaking out....is that what a lucky knot should have stamped??
Can anyone tell me if the stamps vary...and if what I wrote sounds like something you have also.
I'm so worried Sad

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! P1030901
Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! P1030913
Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! P1030909
Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! P1030914
Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! P1030919

Do they look right????

thank you so much for any help

Last edited by trollgirly on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! Empty Re: Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added!

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:25 am

Pictures added
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! Empty Re: Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added!

Post by trollcat Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 am

I don't have a pic but my lucky knot stamp looks just like yours and mine did come from my LDs.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 am

trollcat wrote:I don't have a pic but my lucky knot stamp looks just like yours and mine did come from my LDs.

thank you so much for responding trollcat Smile
Is the 18k much smaller than LAA on yours?

I have 3 other gold beads purchased for LD's and in all of them the 18k and LAA are way fainter and both are same size.....what raised the flag is that in all these 3 i just got the 18k is way smaller and the stamps are deep!
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:43 am

The 18k is smaller than the LAA. I'll try to take a close up for you tomorrow.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:47 am

trollcat wrote:The 18k is smaller than the LAA. I'll try to take a close up for you tomorrow.

You're a doll... whenever you get a chance....thank you so much Smile
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:59 am

I had a look at my lucky knot (from an authorized dealer) and the 18K is indeed smaller than the LAA. The 18K is for beads sold in North America so it may have been added separately to their stock.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 am

trollmoll wrote:I had a look at my lucky knot (from an authorized dealer) and the 18K is indeed smaller than the LAA. The 18K is for beads sold in North America so it may have been added separately to their stock.

thank you trollmoll....that makes me feel better

trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugladydi Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:39 am

Trollgirly the stamp on my Lucky Lnot looks exactly like yours and I do mean exactly. I looked at the stamps on my gold Brew of the Moor, Spot, Royal and Wine Harvest and they all look exactly like yours. I think you are good!
Bugladydi
Bugladydi
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:45 am

Bugladydi wrote:Trollgirly the stamp on my Lucky Lnot looks exactly like yours and I do mean exactly. I looked at the stamps on my gold Brew of the Moor, Spot, Royal and Wine Harvest and they all look exactly like yours. I think you are good!

omg...thank you so much....i was so worried....

I wonder why my older gold beads all look different than these 3....gold lady bug was bought at a store in Rochester....gold heart at trollfest...and triangles was from BeadzandBags.....all those three look the same as eachother with 18k and LAA faint and both being same exact size...

Now these 3 are completely different than my old ones, but exactly same as one another....so bizzare!!!
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:33 am

Glad they look good, can't wait to get mine x
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

Have you checked the weight of your three beads?
(Mocha 2,98 g
Lucky Knot 2,8 g
Teddy bear 3,9 g)
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:06 am

750 LAA is stamped on gold beads that are bought in Europe

Prices are higher in Europe.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisae Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:42 am

I bought a heart with pink sapphires on ebay last year.It was stamped 18K LAA on it,I haven't seen these stamps before. All my gold beads stamped 750 LAA, quite anxious.Because the stamp of K18 and 750 means OK but some of 18K stands for fake in Japan. Sad

So I mailed about it TB HQ with picture.Reply was simple.
"According to the stamp,on the US market they have to put on 18K on the bead for selling" She Judged my bead was authentic.I didn't know the stamp was different depending on the countries. Embarassed If you are still worried,send the picture to HQ.
Hisae
Hisae
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Fleur wrote:Have you checked the weight of your three beads?
(Mocha 2,98 g
Lucky Knot 2,8 g
Teddy bear 3,9 g)

Do i need to buy a special scale to do that?
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Thank you so much everyone Smile
I think they are ok....they are nice and heavy, they don't feel light or hollow. They look real to me with all their perfect details in design....

It wasn't really as much the lack of 750....but the fact that 18k was way smaller than LAA, when in all my previous beads the 18k and LAA are the same size and the stamp is light, while these stamps are deep.

I would still love to see some of your stamps of same beads....only if yours are stamped with 18k...so i can compare
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Here you go:

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! Goldluckyknot-1
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 pm

I know you were worried, but wow! drooling! Drool
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 am

trollmoll wrote:Here you go:

Gold lucky knot, bear and mocha stamps...please help! Pics added! Goldluckyknot-1

thank you trollmoll....it looks exactly like mine...exactly...I also found pictures all over the internet with same beads and their USA stamps and all have identical stamps to mine....
YAY!!!
Now I can be properly happy Smile

trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 am

Pandabee(uk) wrote:I know you were worried, but wow! drooling! Drool

If you like what you see I can tell you which seller it is...he has more and his prices are incredible.
I paid about the price for just the bear, for all 3 gold beads Smile + silver earings and little princes.
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

I should say no thank you.....but looking doesn't cost anything? Very Happy
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am

Pandabee(uk) wrote:I should say no thank you.....but looking doesn't cost anything? Very Happy

Here is a thread Lecohen started regarding this seller Smile
http://www.beadthrilled.com/t7291-ebay-seller-mrsales011105

You can just contact him on e-bay and he will send you a list with what he has left...the list includes prices....
He answered all my questions and I had a milion...believe me...didn't get frastruated...he was prompt...shipping was fast and he charged me exactly what he paid.
I have to say that I would definitely buy from him again..
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:23 am

Thank you for information trollgirly.....this may get expensive! geek
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 am

Pandabee(uk) wrote:Thank you for information trollgirly.....this may get expensive! geek

I know....I'm so tempted to go back....how can you not? for instance.. lucky knot or mocha for less than $200?
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:32 am

I've found him on ebay.....argh affraid
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down