BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain

5 posters

Go down

Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain Empty Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain

Post by melmelmel56 Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:54 pm

I received a much longed for sun,moon,stars lock for my birthday. I have 3 Troll chains but it doesn't fit any of them??? Anyone else had this or have any suggestions please as I got it to complement my family zodiac star bracelet  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain Empty Re: Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I don't have that lock, but I do have the lock with buds and it only fits on two of my TB chains, the rest will not fit at all.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain Empty Re: Help! Sun moon stars lock won't fit chain

Post by trollcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Which part does not fit? The small part of the chain and lock?
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Is the small loop ?
Put it in some pliers at the long point and press gently to make the loop a little more round not ovel. Is very little press it needs. Do this a bit at a time. very gently dose not need much more space.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Yes its the small end. Ok am off to find pliers!
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Maybe you have the "older" chains and bracelets? I had that with the swan lock it would only fit the one a newer one, my older ones had a very narrow end
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 pm

melmelmel56 wrote:Yes its the small end. Ok am off to find pliers!

Be gentle only small pushes.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks Michelle for the tip! Very Happy  I finally managed to get it on - the end clips seem so thick it was a bit of a wiggle after widening the loop to get it over the metal. Can't see me adding to or changing the beads on this bracelet after all that as would be worried about damaging the lock!
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down