BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Prism

+2
Pandabee(uk)
Fuzzyfeet
6 posters

Go down

prism - Red Prism Empty Red Prism

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Have they changed the Red Prism while I wasn't looking ?

prism - Red Prism 0683_zps77cde213

On the far left is a Red Prism I have had for years, on the far right is a Bright Red Prism I've also had for a while, the 3 beads in the middle are ones I've bought (on line) recently as Red Prisms ! The first one I got, second to right I complained about and said they had sent me a Bright Red Prism by mistake, the last one I bought, second from left, I emailed the shop before I ordered and they assured me they had a Red Prism that was almost black, well its not as dark as my old one !  Have Troll changed the colour since I started collecting ?
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

prism - Red Prism Empty Re: Red Prism

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Mine's about 6 years old and looks like the one on the far left.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Not sure how long mine had been in stock but I bought it a couple of years ago and I think that it looks most like bead 2.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I have a dark red and a bright red prism. When I first started to collect, I tried getting them all. I decided that I didn't like them as much as I did, BUT I kept my two red prisms and the denim blue prism. I think they are great.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 am

I've never seen one like the second from the right. My (bright) red prism is really light/bright, like the far right, I never even wear it except at Christmas (my son loves it). The red prism, my first bead, is much darker. But the ones in the middle are really pretty FF, they are better than the older extremes sunny
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 am

Just looked at mine and it's closest to number two? From your photos I would say that the dark red prisms have a 'blue' affinity to them, while the bright red is 'orange' the tone is different not just the depth of colour? 
sunny

Last edited by AquaAura on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added afterthought!)
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down