BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any news on the re-release of retireds?

+11
purpletibet
Fuzzyfeet
Michelle
Brightonbelle
LindaJo
troll2011
MaRia
niceday
Kathleen
jlfritz
agatha
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

any news on the re-release of retireds? - Page 2 Empty Re: any news on the re-release of retireds?

Post by agatha Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:30 am

niceday wrote:Its all about trust for me and if trollbeads re-released retireds it would mean you could never trust them again, then where would we all be Neutral

but they never promised anything, did they? Wink they didn't even know retired beads would go for OTT prices on ebay and such. that was all us Embarassed
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

any news on the re-release of retireds? - Page 2 Empty Re: any news on the re-release of retireds?

Post by niceday Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Well the word Retired means Withdrawn from society not to be made again. So yes I think they have made a promise!! not to make that bead again , and to be really fair to people Trollbeads should mean what they say Very Happy

They could make so many beautiful new beads Very Happy they dont need to remake old ones, they should just be left in the past and move on. Laughing
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm sure TB is looking at the fantastic prices the retireds are selling for and wondering how to shift the attention and bead money to their current line. However, it wouldn't make sense for them to bring back beads that did not sell well in the first place. Sure, there would be some sales among the hardcore, but would it be worth the production and distribution expenses? Not to mention that they may not be "must-haves" anymore when widely available and the deluge of angry mail from collectors who paid much more.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 pm

agatha wrote:I know what you mean about the allure of dome retireds. The exact bluish lilac color of the lavender buds has that for me. But i would love more of them though! It smtimes comes across as if some people don't want others to have what they have, least of all for a lot less. Like they themselves are being done wrong. To those i say: ha! The last laugh is not yours. And being an owner of retireds that have cost me a lot i feel i can say this Razz

I, too, have paid a pretty penny for one or two (or three Wink ) retireds and can understand the collector´s point of view to a certain degree. But I do agree more with Agatha in that it would be so fantastic for some of the old ones to return because I just love them not their „retired“-status. But that is just me and I hope I do not offend anybody. I collected Beanie Babies *blushing* back in the day and when I de-cluttered my life it was pitiful what I got for selling off even the still collectible-ones, so from a sort of an „investment“-point of view I know all the pain of collecting and the market collapsing. Since then I have not collected for the sake of collection, anymore, but only for pleasure. And to be honest, my pleasure would by far outweigh my doubts regarding TB´s policies should they re-release the Old Earth glass bead (so full of symbolism with the lava and the beautiful colours). But, again, that is just my opinion, please do not be offended I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Of course no one is offended Laughing its just different opinions, and that good that we can all say what we feel. I would not want any one to be upset. Its just
nice that we can all talk about it.
And I do love a good talk LOL Laughing

Last edited by niceday on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:24 pm

posted twice . guess I must be talking to much. LOL Very Happy

Last edited by niceday on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:27 pm

niceday wrote: And I do love a good talk LOL Laughing

LOL - Thanks, me, too sunny
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:57 pm

niceday wrote:Well the word Retired means Withdrawn from society not to be made again. So yes I think they have made a promise!! not to make that bead again , and to be really fair to people Trollbeads should mean what they say Very Happy

They could make so many beautiful new beads Very Happy they dont need to remake old ones, they should just be left in the past and move on. Laughing

actually... i don't even think trollbeads came up with the term retired. they don't use that term for the beads that have been taken out of the collection and are now in the museum. again... all market/us Twisted Evil
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2