BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

+113
tcschumaker
Trollfan
jotroll84
zuzu's petals
maddybrown1
bijouxbabz
flowertroll
Tanjaatje
Louey
Jules
Paixxx
silver
Beadmama
Trollette
Guv
lecohen
romayne
casarobi
beadiack
laurenp
TrollBlossom
Kensington
purpletibet
trollala
smschoenauer
Pond
Michelle
joycehofland
ragdoll.andy
Elsie
trollgirly
trollmoll
Anita
trolliholic
snails
trolladdict
Treeinwind
harmony
ceruleanbluebird
mdellanno
plumbun
Bluesybeads
Chuck
MollyMcD
goody4paws
Tee
lobby
mermaidspurse
Trolls
Blairkj
Silmaril
Nkara
chocoholic
Pandabee(uk)
eeyore
frysefrou
twinklebeads
Artemis
Brightonbelle
trollbeadslady
Chewbacca
SnorkMaiden
Joolz
TrollRose
bibi
Daisylove
Amanda Mac (Dot)
trollfinder
hildejanbroers
retiredk9racer
Molamola
lyric_girl
rainyday
Fuzzyfeet
GRUMPY
Trollseeker
Wintertroll
Fairy3
kionee
BeeBeeshummer
Beadgirl
pandapharm
liana
lisa
LindaJo
annateresa
dutchmilkmaid
Caroline
naranja
Monkey
GinGer
trollcat
Lucky Dragon
Babsbeads
Fleur
Fay
margiegoodwin
elencar
snowy
nanny4two
Smaug
Catsworld
Juniper
Fera
neonfiller
Szilvia
soxfan
Hisae
TrollFantasy
Kathleen
Rainbow
kitsunegrl
BeadThrilled
117 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 5 Empty Re: Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

Post by snails Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:40 am

charles.arrington wrote:Am I the only one not interested in these.. Embarassed

I think there are a few.

I want to seem them IRL before deciding.

Editing to say Thanks for the Sneak peak!
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 5 Empty Re: Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

Post by Treeinwind Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:16 am

Tee wrote:
Treeinwind wrote:OMG, I just got the complete set of Chinese Silvers, I had to do that, my daughter is half Chinese. have been to China and plan on going back again and again. Are these new or rereleased beads, and where can I get them? Must at least have a Dog, me and a Dragon, husband, and a Rooster for my daughter, a Horse for ex-husband... I guess I just better just get the whole set. What can I sell, time to list all the crap I have collected for years onto ebay for something that takes up less room. I think I can come out even....hope so or I can forget the dragon for the husband, he will divorce me!

Well look at the positive side, your next husband might have a different zodiac and you can get that bead also Razz

Tee! Really! If I only had the energy, I better stick with the Dragon I have! He is a good Dragon. We are the most incompatible by the way, in terms of the Chinese Zodiak, my most compatible should be a horse who I married the first time! But just think, ten more husbands and I could have a bead for each one! My ex married a Rat who should not get along either, but they do! The four of us actually all get along really well which is strange in itself I guess.
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:02 am

Catsworld wrote:but I don't like being a DOG....what can I do now? Very Happy
oh no cats! you don't like the look of the dog on the bead? or is it the idea of being a dog? i'm a dog too and think it has a great meaning:

"This is the honest, friendly and sincere sign of the zodiac. People born under the Dog always seem to be ready for action and this quality brings respect from others around them. They can be brave and courageous and rarely withdraw from a commitment or betray a confidence. Their inner power and physical vigour makes them good people to have on a team. They are very loyal and reliable and in relationships settle with someone who supports them. They are devoted to the welfare of others and are often wonderful listeners. They can be very faithful to their partners and to others around them..."
http://www.astrologycom.com/chinesezodiac.html
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 am

LindaJo wrote:Cerulean, I'm just glad you're a Wood Tiger, not a Tiger Woods.

Hahaha good 1 Laughing
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 am

Treeinwind wrote:
Tee wrote:
Treeinwind wrote:OMG, I just got the complete set of Chinese Silvers, I had to do that, my daughter is half Chinese. have been to China and plan on going back again and again. Are these new or rereleased beads, and where can I get them? Must at least have a Dog, me and a Dragon, husband, and a Rooster for my daughter, a Horse for ex-husband... I guess I just better just get the whole set. What can I sell, time to list all the crap I have collected for years onto ebay for something that takes up less room. I think I can come out even....hope so or I can forget the dragon for the husband, he will divorce me!

Well look at the positive side, your next husband might have a different zodiac and you can get that bead also Razz

Tee! Really! If I only had the energy, I better stick with the Dragon I have! He is a good Dragon. We are the most incompatible by the way, in terms of the Chinese Zodiak, my most compatible should be a horse who I married the first time! But just think, ten more husbands and I could have a bead for each one! My ex married a Rat who should not get along either, but they do! The four of us actually all get along really well which is strange in itself I guess.

Haha, how strange! My first was a horse....definitely not compatible, at all!! My second (like yours) is a Dragon and we get on very well (I am a Monkey). My children are Ox, Dog and Dragon. Mmmmm, that's not good, two Dragons....does that mean I only get four beads instead of five! Not fair No

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 am

trolladdict wrote:I haven't read all 7 pages of replies so someone may have already said this. The other chinese beads were $35 when they came out and these are now $52. I might get one and I am glad I already have enough beads, because this is getting too expensive. And then the Hong Kong beads are coming next. Anyone should be able to get their fill of Chinese beads.

I wonder whether these are heavy silver beads like the last set or if Trollbeads has made them hollow and lightweight like the other recent releases? I certainly don't want to pay the high price if they have.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 am

naranja wrote:
mermaidspurse wrote:Horse will thus be a harder worker, a more cunning individual, more independent, more gifted .

I choose to focus on this part of the description of the fire horse Very Happy! Hug Also, don't you have that beautiful Odin pendant by Eske Storm where he is riding his seven legged horse Sleipnir?

Seven? I always counted 8 leggs Very Happy Very Happy
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 am

Silmaril wrote:... As MMP says, it is considered the WORST birth year in the 60 year zodiac cycle (for girls, that is). We are supposed to be pretty much unmarriageable due to our headstrong ways!
Well, that probably explains why I'm happily married for almost 22 years now Razz !

Silmaril wrote:@MMP, it's a 60 year cycle because the 12 aminals and the 5 elements cycle, so the fire-Horse conjunction is only every 60 years.
But isn't it the same time span inbetween for all other elements too? So i.e. 'Wood Horse' also every 60 years? Rolling Eyes

@ Naranja (and just because to mention ESKE again Drool ):
No, I don't have the Sleipnir pendant, but the small drum with the gods and Sleipnir on them, so yes, you're a bit right, I already have a horse Wink !
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am

@MMP, yes each of the 60 element/animal combinations is of course equally rare, ours is just the worst, luckily our DHs did not know that!
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 am

TrollRose wrote:A bit confused about the "info" i was reading from BT concerning the signs.
I think i am a Rooster ?? ( born in 69,now you all know Wink )
and the month is June 30....does that make me a Horse too ??

Could anyone help me with this please ?? scratch flower
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 am

TrollRose wrote:
TrollRose wrote:A bit confused about the "info" i was reading from BT concerning the signs.
I think i am a Rooster ?? ( born in 69,now you all know Wink )
and the month is June 30....does that make me a Horse too ??

Could anyone help me with this please ?? scratch flower

TrollRose, you are a combination according to the calculation tabel for the Chinese Zodiac signs. If I enter your birthyear, date and the month, it answers that you are a Rooster/Phoenix
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks Daisylove ! I typed in Chinese Astrology Calculator and entered the date,but it says Rooster only. How do you come up with Phoenix ??
Thanks for helping Very Happy
Just want to see which one(s) i need to buy Razz
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

TrollRose wrote:Thanks Daisylove ! I typed in Chinese Astrology Calculator and entered the date,but it says Rooster only. How do you come up with Phoenix ??

I just googled calculating Chinese dierenriemtekens berekenen and got this site as one of the hits.

http://www.gerardlenting.nl/chinese_astrologie/chinese_astrologie.html

I tried another site as well, but there it says only Rooster, and that you are an Earth sign...... so I'm not sure which site has got it right..... : confused
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchmilkmaid Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Daisylove wrote:
TrollRose wrote:Thanks Daisylove ! I typed in Chinese Astrology Calculator and entered the date,but it says Rooster only. How do you come up with Phoenix ??

I just googled calculating Chinese dierenriemtekens berekenen and got this site as one of the hits.

http://www.gerardlenting.nl/chinese_astrologie/chinese_astrologie.html

I tried another site as well, but there it says only Rooster, and that you are an Earth sign...... so I'm not sure which site has got it right..... : confused

Well the site certainly didn't get the music right... It even woke up my dog! And it says I'm an ox, I always thought I was a rat. More research needed!
dutchmilkmaid
dutchmilkmaid
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

MMP and Silmaril, you can find much nicer descriptions of fire horses on the inet:

Personality HORSES

Occupying
the 7th position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Horse symbolizes such
character traits as strength, energy, and an outgoing nature. Extremely
animated, Horses thrive when they’re the center of attention. Always in
search of a good time, Horses keep the crowds happy with their humor and
their wit.
Horses are extremely intelligent so they’re able to
grasp new subjects with ease. They’re also capable of multi-tasking
however they don’t always finish what they start because they’re forever
chasing the next opportunity. Horses are honest, friendly and
open-minded. They’re perhaps a bit too centered on themselves and have
been known to throw tantrums when situations don’t go their way.
Fire Horses – Years 1906 and 1966

The fire is always burning
inside Fire Horses. They love living on the edge and are always ready
for change as change always is more interesting. They are incredibly
opinionated and one place you’ll never find Fire Horses is standing on
the fence.

Very Happy Very Happy
Most of my fire horse friends are happily married too !
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm

No you not the only one,i pass also on these
I had the chinese silvers(2 times Embarassed );never wear them and sold them
To heavy (busy)and not a nice feeling to wear
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Good point was made here, the quality of the chinese zodiac beads I hope they will be equal quality to the chinese silvers as if they are not I shall only get 2.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by trolliholic Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 pm

No you're not alone! I'm also not interested in these!
trolliholic
trolliholic
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:57 pm

trolliholic wrote:

Me neither.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by naranja Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Daisylove wrote:Seven? I always counted 8 leggs Very Happy Very Happy

You're absolutely right DL! Embarassed It has to be 8 legs instead of 7.

rainyday, *dramatic sigh* do you have to make everything about Eske?
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:13 pm

I think I would love these! hope to be able to see them IRL first the chinese silvers that were out before were very hard to come by
and I hope they will be sold separately!
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollseeker Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 pm

I can not wait ... this is so exciting bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Trollseeker
Trollseeker
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Like most cultural lore, it is hard to take the characterizations seriously, although it is fun to contemplate how the prognostications square with personal reality. I will be getting a couple to represent my immediate family because of my heritage and how imbedded this lore is for me. Otherwise, I would try to see the beads in real life and decide, like with most other beads. As for not fitting the proscribed characterizations of the zodiac, we are Trollbead and artisan bead collectors after all. We don't go for ordinary mainstream jewelry and collect what pleases us!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm

trolliholic wrote:

I am not interested either. They already have a Zodiac and retired one set recently. What is with the duplicates anymore? Question
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:01 pm

The Chinese Zodiac is not the same as the traditional zodiac at all.

For myself, I have always loved the astrological lore and mysticism of fate, so these are very interesting to me.
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next