BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :)

+15
strike
Arineso
bubbagump
Mayaa
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Gail201
cottinghamgirl
gabi
Fleur
reltan
Enaktra
Freki
minty
Catsworld
Trollperle
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :)

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Wow, Minty, your Dad really has a green thumb Smile  And I just read that they can get up to 40 meters hight those Ginkgos! They might need a full cup of water sometime, though Wink I really love how nature always finds a way (surely the Ginkgo lured your dad to feed it, hopefully long before midnight (were not Gremlins also originally from China ? Wink ))

The little ducklings are so adorable, Enaktra! I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :)

Post by minty Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Hihi, maybe it will only grow half size with half a cup of water. Laughing

Ohhh those ducklings are so adorable... they look so fluffy, makes me want to cuddle them at once. I love you
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Dear Trollperle

Thank you so much for this challenge and your kindness in running it!

This is my Nature Awakens entry, which relates to a very special day I spent recently with my brother in Cornwall in late March - it was his 50th birthday, and we visited a beautiful village in Cornwall called Blisland (it was bliss) for a pub lunch. The sun was shining and hot, and it really felt a very special day. When we walked around the country churchyard, it was carpeted with spring flowers:

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Flowers_zps8kex59lo

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Spring_zpsxkr28wog

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Church_zpsjyfmfgwn
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:11 am

What a lovely place, dear Amanda! I can feel the bliss and would love to visit, too Love
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Such nice 'feelgood foto's'. The baby chicks are the cutest. And I REALLY like the oil painting, would love to hang that on my wall Smile

Trollperle you are very talented with your crochet things. I tried crocheting (is that a word?) once but I found it super difficult. Got so frustrated that I never tried it again.
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Thank you Mayaa Smile My crocheties are not perfect, I still battle with a streight line for the end of the rows, but then handcrafts in my book need not be perfect Smile It might be good to learn with a person. Afterwards books are fine, though there are some with mistakes in them and that is super frustrating, so I pick them now reading reviews very carefully and I prefer the narrative ones over those with "crochet sign language" i.e. A gazillion of different kinds of tiny litte lines or dots that are supposed to tell me what to do when... I love that I can finish the little designs in one afternoon or two or three evenings of an hour here or there Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:28 pm

I love coming back here, seeing your beautiful pics and read the stories behind.
Thank you all for sharing Hug
It makes spring even more cheerful.

Minty, especially like your Gingko story. What a brave "little" plant.
My MIL has a bonsai specimen in her garden for a long time (must be at least 20 years): it get careful watering, fertilizing and all her gardening knowledge. Nevertheless it's hardly larger than your's and we keep counting the leaves every year   Laughing
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 am

This is a beautiful Post/Thread. I love reading all the new additions. I am still trying to find a Jack In The Pulpit in the woods, and if I find one during one of my nature walks by May 2nd, I'll post a picture and officially join in the fun. I try and find a Jack In The Pulpit in the woods every spring in remembrance of my parents.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:42 am

Birdies at work, busy collecting some stuffing for the nest Very Happy

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 21637176mr

Our bunnies are changing their fur for spring. While the brown one is doing it pretty discreet, when you touch or brush the black bunny, there are hairs, hairs, hairs - highly sought after by the birds. So we collect the hairs and put them outside, just a few minutes later the birdies come to collect (mainly chickadees, but also sparrows). When they fly away the collected fur ball looks like
an air bag  Razz

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 21637164nt
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:22 am

Oh my are they cute, we have these in our birch in front of the balcony and they are playing there every day, when they see something curious, they come over and sit on the railing I love you or on the fresh laundry Whip Laughing
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:23 pm

They are super cute Smile one of my friends would put her dog's hair outside for the birds to take after brushing and they loved it, too Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 am

I am finally ready to enter my pictures, sorry for taking so long, but I wanted them to be special... this is our Sunday morning....

My family  Love  Hug
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Image_zpsisl4wlyx

Sea view  flower
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Image_zpsrxsu9jst

Little guest ready get e free in the wood... captured by our neightbour eating his straberry field  Laughing
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Image_zpstfkowh3y

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Image_zpsi0gj4w0k

Thank you Trollperle for organising this!!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 pm

lovely seaside view Reltan sunny That little hedgehog is too cute, seems it is really the time for them, here's what my cousin sent me today, he saved this little one this morning from being eaten by a jackdaw.  Whip
He put it in his greenhouse for recovery, it's taking a nap here.

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Img-2010

Later digging into his meal. Smile

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Img-2014

Here's their turtle taking a sunbath, it's his first day outside in the pond today as well. (Look at the beautiful butterfly taking as sunbath with him) Apparently he will play bird police from now on as my cousin said he has been preying on birds in the past and apparently not the smallest ones affraid

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Img-2015
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Such a lovely family and seaside. Isn´t spring just wonderful, Reltan Smile TFS these special pictures I love you

Oh and another hedgehog being taken care of. Plus a ninja preying turtle. Life surely is awakening Smile TFS, Minty Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Enaktra Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:46 am

So today, we gave away some Violas and Pansies for Arbor Day. We bought 175 4-packs and proceeded to cut them into half. Which gave us a total of 350 plants to giveaway. So each giveaway, is actually 2 plants. Since it's half of a 4-pack.

Here they are on the cart prior to being cut into half.
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Arbord10

I did throw on a quick mini combo for this day.
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 17073288628_05d9bcfce0
Enaktra
Enaktra
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/charmsforatroll http://charmsforatroll.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 am

Awesome Smile I wish you were my colleague, I love pansies Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 am

Updated List Smile

1. Fleur - Mrs Blackbird and her offspring and bunny hair for nests
2. Cottinghamgirl - treasured painting and bracelet of cherry blossoms
3. Minty - magickal gingko, sleeping hedgehog and preying turtle
4. Enaktra - duckling family and pansy giveaway
5. Amanda Mac - beautiful Cornwall in March
6. Reltan - Sunny family Sunday at the beach and a hungry hedgehog
7. Catsworld - Seaside, Tulips and Hazel
8. Strike - Fern and Rhubarb and Flowers

Last edited by Trollperle on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:09 am

Love the pansies too. What a lovely giveaway!

It's wonderful to see the hedgehogs again after their long hibernation. Thank you reltan and minty for the cute pics.

I enjoy very much digging in my garden these days. The peach, pear and cherry trees are blooming, the bees are busy and next week I will reach out for some peonies. Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Spring greetings from our garden  sunny
Wishing you all a lovely Sunday!
Hydrangea in Bavarian colors: blue and white

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 21714291kx
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Thank you, my dear, right back at you Hug Beautiful flowers! (and off she goes and has another look at the Hydrangea bead Wink )
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Only 5 more days and the rest of today to go. Last day for entries is May 1st (24.00 hrs local German Time) and the winner will be picked on May 2nd randomly. And then it is the winner´s turn to pick a prize bead (PG 1 or 2 - your choice Smile ).
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Dear Trollperle, thank you so much for this challenge, sunny
of course spring is my favourite time of the year, nature is awakening, summer is near and all sorts of outdoor activities are possible, so I have taken up running again, I really try to make the most out of it sunny

so, here are some flowers and here is some water...I love both!
those pics were taken on Friday...and I must say there are already many much more interesting entries than mine Very Happy
I might have another entry, I was given a small hazel nut sapling and have planted it into a big pot, but I haven't got the green thumb..might need advice from Minty's dad...

nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Cy4ci7p87spappelc
nature - Closed Now - Nature Awakens Challenge :) - Page 2 Cy4choat3ek8o5cm8
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh wow the lake and tulips  Drool  Smack

Catsworld wrote:I haven't got the green thumb..might need advice from Minty's dad...

Gods beware, you would end up with a jungle in jour house Excited
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Wonderful, dear Cats - two of my favourite things together: a lake and tulips Smile Love 

I would love to see your hazelnut sapling grow Smile - Minty, please send your dad to Cats! If she will have too many hazelnuts I know a place that always needs them for they rescue squirrels among other small wild animals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Arineso Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Catsworld sunny  I am really impressed by your great photos.
Wonderful moments!
Arineso
Arineso
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next