BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

summer south west neutral

+10
reltan
kyhalfpt
Trollperle
minty
Michelle
Cloverbead
Treeinwind
Gail201
strike
plumbun
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

summer - summer south west neutral Empty summer south west neutral

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:10 am

hi bead friends! wish to share my latest creation, inspired to come together this way by the south-west themed combos on our forum. please forgive my longwinded "story": the old west was from a "make a cocktail" mixologist contest at the goldmineTBboutique last year (i'd entered a "creme armadillo batidos" and they picked this bead as part of the winning prize). it usually lives w/my S.A. WT beads and stones. it is one of my all time favs (though never would've picked it myself--aren't beads fascinating that way?). the cactus (a total-never-paid-attention-before-whim) and black squirrel arrived today from the US "collector's" sale, and the kangaroo today too, secondhand. am also thrilled to have this waterlily arrive today from a lovely forum member who was generous enough to part with one. (thank you!) love that she came to me this way! Hug  Hug really "needed" one b/c the lily is the flower of july, the birth month of my gram who passed some time ago. Rose of course the "be happy" is a most prized special, she and the little snake like to travel together w/ a pair of smiles and a spirit of adventure during the summer. i do realize there are no waterlilies or kangaroos in the american southwest--they are a mirage brought on by heat and thirst--only seen by the delirious traveler hanging on by a thread there at the end. drunken 

summer - summer south west neutral 14579053391_9601f8872d_b

summer - summer south west neutral 14602487933_cf13b49190_b
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

summer - summer south west neutral Empty Re: summer south west neutral

Post by strike Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:58 am

That's beautiful plumbun! Smile
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:06 am

Love the cactus bead with its an interesting shape and texture. After seeing all the Old West beads here, I have grown to like it. "You all" have put me to shame...I have to redo, shape up and update my Southwest bracelet... I think it needs an armadillo of some sort too. That just makes sense.  Wink Wink 
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 am

Very Trolly sort of Southwest and I love it. Do you really mean to tell me all those Kangaroos I saw on the highway from the bar where induced by the many many margaritas? Right? Well it was hot. drunken 
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:28 am

Love the subtle colours and the silvers work together so well Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:43 am

I see rocks and dry land it is great bracelet.
I love the black squirrel looks always like hearts your one is perfect.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:12 pm

I love south west themed bracelets and yours especially with all the pale beads, lovely  Love Hug  I love what you said about the cactus, I have it as well, got in a sale and never noticed before but when it arrived I was lovestruck and it is one of my favourite small tbs
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Plumbun, that is a real masterpiece in my opinion - I get halluzinations of kangoroos in the southwest just looking at it Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Really beautiful!!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:23 pm

thank you all Hug for the sweet comments
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:25 pm

strike wrote:That's beautiful plumbun! Smile

thanks strike! you always have something nice to say!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Gail201 wrote:Love the cactus bead with its an interesting shape and texture.  After seeing all the Old West beads here, I have grown to like it.  "You all" have put me to shame...I have to redo,  shape up and update my Southwest bracelet... I think it needs an armadillo of some sort too.    That just makes sense.  Wink Wink 

hardly gail! pls show your bracelet again when you have time (couldn't find the current one, would love to see old and updated- no pressure) I love you 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Treeinwind wrote:Very Trolly sort of Southwest and I love it.  Do you really mean to tell me all those Kangaroos I saw on the highway from the bar where induced by the many many margaritas?  Right?  Well it was hot. drunken 

yes definitely "sort of" lol, u know, was gonna put something like that in the title at first and forgot; think ...margaritas landed the kangaroo in this habitat too...
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Cloverbead wrote:Love the subtle colours and the silvers work together so well Smile

thanks clover  sunny glad you think they work (phew!) was thinking the lily could pass as a succulent Smile 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Really a masterpiece!!! Beautiful combo and lovely stones and beads
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Michelle wrote:I see rocks and dry land it is great bracelet.
I love the black squirrel looks always like hearts your one is perfect.

i see london i see france...i see a black squirrel's... well... it's funny, michelle, b/c my bf asked me "what is that bead called, a heart?" and i was thinking, huh? wouldn't have noticed if you two hadn't pointed it out.

(side note and "too much information" warning: was looking for one that had more lines than dots...once someone here (my memory...don't want to call the wrong name) made a hilarious analogy about its looks and female anatomy ...told my bf the whole story yesterday and he completely agreed and said mine has you-know-what streaks (and the hole)... Mad Mad i still might want one w/the dots Twisted Evil 

either way, a heart, yes, yes it is a heart  I love you I love you 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 pm

minty wrote:I love south west themed bracelets and yours especially with all the pale beads, lovely  Love Hug  I love what you said about the cactus, I have it as well, got in a sale and never noticed before but when it arrived I was lovestruck and it is one of my favourite small tbs

I love you I love you you are so right, the same thing happened to me. how do you combine yours? i imagine it as a perch for lovely birds (pictures, pictures!) Wink  sunny 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Trollperle wrote:Plumbun, that is a real masterpiece in my opinion - I get halluzinations of kangoroos in the southwest just looking at it Smile

oh thanks, trollperle! hopefully i'll keep it together for much of the summer... for the halluz-ez mostly!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:45 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:Really beautiful!!  

thanks, ky!! i appreciate it.
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:47 pm

reltan wrote:Really a masterpiece!!! Beautiful combo and lovely stones and beads

this is kind of you and trollperle to say, but when i think "masterpiece" i think sea bracelets like yours! cyclops cyclops but thank you for saying so  Hug Hug (you do not tell lies  Razz Razz Wink Wink ) I love you 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 pm

plumbun wrote:

minty wrote:I love south west themed bracelets and yours especially with all the pale beads, lovely  Love Hug  I love what you said about the cactus, I have it as well, got in a sale and never noticed before but when it arrived I was lovestruck and it is one of my favourite small tbs

I love you I love you you are so right, the same thing happened to me. how do you combine yours? i imagine it as a perch for lovely birds (pictures, pictures!) Wink  sunny 

Actually I wanted to do a mexican bracelet first, thus the need of eagle, snake, cactus and rock in lake beads for the coat of arms, then I changed my mind and wanted to add aztecs and navaho and pueblo for a indian and south american themed bracelet but now I want to combine the themes with my spirit bracelet and actually there will be two birds added now that you mention it

summer - summer south west neutral Img_4122

Unfinished spirit bracelet, I actually might need a larger bracelet/maybe leather because I want to add 3 turquoise beads (no money right now) and 3 evolve beads, so the bracelet will be too short... and I need a matching lock, wanted to add the mexican lock when it still was a mexican themed bracelet but my favourite right now is the water lock... we'll see, will be a long time until it is finished  sunny

Last edited by minty on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm

plumbun wrote:
Treeinwind wrote:Very Trolly sort of Southwest and I love it.  Do you really mean to tell me all those Kangaroos I saw on the highway from the bar where induced by the many many margaritas?  Right?  Well it was hot. drunken 

yes definitely "sort of" lol, u know, was gonna put something like that in the title at first and forgot; think ...margaritas landed the kangaroo in this habitat too...

The "sort of" is what makes it really Trolly to me, even the Trollbeads version of the cactus is "sort of" a cactus. I use the cactus as "sort of" an art deco look. That is what makes Trollbeads unique, things sort of look like something but not exactly, you have to look to see it, it is not all cutesy and in your face.
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:07 pm

minty wrote:
plumbun wrote:

Actually I wanted to do a mexican bracelet first, thus the need of eagle, snake, cactus and rock in lake beads for the coat of arms, then I changed my mind and wanted to add aztecs and navaho and pueblo for a indian and south american themed bracelet but now I want to combine the themes with my spirit bracelet and actually there will be two birds added now that you mention it

summer - summer south west neutral Img_4122

Unfinished spirit bracelet, I actually might need a larger bracelet/maybe leather because I want to add 3 turquoise beads (no money right now) and 3 evolve beads, so the bracelet will be too short... and I need a matching lock, wanted to add the mexican lock when it still was a mexican themed bracelet but my favourite right now is the water lock... we'll see, will be a long time until it is finished  sunny

this is already beautiful! TFS! looking forward to seeing the final; it sounds so interesting. you will probably "have to"  Wink do a stack w/leather and full bracelet to capture the whole look.  Wink 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Treeinwind wrote:
plumbun wrote:

The "sort of" is what makes it really Trolly to me, even the Trollbeads version of the cactus is "sort of" a cactus.  I use the cactus as "sort of" an art deco look.  That is what makes Trollbeads unique, things sort of look like something but not exactly, you have to look to see it, it is not all cutesy and in your face.  

you're so right. and the cactus could be art deco or like a cactus/gear or something
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Very nice, I love it! Even more beautiful because of the nice memories and stories that are attached to the beads Smile
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next