BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue shadow and glitter bee

+6
Wintertroll
Trollfee
Paixxx
kitsunegrl
Brightonbelle
jt56
10 posters

Go down

troll - Blue shadow and glitter bee Empty Blue shadow and glitter bee

Post by jt56 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

troll - Blue shadow and glitter bee P1020710[/img]

I made this bracelet to experiment with my new blue shadow bead and a Fossil charm I accidentally bought again (duh!). I have combined silver, grey, lilac and blue. They feel very restful.
I have used (clockwise) Trollbead kimono, artisan, Troll lucky dragon, Troll three pearls, Troll jugend, Troll lilac stripe, Silverado flowers, Fossil bee charm, Troll ball of yarn, Troll jasper, Silverado rabbit, Angel beads Australia amethyst, Kit Heath heritage celtic, Troll blue shadow, Troll tupiak.

Last edited by jt56 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

troll - Blue shadow and glitter bee Empty Re: Blue shadow and glitter bee

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 pm

The non-Trollbeads stand out as being far superior to me. I love the Fossil Bee and the Kit Heath Heritage Celtic - they are amazing.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 pm

It's a lovely bracelet. I like the colors you chose, it is quite restful!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

troll - Blue shadow and glitter bee Empty Non Troll beads

Post by jt56 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:The non-Trollbeads stand out as being far superior to me. I love the Fossil Bee and the Kit Heath Heritage Celtic - they are amazing.

Hello Brightonbelle. I do like many non-Trolls. I love the Kit Heath bead which brings a historical feel to a combination. It reminds me of things Celtic around the UK. The Fossil charm is so lovely in real life. It has glittery stones set in it. It was inexpensive as it is not silver - though it looks a sort of soft grey silver.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Paixxx Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 am

Love the Kit Heath celtic bead too - will have a look at his beads now.

Blue shadow is a super bead as well - they were half price at Steffans but they've all gone just as I'd made my mind up that I need one.

I've never used dangles/charms on my bracelets - are they comfortable to wear?
Paixxx
Paixxx
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfee Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 am

It´s a lovely bracelet.

Trollfee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Paixxx wrote:Love the Kit Heath celtic bead too - will have a look at his beads now.

Blue shadow is a super bead as well - they were half price at Steffans but they've all gone just as I'd made my mind up that I need one.

Hello Paixx. The Kit Heath Heritage range is quite old now. The bead I have on the bracelet is the only one I really like from that range. It is less substantial than it looks. It's hollow. I love the Kit Heath Beachcomber range. They don't fit on Troll bracelets though and I think they wouldn't go with the style. But worth a look just to see how lovely they are.

I got the blue shadow in the Steffans sale! I thought it would be pale blue from the photographs. But it is indeed a lovely shadowy blue . More useful than I thought it would be.

The dangling charm is no trouble at all. So worth experimenting. What is more troublesome is the baggyness of my bracelet. I have the fish lock and an 18cm bracelet. I need to reduce the circumference of it all as it droops annoyingly down on to my hand.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Paixxx wrote:Love the Kit Heath celtic bead too - will have a look at his beads now.

Hello Paixx. The Kit Heath Heritage range is quite old now. The bead I have on the bracelet is the only one I really like from that range. It is less substantial than it looks. It's hollow. I love the Kit Heath Beachcomber range. They don't fit on Troll bracelets though and I think they wouldn't go with the style. But worth a look just to see how lovely they are.

I got the blue shadow in the Steffans sale! I thought it would be pale blue from the photographs. But it is indeed a lovely shadowy blue . More useful than I thought it would be.

The dangling charm is no trouble at all. So worth experimenting. What is more troublesome is the baggyness of my bracelet. I have the fish lock and an 18cm bracelet. I need to reduce the circumference of it all as it droops annoyingly down on to my hand.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:35 pm

That is so pretty. I love the glitter bee!
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I reallly liked the bee, but the metal is base metal at $22 guess its not silver and i dont like mixing metals.. its gold or silver i would hate to wear a bead with metal in it. as I use a lot of magnets and that would create chaos for me. Shame really liked that bee.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

GRUMPY wrote:I reallly liked the bee, but the metal is base metal at $22 guess its not silver and i dont like mixing metals.. its gold or silver i would hate to wear a bead with metal in it. as I use a lot of magnets and that would create chaos for me. Shame really liked that bee.

I can understand where you are coming from Grumpy on the silver/gold issue. It is a shame it isn't available in silver. I assume you wear magnets for health ? I bought a knee support with magnets once when I damaged my knee.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

I like the combination of glasses that you used! But I was trying to resist the Contemporary Kit beads. Oh, drat.

I understand the appeal of the Fossil bee, but it would be too big a dangle for me. I very rarely use dangles at all, they tend to irritate my hand. Itchy!

Try a smaller lock if you have one, and/or add some more large beads to take up some of the slack in the length. Or switch to a shorter chain.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Kit Heath makes beads?! I have always liked Kit Heath and so excited to check out his beads.
I love the soft colors of your combo.

Here is a site that looks like still carries the Heritage line of beads
http://www.thejewelleryquarters.co.uk/index.php?cPath=3951_4715
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 pm

forgot to mention that I use vintage charms as dangles on my bracelets.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:27 pm

TrollBlossom wrote:forgot to mention that I use vintage charms as dangles on my bracelets.

Good idea Trollblossom. I would like to see photos of how you use them. Smile

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:39 pm

LindaJo wrote:I like the combination of glasses that you used! But I was trying to resist the Contemporary Kit beads. Oh, drat.

I understand the appeal of the Fossil bee, but it would be too big a dangle for me. I very rarely use dangles at all, they tend to irritate my hand. Itchy!

Try a smaller lock if you have one, and/or add some more large beads to take up some of the slack in the length. Or switch to a shorter chain.

Thanks for the suggestions re the baggy bracelet LindaJo. I am using the fish lock which I realise is longer than others.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 pm

TrollBlossom wrote:Kit Heath makes beads?! I have always liked Kit Heath and so excited to check out his beads.
I love the soft colors of your combo.

Here is a site that looks like still carries the Heritage line of beads
http://www.thejewelleryquarters.co.uk/index.php?cPath=3951_4715

Hello Trollblossom - take a look at the Kit Heath beachcomber range:

http://www.kitheath.com/beachcomber/icat/beachcomber/

I have a necklace with three beads. I will post a picture if you'd like to see it. I specially like these because they remind me of sea and beaches. I grew up in Devon near the sea and my father moved to Cornwall in the last years of his life.

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:09 pm

jt , no i use magnets for fixing material into place it would be horrendous if something metal suddenly sticks to it.. it could ruin my embroidery... the magnets are strong enough to wipe a computer disk, ruin a computer screen take 2 magnets and your finger will be seriously bruised or at speed broken..so a bit of metal no thank you... if my silver isnot silver... i would be the first to know!

Last edited by GRUMPY on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Megram Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:18 pm

There's a Kit Heath Sale at the mo .. haven't searched site yet but this is the link :-

http://www.thejewelleryquarters.co.uk/?gclid=CLvXy46s5K0CFe4htAodnygqgA

Megram
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down