BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads U.S. Names New CEO

+5
trollmoll
trollglass
rainyday
LindaJo
BeadThrilled
9 posters

Go down

Trollbeads U.S. Names New CEO Empty Trollbeads U.S. Names New CEO

Post by BeadThrilled Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 am

Trollbeads USA is moving fast forward by appointing a new CEO.
Read the article on JCK Online
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads U.S. Names New CEO Empty Re: Trollbeads U.S. Names New CEO

Post by LindaJo Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:34 am

So they are firmly sticking with the 'luxury' category.

That means they will continue shifting toward jewelry stores and away from specialty boutiques. I do not like that. The gift shops and specialty stores tend to have better service and more knowledgeable staff.
In jewelry stores, Trollbeads becomes just another brand of jewelry.

But they didn't ask my opinion! Rolling Eyes
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:09 am

This new CEO sounds expensive. I'm sure there will be a price increase soon in order to pay for his salary.

Laughing
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trollglass Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

LindaJo wrote:So they are firmly sticking with the 'luxury' category.

That means they will continue shifting toward jewelry stores and away from specialty boutiques. I do not like that. The gift shops and specialty stores tend to have better service and more knowledgeable staff.
In jewelry stores, Trollbeads becomes just another brand of jewelry.

But they didn't ask my opinion! Rolling Eyes
Yes - I would prefer to buy from my gift shop proprietor who knows Troll, employs people who know Troll and gets just as enthused about new releases. Unfortunately she is so upset about how Troll have treated their Australian distributor and combined with falling sales she is not restocking so it looks as if I will have to form a new relationship with a jewellery store or travel far and wide. Crying or Very sad
trollglass
trollglass
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 pm

rainyday wrote:This new CEO sounds expensive. I'm sure there will be a price increase soon in order to pay for his salary.

Laughing

No doubt! If TB keeps moving in the direction of "luxury", there may be many collectors who will cut back on their collecting. It is hard to see TBs in the same category as high end precious gems or crystal for that matter. I wonder if there is even much of an overlap between TB collectors and those who go for the diamond tennis bracelets and such. Having bought from jewelers who carried TBs and independent gift shops, I felt a greater sense of welcome and shared understanding at the latter. To be honest, I sometimes felt at the "cheap" end of the service spectrum at the former, which hardly encourages frequent visits and buying.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Troll moll, you're right and I never thought of it that way. My closest LD is a jewelry store and the owner, whose a guy, always makes me feel funny somehow if I only buy one bead or do not spend much, whereas another dealer not that much further away, but is mainly a gift shop, is much more welcoming and goes out of her way to help you choose the right bead, even if it's only one.

I always thought that it was a guy thing, that he's not too interested in the beads personally, but I think it's a money thing too considering what else he sells in his store.
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:28 pm

I recently went into a jewelry store to purchase a affraid Pandora bracelet for a niece. While I am not a novice at jewelry stores, it was interesting how unenthusiastic the sells person was. At the time my thought was, "Boy, I'm glad Trolls are not usually sold in jewelry stores." I will be sorely disappointed if Trollbeads goes in the direction that Pandora went.
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by busy bee Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 pm

They are now selling in John Lewis which is a very good quality department store in the UK ( not sure if this is online only ) and advertising in glossy womans Grazia magazine- they apparently have been spending a lot on the advertising. This is what Pandora did and made them succesful but now look at what has happened. Pandora is now offering a lot of specials _ Troll are not doing anything for their new customers let alone their loyal ones.... Evil or Very Mad

busy bee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 pm

LindaJo wrote: ...That means they will continue shifting toward jewelry stores and away from specialty boutiques. I do not like that. ... Trollbeads becomes just another brand of jewelry...
Agree Agree
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down