New bracelet to be released...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New bracelet to be released...

Post by Trollsister on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Nobody seems upset to me...just voicing our thoughts Very Happy

And TB has certainly been trending toward shinier designs with more bling over the past couple of years, just look at their product line...diamond beads, diamond flower beads, brighter silver beads, etc...and I think the earring line is marketed to the younger demographic as well. Shiny new bracelet or no, the trend is there. It will be interesting to see where they go next Very Happy
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by madyznsmom on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:15 pm

I am a young collector and I am not keen on shine. I fell in love with Trollbeads because of their unique designs and more realistic silvers. I do not like the production/fun look of the other brands. I don't think trollbeads is trying to attract more younger collectors, I just think they are really trying to compete with the other most popular brands.

IMHO, Trollbeads need to advertise more on their products. I only have 1 LD in my area and they are just a silver dealer. There are 4 LD for the other brands, so as you can tell I am very limited to where I can shop without having to take a roadtrip or battle hours of being stuck on traffic. A lot of my friends all have P bracelets and have never heard of Trollbeads until they say my bracelet and quite honestly, don't really seem interested. They all like the "cutesy" while I like "great quality".

Last edited by madyznsmom on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled words :))
madyznsmom
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Babsbeads wrote:Wow, this rumor is not even true and everyone is getting upset Not all there

It could be true, as my LD told me months ago that they had been told that TB were thinking about trialing some shiny beads. My LD was expecting to be part of this, although I have heard nothing since (I must remember to ask next time I am there!).

I live in the UK the same as Cyberfairy, so perhaps the USA is not involved? Pandora are HUGE in the UK, and my LD told my they outsell TB by on average 10 to 1, so it would make it a good place for some market research, if indeed they are aiming to attract new customers to TB...
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Trollbeads is working on a new marketing program that is being rolled out. Part of the complaint against Lund Trading was the lack of marketing and market share.

We do 1/4 page color ads weekly in my area.

They are getting there, but they are behind.
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:45 pm

neonfiller wrote:Interesting... I really don't like shiny, but I would buy the chain if it kept my gold from darkening.
btw...is there a safe way to clean gold at home?

I only use a special soft special cloth to clean my golden beads. Works fine for me, but make sure before you start polishing that the cloth doesn't contain any liquid or anything that comes off when the cloth is being rubbed over the gold.
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugladydi on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 am

neonfiller wrote:Interesting... I really don't like shiny, but I would buy the chain if it kept my gold from darkening.
btw...is there a safe way to clean gold at home?

I did not realize that the gold beads will darken from the chain! I too would like to know if they can be cleaned?
Bugladydi
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugladydi on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 am

PS. Good thing I bought a gold bracelet yesterday! Very Happy
Bugladydi
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Soumds exactly like my thoughts and situation!

Post by blong on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:10 pm

madyznsmom wrote:I am a young collector and I am not keen on shine. I fell in love with Trollbeads because of their unique designs and more realistic silvers. I do not like the production/fun look of the other brands. I don't think trollbeads is trying to attract more younger collectors, I just think they are really trying to compete with the other most popular brands.

IMHO, Trollbeads need to advertise more on their products. I only have 1 LD in my area and they are just a silver dealer. There are 4 LD for the other brands, so as you can tell I am very limited to where I can shop without having to take a roadtrip or battle hours of being stuck on traffic. A lot of my friends all have P bracelets and have never heard of Trollbeads until they say my bracelet and quite honestly, don't really seem interested. They all like the "cutesy" while I like "great quality".

I couldn't agree more! Lots of Pandora and Chamilia retailers in my area...really dislike their style...shiny, blingy, cutesy.. I only have one TB retailer in my area. The only other two in my state are 3 to 4 hours away! When people see my TB bracelet I get the "what is that, Pandora?" Then when I say, no, it's Trollbead, They comment with "Oh, never heard of it" Lots of sheep in my area that only want want is considered to be the current "instyle" thing. Fortunately, my LD has almost a complete selection and will even order or put you on list when new stock arrives. Also, even though they are as new to TB as I am, they are more than willing to take the extra time to help and learn with you. I spent about 45 min. just having the poor store associate help me choose the right length leather bracelet after changing my mind between that and a second silver one. My LD has had a by a lock get a bracelet free promotion since they starting selling in May. They were very helpful with the problem of my silver bracelet becoming to small to add more beads. I bought a new fish lock which is a bit longer than my small flower lock and put the small flower lock on the leather bracelet I got free! I really like the dark trollishness of the collection, would hate to see it become just like all the others out there.

blong
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Bugladydi wrote:PS. Good thing I bought a gold bracelet yesterday! Very Happy

True, but silver cores will darken your chain as well, so best invest in a gold polishing cloth too. flower
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum