BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner!

+27
mermaidspurse
Michelle
Jan
Beadgirl
retiredk9racer
trollcat
Trollingalong
Librarylil
suzieq
Rainbow
Pandabee(uk)
Joolz
Hisae
BeadThrilled
wiggy
freya
kionee
Lollipop
TrollBlossom
Tatiana
harmony
stephenie
LindaJo
Bluesybeads
snowy
Trolldog
naranja
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by naranja Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Let me first say thank you all for sending in your entries for the image puzzle! Both reading through your entries and the thread comments has made me laugh a lot Very Happy!

Here you will find the first set of stats I will share with you:

- In the past week I have received 31 entries from 20 individual members (so 11 members entered twice).

- The least number of correct answers was 4, the highest.... 8! affraid

- Not fewer than 4 members guessed all 8 beads correctly! Shocked cheers
(4 correct: 3; 5 correct: 2; 6 correct: 7; 7 correct: 4; 8 correct: 4)

- And to add to the tension: all four of our fabulous 'correct guessers' sent in two entries.

Tonight I will be posting the 8 correct answers and the funniest incorrect answers. I will also be drawing a winner! Watch this space! Laughing bounce

Last edited by naranja on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed title :)!)
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Re: Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by naranja Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:50 pm

I should add: I posted yesterday I would share all this info this morning but I don't have access of my own computer at the moment so I will have to keep you all waiting a little longer! Embarassed
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Empty Re: Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner!

Post by Trolldog Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 pm

naranja wrote:I should add: I posted yesterday I would share all this info this morning but I don't have access of my own computer at the moment so I will have to keep you all waiting a little longer! Embarassed

This is some kind of tactic.....right????? Make us stay glued to the screen all morning and then drop the bomb on us that it's going to be night?????

All kidding aside, this has been great fun Naranja. I love research, so this is one I have especially enjoyed! You did a great job on the "clues", and I can't wait to see what the answers are!! Thank you for a fun and entertaining challenge!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Can´t wait to see the funniest incorrect answers - might have added some myself Laughing
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:51 pm

snowy wrote:Can´t wait to see the funniest incorrect answers - might have added some myself Laughing

I'm sure I had quite a few myself Snowy!! It's going to be fun to find out though!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Oh when is it evening then? Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 132901

Naranja, you certainly know how to add to the tension Laughing
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey! I finally get back home and online, the first thing I do is log into BT to see the answers. And they're not here!
scratch scratch No confused Cool Neener Puzzled

I know I'm not the winner, but I'm so darned curious about the answers! Very Happy bounce bounce

Last edited by LindaJo on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more emoticons!)
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by naranja Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:51 am

Okay ladies, sorry to keep you waiting for so long! Here are your 8 correct answers. I have put them in order of how many of you guessed them correctly, starting with the one that most of you got!

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Origamic
1. Origami - 20/20
No, unfortunately there's no Yoda bead in the Trollbeads collection, but we can hope! (TB HQ, may the force be with you! We also need a lightsaber bead!)

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Plaitc
2. Plait - 19/20
Incorrect answer: braid bead (not far off!)
This is not rapunzel's braid. Laughing Nor did I capture Cousin It braiding his hair just before bed.

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Lakeeyec
3. Lake Eye - 19/20

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Endlessc
4. Endless - 18/20

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Framesc
5. Frames - 18/20

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Lotusc
6. Lotus - 15/20
Incorrect answers: red symmetry, red prism, red stribe, beetle
Apparently a HotRod bead exists, but nobody has ever seen it Suspect

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Aquariusc
7. Aquarius - 8/20
Incorrect answers: orange up (Dutch leg of WT), lighthouse (loved this one), orange steel, power chakra (this would definitely be a good name for a sports drink Laughing).

My hint on December 24 referred to this bead as none of you had gotten it correct to that point.

"Hidden in here is something that is one of twelve" referred to one of twelve zodiac signs. I encouraged you to do more research since simply looking up 'sports drink' on Wikipedia gives you an article which lists 'Aquarius' as an example.

"None of you has been able to understand my reference
Though most seem to have a peculiar preference
For a certain colour country bead."

referred to the fact that most of you thought the drink represented the orange up bead from the Dutch WT set.

My absolute favourite incorrect answer was 'Peter' with the following reasoning: "Because it's lemon and lime and has bubbles, also is one of the 12 apostles." Very clever, yet not the set of 12 I was hinting at! Very Happy

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Harmonyc
8. Harmony - 7/20
Incorrect answers: symbols, china (lots of you answered china!), wisdom

Our four fabulous guessers who got all 8 are (in no particular order):

1. freya!

2. snowy!

3. Joolz!

4. Lollipop!

Because Lollipop indicated she played solely for the fun and requested not to be in the draw, she was not included. Smile

With my BF as my witness, I used random.org to choose our winner, which is:
Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Randomwinner-1

1. FREYA! Very Happy

Could all fabulous guessers please email me their address? I will be sending freya the stroopwafel prize, but I've decided to send the other three a small token since this is the first image puzzle posted!

----
Edit 08-01-2012
Edited to add sources:

1. Aquarius
Bottle
Logo
Bead

2. Endless
Sign
Bead

3. Frames
(From left ro right.)
Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Bead

4. Harmony
Sign in puzzle
Sign for clarification
Bead

5. Lake Eye
Lake
Eye
Bead

6. Lotus
Car
Bead

7. Origami
Yoda
Bead

8. Plait
Plait
Bead

Last edited by naranja on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 am

Congrats to the winners! Hurray I had fun trying to guess the answers too, even though I didn't enter. I was able to correctly guess only 4. It was definitely a challenging puzzle! I was so hung up on Yoda that I can't believe I didn't realize he was an example of origami!! Embarassed
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:17 am

Even though I didn't enter I had lots fun with this challenge. Try as I may I just couldn't figure out #8 the drink stumped me completely but I am proud of myself as I did guess the other 7. Thank you Naranja.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 am

Congratulations to Freya - well done Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 79826

Well done to Snowy, Joolz and Lollipop too cheers

I am very disappointed with myself for JUST guessing five correct ones Crying or Very sad I knew that I would not get the car right, but I put red stripe, as that is what one sees on the road, namely a red stripe passing by Laughing

I would never ever have guessed the orange soda to be a sports drink - to me sports drinks are green. Orange soda is mostly a grandma drink here. Aquarius was out of the question for me, and the only orange bead I could think of was Orange steel.

Harmony - what a surprise Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 597711

In my first submission I wrote blue China because of the blue background behind the symbol.

Then I took the hint as to referring to my guess "a certain colour country bead" and to amend to a bead "one of twelve" - naturally I came up with a zodiac sign and a good one, I thought, namely refering to blue and something Japanese, i.e. Pieces, Koi fish swimming in blue water. Laughing

This was fun - what a great and for me impossible challenge Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 597711

Last edited by Bluesybeads on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:40 am

OMG! Shocked Those "Frames" and "Lotus" killed me! Bang head I would not have ever seen Embarassed, although the game ends in 2015! No ....And I want not mentioning my "power chakra"! Embarassed but I can explain that! Puzzled Suspect

Look at this:
Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Powerrq
Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Power1g
tongue
We had a lot of fun! Thank you Naranja for the game! Good luck Rose Hug

Last edited by Tatiana on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding picture)
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:42 am

And OF COURSE! Freya! CONGRATULATIONS! You are a winner! Hurray Sorry
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:54 am

I am so proud of the 4 members who guessed all of the answers correctly.
I'll be honest...I was stumped after guessing origami.
This was a lot of fun and naranja did a great job!
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:13 am

This was a great, mind-bending puzzle! Congrats to the four of you who got them all.

I never did get Aquarius---never heard of that drink.

And I thought the poem referred to the error of color & country as applied to thinking the (blue) China bead for the kanji image. Harmony would fit 1 of 12 if you're thinking music, the 12 harmonic scales. [Of which I have no understanding at all.]

thanks, naranja, this was fun.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:36 am

Congratulations Freya and also the other correct guessers!!! I completely missed frames....I guessed for #8 = Big Earth...due to the background pic...LOL That's a funny one....I looked at those darn frames around the pics and all I could think of is how odd the pink one looks. It never dawned on me that "Frames" was one of the beads....

Quite a fun challenge and congratulations again to Freya!!!

Thank you again Naranja for a fun event!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:40 am

Congratulations Freya!!!! Hurray And well done to Snowy and Joolz for getting all 8 correct too!!! Hurray

naranja wrote: Could all fabulous guessers please email me their address? I will be sending freya the stroopwafel prize, but I've decided to send the other three a small token since this is the first image puzzle posted!
Thank you so much, this is really kind of you Embarassed Very Happy I am quite excited! bounce

I have never heard of a drink called Aquarius!!! That orange drink bottle really had me confused until your clue Puzzled But then I thought that 1 in 12 referred to star signs, so I thought if any of them were to do with drinks - liquid - water, and then thought it must be the water carrier - Aquarius, and when I thought further I realised that a drink bottle is a water carrier... I wonder if that is where the manufacturer got the name from?!

This was so clever and such a great game, thank you for all the effort you have put into it Hug
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 am

Trolldog wrote: I completely missed frames....I guessed for #8 = Big Earth...due to the background pic...LOL

Me too!!!!! LOL!!! lol!
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:01 am

Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Jumping2 Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Jumping2 Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Jumping2

Congratulations Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Mx1 Freya, Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Mx1 Lollipop, Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Mx1 Snowy and Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! Mx1 Joolz for getting all 8 correct answers
I didn't participate, I think I would have come far, but I never would have guessed the Frames! Great competition Naranja!!

kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:02 am

Bluesybeads wrote:
In my first submission I wrote blue China because of the blue background behind the symbol.

Then I took the hint as to referring to my guess "a certain colour country bead" and to amend to a bead "one of twelve" - naturally I came up with a zodiac sign and a good one, I thought, namely refering to blue and something Japanese, i.e. Pieces, Koi fish swimming in blue water. Laughing

I had blue China as well in my first attempt but took the hint about the certain country color bead for this and reconsidered. I must admit that I had help to find the correct answers ! I was pretty sure that Naranja´s " 1 to 12" was referring to the Zodiac beads and was still googling when Unicorn1976 found the Aquarius and told me about Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 285629

Congratulations to FREYA Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 342240 Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 342240 Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 342240

And a BIG Thank You to Naranja for this wonderful puzzle competition Image puzzle 1 - Stats, answers and winner! 955995
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by freya Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:09 am

First "Thank You" Naranja!! It was a great puzzle!

I was stumped for quite a while on Aquarius - my first thought for that was lighthouse but I like the answer Peter very much, I had thought of the twelve apostles but didn't think of peter the bead and as soon as I'd realised my lighthouse was a bottle I was there!

And congratulations to Snowy, Joolz and Lollipop, I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

I'm very excited to have won the draw and am looking forward to the stroopwafel prize - I wish I could share it with you all.

freya
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://kathrynsknitting.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:38 am

Well done Freya Very Happy and the other three winners.....
Great competition Naranja thank you for running it Cool
wiggy
wiggy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:08 am

Congratulations Freya, Snowy, Joolz and Lollipop! Hurray

Thank you Naranja Smack for this mind boggling puzzle! Puzzled

BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisae Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Congratulations Freya!! Well done Snowy,Jools,Lollipop!! cheers

I completely overlooked 'frames' even though stuck with 和 in a 'frame' Embarassed Only figured out 'Origami'' endless''Lake eye bead' Bang head

Thank you for organizing such a fun puzzle for us Naranja Love flower
Hisae
Hisae
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 am

Thank you so much for doing this excellent puzzle Naranja, it was such fun.... I can't tell you how many times I looked through my Troll catalogue looking to see what might match up with your pictures Laughing The car had me confused at first and my first guess was red symmetry, but then TOP GEAR the TV programme sprung to mind Laughing I also first chose China for the kanji and orange steel for the bottle of drink. Then you added your clues so scratch I looked through my kanji dictionary till I found the answer for the kanji. I realised that the "1 of 12" must refer to a zodiac sign and aquarius is the water carrier..... To be honest I'm quite surprised I got them all correct Shocked I shall go and reward myself with a stroopwaffle (my local M&S sells them) and a cuppa THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A FUN GAME Very Happy

Congratulations To Freya Jump Hurray Hurray Snowy and Lollipop Jump bounce

Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next