BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak peek photos - please read

+57
blong
HunnyBunny
tlafontaine
kimvw
Sware
Bsktbabe
Engel
Lavender
Seahorse
Dinmi
mermaidspurse
BethyCW
margiegoodwin
Hisae
niceday
busy bee
GRUMPY
rainyday
Blairkj
Kathleen
snowy
Megram
Wintertroll
LindaJo
Lollipop
Daisylove
MartyPhilpot
stacecase
TrollRose
Fuzzyfeet
madyznsmom
BeadThrilled
melissah
Michelle
Treeinwind
Monique26
soxfan
DblJJ
Chuck
naranja
charlibean
cyberfairy
sparrow
Fairy3
Rainbow
Bluesybeads
trolliholic
Brightonbelle
Wildthing
tonton
stephenie
Trolldog
Trollsister
trollmoll
kitsunegrl
snails
LoopyLou
61 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by Treeinwind Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 pm

I love the sneak peaks! Anyway to find out who the culprit is so that one person doesn't spoil the fun for everyone? I'd really miss them because they help me decide how much to leave in the bead budget.
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by soxfan Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

what ARE these Facebook groups, anyway? is it like a forum??
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

I enjoy the sneek peeks also. It will be sad to lose them for some ones actions who can not obey the rule.
If they can not be stopped or ban them may be it will be better if the post view level is high than it is now? It is only a idea and it will be sorry for the new and low post people not to share.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by melissah Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope the non senior members will continue to see the sneak seeks. I dont know who posted the pictures, but those people should be held accountable, not just the people like me that who dont have alot of posts yet. I love sneak peeks. Kitty
melissah
melissah
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:18 pm

I think it is a matter of common decency not to take pictures to repost them elsewhere. Whichever picture that is, member's pictures, sneak peek pictures and/or 'decoration'. The backgrounds/pictures/icons etc. you see here on this website have all been paid for when not available for (royalty)free. If there's material from other forums that shouldn't be here and perhaps got overlooked by the moderators/admins let us know and we'll remove it.

Back to the sneak peek pictures. Unlike many people think, I do not snitch the pictures from certain places. Every picture I use for the sneak peeks has been sent to me! As the full TB distribution chain is (also anonymous) present here on BT I'm well aware that at some point I might be asked to remove the sneak peek pictures by Trollbeads HQ which of course is no issue for me.

So before certain facebook group admins/members go bad mouthing again (against BT members/mods/admins) do ask yourself: would you be willing to take your responsibility for re-using the material or would you just cowardly point to me?

Anyway it brings back an issue I've considered many times now. Beadthrilled has grown enormously and personally I enjoy each and every (new) member checking in, enjoying this place and contributing. There are also a lot of visitors checking in for the sneak peeks only, which I'm happy to help them to with the helps of the many Sherlocks we have contributing. I'm sure you won't blame me for getting annoyed upon finding out that sneak peeks are taken (usually by hardly/non-contributing members) posted to facebook groups and when asking about it receiving (indirect, usually) abusive comments or messages back.

Beadthrilled is a community and sneak peeks have been to me a surprise, every time again, and a treat too. Therefor the next sneak peeks will be available to established members only, members who value the work our many diverse Sherlocks do in order to get us some juicy pre-views.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

i agree.

Will it be on the level of posts? For the people stealing the photo peeks are they thought as established members?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Not sure I understand your message, sorry for that!

Currently any registered visitor (0 posts) can view the sneak peeks, but next time only "established members by appointment" can see them. Admittance to that group is irrelevant of number of posts and arbitrary. We usually have a clear picture of members before being admitted to that group. But in the unfortunate case we may have overlooked someone you can always send us a message.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Thank You. I am not sure if I am established or not I will wait to see. I did not under stand what established means.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by madyznsmom Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

I am not sure if I an considered an established member. I love it hear on BT and I consider this forum the BEST forum for Trollbeads and beads of artisans and other brands. I love the warmth of this community and admin/mods. There is no other forum IMO that I can share any brand of beads with and enjoy the company of all the members of this group as much as I do here on BT.
madyznsmom
madyznsmom
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Im sorry this has been happening, I love the sneak peeks and would hate tloose them.
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

how do I become established, is there information you need from me?
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 pm

^Monique-just keep posting and enjoying the community. When you share you opinions, bracelet designs, recipes, etc...we all become friends and get an idea of who is here because of the love & joy for beads (and each other) and who is here just for ....scoops. LOL... sunny
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Hopefully, this will put this nasty problem to bed for good! Bang head Rant
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Kitsunegrl

I love your BatCat. Are you breeding them? If so, please may I put my name down on your kitten list. I promise I will be a good BatCatMother.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:20 pm

^sure thing! I'm gonna put you down for a trio because that would just be darling to have them flitting about your head. Mummy
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

I want one toooooooo !! Twisted Evil Please
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 pm

kitsunegrl wrote:^sure thing! I'm gonna put you down for a trio because that would just be darling to have them flitting about your head. Mummy

Boys (Igor, Boris and Vlad) or Girls (Valeria, Morticia and Erzsébet)?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Well, if they're on offer (smile) I want Boris!
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Spider was my Dearest BatCat. He used to lie across my neck and suck my throat. Sadly he unfurled his invisible wings one day and flew away.

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 Spider10
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 pm

AAWW look at him,he looks so cute BB Twisted Evil
So sad to hear he is gone....
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm

I love black cats. We used to have a couple when I was a kid.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 715426 I have so longed for using this sign Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 715426

Well, the topic was about sneak peak photos of beads, remember?

I do not know how many of you saw it, but a new member (now ex-member) had used some of her first posts to repost a photo of mine here on Beadthrilled. I had posted my original photo on another forum and in a thread here as well. I was both surprised and flattered but also offended and irritated but mostly confused. What was the motive to repost my photo? What should I do about it? Why would anyone infringe on my rights to my own photo? Well, I reported it of course, but the feeling of unease remains. And the question who to trust as well.

Some forums have a disclaimer that all members have to read and accept when entering. This disclaimer contains conduct, rights to written material and photos, etc. Maybe a similar page could be added for all new (and old) members to accept.

Just an idea!
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Bluesybeads wrote:Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 715426 I have so longed for using this sign Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 2 715426
Well, the topic was about sneak peak photos of beads, remember?

I do not know how many of you saw it, but a new member (now ex-member) had used some of her first posts to repost a photo of mine here on Beadthrilled. I had posted my original photo on another forum and in a thread here as well. I was both surprised and flattered but also offended and irritated but mostly confused. What was the motive to repost my photo? What should I do about it? Why would anyone infringe on my rights to my own photo? Well, I reported it of course, but the feeling of unease remains. And the question who to trust as well.

Some forums have a disclaimer that all members have to read and accept when entering. This disclaimer contains conduct, rights to written material and photos, etc. Maybe a similar page could be added for all new (and old) members to accept.

Just an idea!

That is very disturbing Bluesy. I would hate that to be done with one of my photos, although I do tend to go back and delete them after a month or so, making it more unlikely.

Don't we have a disclaimer? I thought we did but it is a while since I registered.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:That is very disturbing Bluesy. I would hate that to be done with one of my photos, although I do tend to go back and delete them after a month or so, making it more unlikely.

Don't we have a disclaimer? I thought we did but it is a while since I registered.

Indeed disturbing, but it just the same thing with the sneak-peek photos!

Maybe we do have a disclaimer, but maybe we should accept it every time we logged on - to remind us?!
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Bluesybeads wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:That is very disturbing Bluesy. I would hate that to be done with one of my photos, although I do tend to go back and delete them after a month or so, making it more unlikely.

Indeed disturbing, but it just the same thing with the sneak-peek photos!

Maybe we do have a disclaimer, but maybe we should accept it every time we logged on - to remind us?!

I don't think that would work. I would stop reading it and just click in the right part of the screen.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next