BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful?

+30
Rainbow
niceday
Silmaril
kionee
BethyCW
Bowerbird
casarobi
trollmoll
BeadBarmey
bubbagump
trollbelle
Pond
ceruleanbluebird
nanatrollie
lecohen
snowy
Tinka
lindakm
Molamola
Fairy3
Wildthing
Treeinwind
beadiack
Wintertroll
MollyMcD
neonfiller
Nancy
soxfan
kitsunegrl
Bluesybeads
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prisms - Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful? - Page 2 Empty Re: Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful?

Post by trollbelle Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 am

I Love prisms!! I have four: lime, light blue, purple, and green. I wouldn't be able to make a bracelet up without putting at least one prism on it.
trollbelle
trollbelle
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Prisms - Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful? - Page 2 Empty Re: Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful?

Post by bubbagump Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:06 am

I love trollbeads prism beads. Linda C. your bracelet is stunning!
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadBarmey Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 pm

I have only just discovered the delights of prism's. My DH hates them. Even my two Old Pink Prism's. He says they look like cheap plastic! But I don't wear my bracelet for other people. I wear it because I love it!
BeadBarmey
BeadBarmey
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 pm

It seems to me the opaque ones like Denim (I don't have a Pink Prism so I wouldn't know about that) don't flash and magnify the light like the transparent ones do. It'd possible they could look more similar to plastic. Still, if they're right for some combination then that's what you want! Who cares what someone else thinks about one bead out of a whole combination?

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:34 pm

I think the prisms are the hardest-wearing of all the troll glass.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:25 pm

They have never seemed cheap (possibly because they aren't!) or flashy to me. I have a few non-Troll prisms that are cheaper and flashier. I love them because they bring a lightness and sparkle to a combo, highlighting the other glass beads and keeping a design from being too pattern-busy.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:05 pm

I really love the prisms. There really wonderfull.
The thought that they look like plastic never crossed my mind.
Because in my mind the don't look like plastic or cheap at all!
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowerbird Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:39 pm

I have nine divine prisms to date.

I agree with neonfiller that the blockier cut is great;

like mola and lindakm, prisms appear on nearly every bracelet I put together;

and like wildthing and snowy, when I get the rare ignorant comment from those poor souls who know no better, I just smile quietly to myself and love my beautiful bracelet all the more.
Bowerbird
Bowerbird
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by BethyCW Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

I like prisms but I just can't find any that are quite right. I've bought and traded 3 or 4 turquoise prisms as the colours haven't been quite what I've wanted so I've given up on them for now. Sad
BethyCW
BethyCW
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 am

I love prisms Love Love

Prisms - Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful? - Page 2 2011-AllPrisms
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:35 am

Drool, I love your bracelet Kionee! I didn't love the prisms at first, but I do now and always include at least one. I found them too sparkly at first, certainly not plasticky . I buy my own beads, DH doesn't mind, I guess he's more bemused than anything.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Lovely prisms Kionee, love the clear one on the end, I have never seen one like that before
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:43 pm

love prisms!!! love kionees!!!!
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogotroll Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:53 pm

I love prisms, just need to get the last few then i'll have all of them. I first thought they were too flashy for me but then I grew to love the. I use them a lot, with other beads or all prism bracelets.

I love your prism rainbow Kionee I love you
Rogotroll
Rogotroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

niceday wrote:Lovely prisms Kionee, love the clear one on the end, I have never seen one like that before

That's the only non-trollbeads one. It's a swarowski crystal. Someone from a german forum helped me getting it and drilled a big enough hole in it for me Love
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by suzieq Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:45 pm

I love prisms too, especially the green ones, always think they look great on either side of bigger beads like the daisy for example, and at the end of a bracelet. Lovely bracelet, Kionee!

suzieq
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:44 pm

my new obsession is the gray prism. hope to get a few soon.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:45 pm

and of course, this all green (or yellow, not technically sure what the exact color that they are?) anniversary prism..

Prisms - Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful? - Page 2 IMG_50202
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:33 pm

I love prisms too and the 2 colour ones are great.

Is that a lime prism Soxfan?
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Beadgirl wrote:I love prisms too and the 2 colour ones are great.

Is that a lime prism Soxfan?

no, anniversary prism. Here it is next to 2 others:

Prisms - Prisms - cheap looking or just wonderful? - Page 2 IMG_5018
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Tinka wrote:
I'm afraid the feminist in me takes massive umbrage to to idea that any jewelry I wear is a reflection of my other half's wealth or desire to spend on me, it makes my brain bleed a little, sorry.

Agree
some hubby's just don't get it Fool .....replace them

Anyway: I love prisms no matter what they look like. To me they look like prisms.

lololololololol feminist is good, but for goodness sake a gift is out of kindness of their heart don't turn it away.. there is a great deal of pride in a man when he offers the woman( caretaker of his heart ) a gift ..
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2