BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going GREEN!

+5
kyhalfpt
Beady-Eyed
Catsworld
minty
plumbun
9 posters

Go down

Going GREEN! Empty Going GREEN!

Post by plumbun Sun May 03, 2015 10:01 pm

WOULD LOVE to do a 30-day design challenge buuuuut 1) am "afraid" to take some bracelets apart, figuring i'll just put them back together and 2) what if i miss a day ... or 20! maybe it isn't too late to try, but in the meantime, here's some GREEN play w/ available beads...

Going GREEN! 17357911711_dd8e333ab9_c

had to hurry b/c a caterpillar was literally inching my way  affraid

Going GREEN! 17170699920_3ebca4b2fd_c

(from loop: kitten, dichroic ice, milky quartz, turquoise dot, cactus, lt. blue braid, green prism, st bernard, silver mountain, sweet christmas bead, lab, forget me not w/bud, blue desert, deep bubbles, romulus and remus, turquoise dot, chai bud, green flower mosaic.)
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Going GREEN! Empty Re: Going GREEN!

Post by minty Sun May 03, 2015 10:07 pm

So pretty and there is the beautiful lab again. Drool Would love to wear this bracelet.
You're afraid of caterpillars? But they are sooo cute... or do you have some dangerous poisonous ones? pale
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun May 03, 2015 10:11 pm

gorgeous dear Plumbun, sunny and I really love to see that older green flower pendant used, I got it too and never use it, now I might have a reason for doing so, it looks so lovely!
Well, I could not do a 30day challenge, never ever...at the moment I am hardly doing new combos but just try to pimp old ones a bit. Keep them coming, I'd love to see them! sunny Very Happy cat
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun May 03, 2015 10:14 pm

minty wrote:So pretty and there is the beautiful lab again. Drool Would love to wear this bracelet.
You're afraid of caterpillars? But they are sooo cute... or do you have some dangerous poisonous ones? pale

i don't know...probably quite harmless...the one today had huge visible claw like feet! couldn't even bear to take a picture tho he was almost almost cute in a funny fuzzy....eee heebie geebies thinking about it...when i was little they got all over my school bad and i didn't know until too late...since then i have been like Shocked Shocked
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun May 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Catsworld wrote:gorgeous dear Plumbun, sunny and I really love to see that older green flower pendant used, I got it too and never use it, now I might have a reason for doing so, it looks so lovely!
Well, I could not do a 30day challenge, never ever...at the moment I am hardly doing new combos but just try to pimp old ones a bit. Keep them coming, I'd love to see them! sunny Very Happy cat

pimp, haha why cats you made me blush...too funny... you know i don't use that pendant a lot either but sometimes like it on a simple necklace...has to be the right shirt tho
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun May 03, 2015 10:18 pm

we got tons of maybugs, my cats are going wild when they see them outside on the balcony, ever so difficult to get in or out without them entering, my cats would make the biggest mess in 2 seconds...

I love maybugs in chocolate form though... Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sun May 03, 2015 10:20 pm

What is a 30 day design challenge?   Embarassed   You wear a different bracelet every day for 30 days?  Shocked
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun May 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Beady-Eyed wrote:What is a 30 day design challenge?   Embarassed     You wear a different bracelet every day for 30 days?  Shocked

oh on a blog tartooful...she does this every year...hope its okay to post Embarassed here's her 2103 year

https://tartooful.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/trollbeads-30-day-challenge/

you photograph your bracelets then take apart and arrange by color and make one per day and you have to take it apart after that day and put the beads back...

here's this year

https://tartooful.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/30-days-30-designs-tartooful-design-challenge-2015/

some folks send her their photos and she puts them on FB...think a UK store has done it before too...

she makes some LOVELY combos
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun May 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Love your ur green combo!

I don't keep many combos together. I keep most of my beads in trays arranged by color and keep photos of combos I like so tat I can put them back together quickly.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sun May 03, 2015 11:51 pm

plumbun wrote:
Beady-Eyed wrote:What is a 30 day design challenge?   Embarassed     You wear a different bracelet every day for 30 days?  Shocked

oh on a blog tartooful...she does this every year...hope its okay to post Embarassed here's her 2103 year

https://tartooful.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/trollbeads-30-day-challenge/

you photograph your bracelets then take apart and arrange by color and make one per day and you have to take it apart after that day and put the beads back...

here's this year

https://tartooful.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/30-days-30-designs-tartooful-design-challenge-2015/

some folks send her their photos and she puts them on FB...think a UK store has done it before too...

she makes some LOVELY combos

Thank you, Plumbun, this is so interesting!
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Mon May 04, 2015 2:08 am

I've always wanted to do the 30 day challenge, but there are days where it's challenging enough to get myself and my kids out the door on time that I don't think I could handle another challenge Laughing

I really like your greens and blues Smile
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Mon May 04, 2015 8:40 am

Plumbum,  Thanks for posting the link to the Tartooful blog.  She has some really pretty bracelets.  I am not up for the 30 day challenge involving taking my bracelets apart.   Some days I can barely get myself put together and out the door.  Was it last year that we had a challenge of taking the same bracelet and changing just six beads?  That was enough work for me.

Your green bracelet is beautiful.  You can't go wrong with green.  I love the fact that TB makes such a wide range of greens.  We could have a "green" bracelet challenge.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

Oh the challenge sounds great...come on Plum, you can do it!!!! Maybe we could change it to 15 days challenge and organise something here...
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Tue May 05, 2015 5:54 am

ha! maybe a 2-day challenge, or just a color like Gail said, lol i'm pooped!! xx
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue May 05, 2015 6:30 pm

I can totally understand why the caterpillar would walk all its 1000 feet your way - your bracelet is so beautiful, it probably wished to take a bite Smile I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down