Limited Edition 35th Anniversary Peacock Bracelet

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Limited Edition 35th Anniversary Peacock Bracelet

Post by retiredk9racer on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 pm

@bead-aholic wrote:And you know what else I notice? There is no number bead so it must just be an unlimited quantity available......nothing special there.

Very good point! Even though I have only been collecting for just over a year, I have the components to make 2 of these 35th Anniversary Bracelets, so it really isn't anything special. I have to admit to feeling a bit relieved that they haven't come out with something unrealistic, like a $1500 bracelet in such limited quantities that there is a feeding frenzy over it, but there must be a happy medium, even if it were a specially engraved bead with the something like "TB 35th" and a number on it, that could be ordered by collectors direct from TB or through their LD with clear limits on quantities to prevent those that order large quantities purely for resale from taking advantage of it.

Last edited by retiredk9racer on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "or through their LD")
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

A new peacock lock would have been outstanding!
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by charlibean on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Rather uninspiring. I don't think that they have put much thought into this - apart from the sound of the cash coming in Razz

I'm another who has the pearl and lock. I might have considered it if they had priced it better but I won't be buying this time.

charlibean
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:54 pm

@Fuzzyfeet wrote:
Silly question, but anyone whos been wanting a peacock pearl why not buy one ? there are lots still about.

They may be available on the web, but I've never seen a peacock pearl in a store. And maybe 2 Mexico locks. Okay, I'm only talking the last six months, but I wouldn't call it "lots still about".

But, boy, a peacock lock would have been wonderful!
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 pm

Hmmmm well I only need a peacock pearl and I'm there. Not what I would have expected for the 35th anniversary, ahh well more for other beads!
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by flowertroll on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Ok, I'm almost a little bit relieved this edition won't be a must have for me - something like a whole new anniversary bracelet would have been VERY tempting...
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by waterlily on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 pm

@Tinka wrote:That's a bracelet I can make right now, nothing new....
Laughing yeah, I think a lot of us can say that.
I'm not impressed. Sad
waterlily
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 am

@kitsunegrl wrote:A new peacock lock would have been outstanding!

Now THAT I would have bought Cool
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

35th What?

Post by tchristianson on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 am

After the fantastic anniversary bracelet that they did, I was expecting better. I would consider this a "beginners bracelet" not a special treat for devoted TB fans. Ban

tchristianson
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 am

I am a bit disappointed but it is probably just as well as I can't really afford £600+ for a full anniversary bracelet. I would have liked something we could collect and add to for the whole year or a necklace to mark the 35th but they obviously don't see it as important. I'd better get saving for the 40th!
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 am

It is a bit low key, but then a 35th anniversary isn't exactly a biggie! We expressed the opinion that a release to mark the occasion would be nice, it seems they may have listened. If they released a full bracelet there would have been moans about the cost and so they release a simple bracelet and there are still moans about the cost. If I was TB I would be banging my head off the wall!!!

The Peacock Pearl and Mexico lock are a pretty combination, OK most of the avid trollies will have all the components or know where to get them but it is a nice starter bracelet. With all the World Tour releases do we really need a major 35th Anniversary bracelet?

A local dealer did let me get a look at the list of retired beads that are still available from Fable, Mexico Lock and Peacock Pearl weren't on the list, maybe they have been stockpiling them for this release??
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm

I'd love a Peacock Pearl but I think I'll just try and track a couple of those down as I already have a few bracelets and a Mexico lock. I have to admit I'm quite pleased in a way they aren't releasing a stunning 35th anniversary bracelet because I think the temptation would be too much and the bead bank is at an all time low!!
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by KJanish on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Well at least I get to save some funds Laughing
KJanish
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 pm

The peacock pearl has proved to be hard to find in my area; even have my LD searching but so far nothing. Wonder if the new one will have a trollsized hole, or will it be universal?
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll Boi on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 pm

@Mouseoncheese wrote:If they released a full bracelet there would have been moans about the cost and so they release a simple bracelet and there are still moans about the cost. If I was TB I would be banging my head off the wall!!!
Laughing So true!!! If I find something I love I don't worry about the $$$ Very Happy
Troll Boi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

shame they didn't choose some designs that were in the top 100 of People's Bead, and making those beads for the 35th Anniversary.
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 am

I wish that they would have made some effort for the 35th anniversary. One special a.k.a. new bead. Just ONE bead!
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 am

heathermcd4657 wrote:I wish that they would have made some effort for the 35th anniversary. One special a.k.a. new bead. Just ONE bead!
Agree
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbieh1245 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 am

Well... as many have already said... Ican make this one right now... I wouder what their thoughts were behind this creation.. ???? What does it represent ????

bobbieh1245
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm

They could have re released the Pearl Lock but with a Peacock Pearl instead. Traditionally, 35th Anniversaries are marked by Coral. Something Coral coloured might have been nice.
I agree with what has been said, I can't afford a full bracelet but 1 bead or a small set of beads to celebrate might have been a nicer way to go.
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm

I am surprised that I have the components of this bracelet. A couple of pages back, it was mentioned that this puts a new meaning to limited edition and retired as there is renewed availability. I don't have the background for all this so I'm having trouble understanding what's going on. Are these going to be available only to individual retailers who are attending the show or to everybody?
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 pm

@bijouxbabz wrote:
I am surprised that I have the components of this bracelet. A couple of pages back, it was mentioned that this puts a new meaning to limited edition and retired as there is renewed availability. I don't have the background for all this so I'm having trouble understanding what's going on. Are these going to be available only to individual retailers who are attending the show or to everybody?

It sounds like you will only be able to buy from the retailers who go to the show (or maybe equivalent shows in other countries). This is what happened with the Limited Gemstones in the UK.
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 pm

means ?????
a not very exclusive bracelet that is available only to retailers attending the show Rolling Eyes
do they think retailers are travelling that far to get it?

Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

The bracelet will retail at £127 here in the Uk but if you buy a lock at £51, bracelet at £34 and a peacock pearl at £40 which are still available that comes to £125 so it works out slightly cheaper buying them seperately Rolling Eyes
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Is the lock going to have a slightly different colour glass bit in it or anything? Is the pearl going to be a mildly different colour?
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum