What are You Wearing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are You Wearing?

Post by Beady-Eyed on Sat May 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Another show your photos topic:  what are you wearing these days?  I always love it when Bluesy (& others?) starts this thread.

I just got a Giant Lotus & love it on a bracelet:


This bracelet has a couple of new acquisitions:

Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : western U.S.

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Mini Gnome on Sat May 28, 2016 9:12 pm

My favorite silvers & ambers are the order for the day for me! Good thread topic!

Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Mini Gnome on Sat May 28, 2016 10:16 pm

PS- Beady eye your bracelets are very pretty!!

Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Trollperle on Sun May 29, 2016 10:07 am

Super pretty bracelets and a wonderful thread Smile

This one I have been wearing most the last two weeks - it looks lovely with all earthy colours and I love it for official dates and for my free time. I wear the bracelet on one arm, the bangle on the other, but they look so lovely together Smile



The leather is a new addition (I had some leather play yesterday Wink ), I will wear it together witht the bangle.



Another creation from yesterday, I played with it a bit and then wore it the whole day, except the fairy that one I took of later because it was a bit too heavy for all-day-use, but I love the look of them together



The bracelet I have had and worn for a few weeks now, the leather is another one from yesterday Smile



And this is one of my absolute favourites at the moment - Sushi
We will be going to Sushi Brunch later today with friends and this is what I will be wearing Smile


Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Posts : 5686
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Trollperle on Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 am

And freshly made and am wearing this one now: Happy Sunday Smile


Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Posts : 5686
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by strike on Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Beautiful bracelets Smile

This is one bracelet that I have been wearing recently. It's based on a Japanese movie series, Mothra, that we watch with our kids (Mothra is an off-shoot of the Godzilla franchise). I love the colours, and the I'm excited about how the Mothra bead turned out Smile.


strike
Troll Guru

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Trollperle on Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?

Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Posts : 5686
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by strike on Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 pm

@Trollperle wrote:Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?

I really love it - it's one that I made from silver clay Smile And then I added the opal eyes after it was done. I couldn't find a brand-name bead that represented Mothra closely enough.

strike
Troll Guru

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) on Mon May 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Mothra is wonderful!

And I love seeing everyone else's combos! Very Happy

Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

Posts : 2135
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : UK

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Loeca on Mon May 30, 2016 2:52 pm

I love your bracelets :-D
Trollperle, your sushi bracelet is really fun. My daughter is a japanese fan, because her best friend is from this country. She would love your sushi/bento beads. I'll show her this evening ! I have to keep that in mind if she wants a bracelet when she'll be older ;-)

Loeca
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Posts : 117
Join date : 2015-05-09
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Trollperle on Mon May 30, 2016 5:24 pm

@strike wrote:
@Trollperle wrote:Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?


I really love it - it's one that I made from silver clay Smile And then I added the opal eyes after it was done. I couldn't find a brand-name bead that represented Mothra closely enough.

That is awesome! Smile You really are very talented! I often look at my lovely christmas bead and cannot wait for it to come out to play, again I love you

Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Posts : 5686
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Trollperle on Mon May 30, 2016 5:26 pm

@Loeca wrote:I love your bracelets :-D
Trollperle, your sushi bracelet is really fun. My daughter is a japanese fan, because her best friend is from this country. She would love your sushi/bento beads. I'll show her this evening ! I have to keep that in mind if she wants a bracelet when she'll be older ;-)

Smile And then maybe also Strike´s mothra would be wonderful - we need to create a market here, so that she may go into production with them I love you

Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Posts : 5686
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by strike on Tue May 31, 2016 2:55 am

@Trollperle wrote:
@strike wrote:

@Trollperle wrote:Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?



I really love it - it's one that I made from silver clay Smile And then I added the opal eyes after it was done. I couldn't find a brand-name bead that represented Mothra closely enough.


That is awesome! Smile You really are very talented! I often look at my lovely christmas bead and cannot wait for it to come out to play, again I love you

Thank you - I am really having fun with the metal clay. I've even been playing with copper clay lately (although it is nothing like silver clay so it's a whole new learning curve!)

I am so glad that you like your Christmas bead Hug

strike
Troll Guru

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Jules on Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 am

All great sunny

Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1232
Join date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Mayaa on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:30 am

Beautiful bracelets everyone cheers

Not on topic, but Strike, your silverclay creations are pretty! I also liked your home made christmas bead from the christmas swap. Do you have any tips on working with the silver clay? I made some beads myself, but I find the silverclay a bit hard to work with.

Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-11-26
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by strike on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:40 pm

@Mayaa wrote:
Not on topic, but Strike, your silverclay creations are pretty! I also liked your home made christmas bead from the christmas swap. Do you have any tips on working with the silver clay? I made some beads myself, but I find the silverclay a bit hard to work with.

Thank you Mayaa Smile

I'm not sure that I have too many tips but I've found that it helps me to work with smaller pieces even if I will eventually turn it into a bigger piece. I almost always start with a ring now and let that dry so that I have a solid base to work with. For example, the Mothra bead started as a small ring (5mm thick around, and the width of what I wanted the bead to be) and then when it was dry I added onto it to make the body thicker and to add the head and tail. Then when that was dry I added the wings (which were actually four pieces, two for each side). Then the nose and feet. And I did have to file the wings a bit to get the end shape. By working in stages I can also break off pieces if they don't dry properly. I think I broke one wing off two or three times to get it at the right angle. Laughing But I know that has helped me so I don't have to worry about squishing one part while working another part.


strike
Troll Guru

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Mayaa on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Thank you Strike :-D

Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-11-26
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum