BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o

+11
Sware
Kira
Tee
Treeinwind
trollmoll
Trollsister
soxfan
Catsworld
Nancy
LindaJo
beadiack
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o Empty Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 pm

I try to be "Nice" but this TB kiosk is right out in the middle of the mall every time I go in there to do some Christmas shopping, you see.

This is the most recent damage I've done.

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o 6438497077_0dea679e7f
Mini Bracelet by lautrerainey, on Flickr

I'm not even sure I'll wear it. It's not colors that are very typical for me or go with anything in my closet. It's all symmetrical when I am as irregular as it gets. And, I don't even have a chain left to put it on -- I just can't make myself take the ones I like apart. But at least if you do leave a lump of coal in my stocking I've got the present part covered myself. cheers It's that Girl Scout training on being self-reliant. cheers cheers cheers

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o Empty Re: Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o

Post by LindaJo Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 am

If you really prefer asymmetry, as do I, you can always send me a few of those beads. Just enough to make it a bit off-kilter.

selflessly yours, Linda Jo
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o Empty Re: Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 am

LindaJo wrote:If you really prefer asymmetry, as do I, you can always send me a few of those beads. Just enough to make it a bit off-kilter.

selflessly yours, Linda Jo

I love it! You made me laugh out loud. Razz

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 am

Those Viking knots are my favorite silver. Did you really get them locally? I sent all the way to
Denmark for my one and only. Love your beads!
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

not your fault beadiack, you have been tempted ....beautiful beads... sunny Love
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 am

affraid affraid affraid are you serious? Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 am

what the heck are the beads next to chai bud?
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 am

soxfan wrote:what the heck are the beads next to chai bud?

I was wondering that too:)

What a haul Beadiac, congratulations on getting so many gorgeous beads!
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:26 am

Nancy wrote:Those Viking knots are my favorite silver. Did you really get them locally? I sent all the way to Denmark for my one and only. Love your beads!
Yes. My local corporate store is one of the outlets for that shower of newly discovered "retired" beads. Can you imagine the temptation?!

I have wanted VK since I first saw one and fully accepted that I'd never have one because I wasn't willing to pay a premium to get one. Then there was a cubby full in one of those trays. How could I resist? ...not that they were cheap! That's definitely part of the "naughty" bit.

I got 2 last week and this morning I went back and took the 2 they had left.

soxfan wrote:what the heck are the beads next to chai bud?
Those are the Swarovski elements I've been using as spacers. That particular pair are clear crystal triangles.

I like that they have huge holes and so they move around on the chains. And they break the rule of being the same size and shape as the glass.

If you're not familiar with them you can see what's available here. Lots of bead retailers carry some sizes/shapes/colors including Michael's in the US and Canada if there's one near you. Best bet I've found, tho, is the online bead sellers. They have a broad range of styles and colors.

Thanks, guys. ...or should I be upset that you're enabling? scratch Since I'm being so naughty I might tell Santa on you. Razz

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 am

Bead Santa himself will give you Tupilaks, Amber and WT beads next time... I am still shellshocked at what I have read! lol! Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 am

soxfan wrote: affraid affraid affraid are you serious? Laughing

Looks like you have company, Soxfan!

That is a collection worth being naughty for! The Viking knots are splendid, the pearls are always elegant and chai bud and silver mountain are versatile. Tell Santa that Trader Joe's has yummy coals for your stocking (dark chocolate covered peppermint bits).
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:21 am

I think you need one more viking knot.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:51 am

trollmoll wrote:That is a collection worth being naughty for! The Viking knots are splendid, the pearls are always elegant and chai bud and silver mountain are versatile. Tell Santa that Trader Joe's has yummy coals for your stocking (dark chocolate covered peppermint bits).
Those pearls are absolute crap that I got at Michael's (do you know that US/Canadian crafts chain?). Six "pearls" for about $3. I'm a whore; I'll use anything that fits the bill.

Ironically, the TJ holiday Fearless Flyer just came in this afternoon's mail. But, shhhhh, don't encourage Santa by letting him know about the coal. silent

soxfan wrote:I think you need one more viking knot.
You know, I wanted to get 3 more -- odd numbers always seem so much more graceful than even numbers for some inexplicable reason -- but that was all they had left.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 am

Well that was worth going on a naughty list for! First time I have ever seen the viking knots, could you post a bigger picture of them for a close up, pretty please?
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 am

Here it is on the Anniversary Bracelet and, lower on the page, in detail by itself.

Here's a detail of the same photo above.
Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o 6440034821_4c1a3c85de
Mini Bracelet by lautrerainey, on Flickr

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 am

Mmmmmmmm..........bewtiful! cyclops cyclops

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:32 am

Beatuyful Beads...can you please make a picture from the Swarovski Beads Only....??

I have never seen before...
Kira
Kira
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Here's the best I can do. Unfortunately they present a real challenge to someone like me without skills to control all the directions light flies with these crystals. But here's a sample of the color and shape possibilities. The clear triangle is what I used with the VKs and Silver Mountains.

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o 6442484547_856ed4669b
DSCN0125 by lautrerainey, on Flickr

The bails on the pendants are cheap craft store things.

Here are a round and a square used as spacers on a bracelet. You can see the size relative to TBs and the size of the hole which explains why they have so much movement on a chain.

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o 6306557868_d8671ac3cf
Swarovski 14mm circle as a spacer by lautrerainey, on Flickr

Oh Santa, put me on the Naughty List =o 6307041873_249ea98a6c
Square Swarovski spacer by lautrerainey, on Flickr

They can also be used as dangles from hoop earrings and knotted onto a simple necklace as a drop.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:01 am

Thank you for the picture.....
Kira
Kira
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sware Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

I am not able to take bracelets apart either. That combination is amazing! All of those Viking knots!
Sware
Sware
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by jlfritz Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:29 am

BEAUTIFUL!!!! That cigar box is going to be full QUICK!!!!n
jlfritz
jlfritz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 am

OOOHHH love those Vikings !!
Congrats with your beads Beadiack Very Happy
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by hildejanbroers Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 am

amazing!!!! Right up my alley this kind of combinations. I love the viking knot! Don't own it yet, but it's definately on my wishlist.
hildejanbroers
hildejanbroers
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 am

jlfritz wrote:BEAUTIFUL!!!! That cigar box is going to be full QUICK!!!!n

Wink

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 am

TrollRose wrote:OOOHHH love those Vikings !!
Congrats with your beads Beadiack Very Happy
hildejanbroers wrote:amazing!!!! Right up my alley this kind of combinations. I love the viking knot! Don't own it yet, but it's definately on my wishlist.

Thanks, guys. I am already having Happy Tollydays. Wink

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next