BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Autumn Copper Bangle

+3
stacecase
Trollperle
bubbagump
7 posters

Go down

bangle - Happy Autumn Copper Bangle  Empty Happy Autumn Copper Bangle

Post by bubbagump Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm loving my Happy Autumn Copper Bangle.  My bangle had tarnished so badly (even though I placed it in an air-tight tarnish free bag), that I did not wear it during the spring or over the summer.  It tarnished very quickly after purchasing it along with the stoppers.  I was reluctant to clean my bangle, especially the stoppers, even though Trollbeads gives several cleaning instructions and tips on their website and Trollperle also gave me great cleaning instructions and tips.  I first tried to wash the bangle with warm soapy water, dried it, and then used a soft polishing cloth, but that did not work.  So I decided to try gently rubbing it with a bit of vinegar and salt.  And it worked!  It was like an amazing science project.  Now it sparkles like new.  I have to admit that the purple color that was part of the tarnish was very pretty.  But I do like it clean and looking like copper best of all.  This is not the best picture, but it's been dark, cold, and rainy here so inside photos are the best I can do right now.  The glass beads have just enough purple sparkle in them, if caught in the right light, to coordinate well with the amethyst.  They are from Tangled Sky Glass by Jamie Lynne (dreamscapeglass) on Etsy.  I love them.  She fittingly named them Autumn Blaze.  
bangle - Happy Autumn Copper Bangle  Dsc01510

Last edited by bubbagump on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 am; edited 4 times in total
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

bangle - Happy Autumn Copper Bangle  Empty Re: Happy Autumn Copper Bangle

Post by Trollperle Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Your bracelet is gorgeous I love you I, too, love the copper bangle. And when it tarnishes too much for my liking I use a piece of lemon (I usually wait until DH cooks something with lemon and then take the left over lemon for this), put salt on the lemon piece and then rub the bracelet, stoppers and the copper bead, wash them under water und then gently dry them. And you are right, it is like a science project to see the sparkle re-emerge Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Your bangle combination is so pretty!

I'm glad you mentioned it about the cleaning. I've been wondering as well. Mine has turned very dark and I cleaned it previously with ketchup (only the bangle, not the stoppers) which works very well, but I'm not keen to do that with the stoppers or the copper bead. I was worried about the vinegar, salt or lemon juice weakening the rubber, but I guess if you just focus on rubbing the copper part with it and rinsing the rest off immediately afterwards, it should be OK. I have to do something, I've not worn mine since it turned so dark, but I just love it.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Very pretty! The purple goes so well with the copper. Smile
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 am

I will try the lemon and salt method of cleaning, I have been using tomato ketchup but it is a bit sticky and I don't like the smell.
The Autumn Blaze beads are very pretty and perfect with the copper.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:05 am

Right now, I am kind of digging my really tarnished bangle and stoppers. Some day, I will polish it, but not today!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:41 am

What a lovely bangle combo Very Happy

I was surprised, how easy the tarnished copper can be cleaned with just a few drops of lemon juice and a tiny bit of salt.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down