BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads!

+22
minty
casarobi
Blairkj
Fairy3
Fleur
natalyk
Beady-Eyed
kyhalfpt
Smaug
cottinghamgirl
Catsworld
Fera
cshynkaruk
ceruleanbluebird
reltan
Cloverbead
Nancy
Wildthing
strike
papihuahua
Trollperle
Bluesybeads
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Empty THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads!

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey all! From the sounds of it, some of us are feeling like our beads and combos aren't interesting enough to show anymore. I'm definitely in the boat where I don't have much new stuff, and I sure as heck don't have much old old!

So where's a girl or guy to fit in w/her or his oldies and production beads?

How about a "throwback" thread where we show what we have and still love to wear?! Trollperle has done this sort of thing with her wonderful "back to the roots" series. Hope to see some of her great shots here. Wink  Wink 

*Let's show off how we have made our old, older, old-ish beads updated OR how we've kept them classic. Everything is game. Doesn't have to be "special" or "rare" (but since many of you have those silver fruits, please show those lovelies off too)  sunny  sunny 

production, retireds, ooaks, OH MY!

Hope to see many of your combos and hope we can keep this going! (oh and if there's already a thread like this, pls move)

sunny

I'll start w/one of my fav throwbacks: KIMONOS! These guys always come out for the summer ("the freaks come out at niiiiiiight.....") the only "new"-not-new thing here is the zodiac pig; also added xmas in australia glass (though that's a pretty traditional thing to do). this summer I'm stacking them w/alex and ani fashion bangles. looking forward to your photos! hugs!

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 14386288523_31af46ebb7_c

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 14343005006_995b5a128b_c
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Empty Re: THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads!

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Wonderful bracelet and the stacking too, Plumbun

- and yes it is time to show our old beads, bracelets, necklaces and let the poor beads see the sun again!!   sunny 

Great - now going to look what I have stached.  sunny 

Oh yeah, and I did just post a thread with my 10-year-old beads:

The content of my thread since the link is not working:
Today I turned to my very old glass beads from 8-12 years ago, and surprisingly I had a lot of fun playing with them again.

I am wearing the first one now:
THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 10390316_10204094219259777_8496954302713640228_n

Blue have always been my favourite colour:
THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 10458375_10204094219379780_4058384978459876440_n

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 10440988_10204094219339779_6407979797239141716_n

Blue, green and red:
THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! 10426737_10204094219299778_2070789851444405626_n

Happy greetings to you all and thank you for looking at my old old beads  sunny

Last edited by Bluesybeads on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Empty Re: THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads!

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Those are great blues! Thanks for the link Smile can't wait to see more
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Wonderful idea, Plumpum und a wonderful bracelet Smile
I must confess that the Kimonos have a very secluded monastery like life with me, mostly holed up in their home because I have not yet found a way to incorporate them with others. They have however seen lovely dinners and receptions with my lovely Japanese colleagues in Malawi where I always took them when I was invited Smile

Here is one of my favourite combos. Some of these beads now live elsewhere (on other bracelets not away from me Smile )but I always have a „garden-bracelet“ going and from spring through summer the green spring kit shown here beautifies that garden Smile

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Garten20
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm

oh man, trollperle!! that is so vivid but elegant. but of course it is, you never disappoint Smile Smile i LOVE!! it. (lol @ kimonos in a monastery)
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Thank you Plumbum, your praise really warms my heart  Hug  - especially since this was one of the first pictures I took with my wonderful small real camera and not my blurry ipod back in 2012 - and it was the first garden bracelet, the inspiration for all variations of it. Your threat and posting it here got me so inspired that I recreated yet another version and am wearing it right now - thank you for this wonderful threat!  Love Hug 
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Lovely...funnnily enough in the spirit of enjoying what I have, I have done the same thing and put my designer and kimono kits back together.
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Oh Jules, do show us when you have time!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by papihuahua Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 pm

For some reason when I click on Bluesybead's link I get this error message - Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum. I'm logged in and can get to the marketplace just fine. Does anyone else have this problem? By the way, plumbun, great idea for a topic Wink
papihuahua
papihuahua
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:55 pm

papihuahua wrote:For some reason when I click on Bluesybead's link I get this error message - Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum. I'm logged in and can get to the marketplace just fine. Does anyone else have this problem? By the way, plumbun, great idea for a topic Wink

I got that too.  silent 
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by papihuahua Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Hmmm - very strange! Glad it's not just me though.
papihuahua
papihuahua
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Maybe it has to do with Bluesy putting her threat under „community discussions“ instead of „show your bracelet“?
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:05 pm

plumbun and Trollperle, your bracelets are lovely! I don't know that I have too many bracelets still together from what I started with. I do have a few mini combinations that I go back to, and this is one that I do tend to wear in the summer (although it hasn't been together in a while, and after looking at the picture, I think I need to do it again soon! Very Happy)

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Spring49
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:22 pm

That is very pretty, strike! The blue desert is amazing and the beautiful braid brings out the fireflies! What's the other silver? An "I"? A mermaid?

Last edited by plumbun on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Maybe bluesy will post her bracelets here as well Smile wink wink
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Good idea for a thread, I have lots that I'd like to show but need to get my laptop fixed so I can upload pics.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:32 pm

plumbun wrote:That is very pretty, strike! The blue desert is amazing and the beautiful braid brings out the fireflies! What's the other silver? An "I"? A mermaid?

Thanks plumbun. That's actually the backside of the Maternity bead Laughing I love that bead, but it always seems to flip that way. Kind of like the rolling troll bead.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Strike your mini is so fresh and summery! Plumbun you have inspired me to get out my kimono beads again. I use a few on other bracelets but almost never wear them together and I do love them. I have gotten some new gemstones and stones that might go with! Trollperle I love your bracelet! Green is my favorite color and you can't go wrong with a springy summery green garden bracelet. Great! This is an excellent thread. We are all remembering beads we haven't used in awhile. I hope everyone is as inspired as I am!
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Can't wait to see your postings, nancy. Trollperle, did you show the green you just updated elsewhere? If not would love to see!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:08 pm

These are my first ever Trollbeads bought nearly 5 years ago in Denmark.  I was so thrilled with them and looked at the all the time on the holiday....they soon got new friends Smile

THROWBACK thread! SHOW YOUR...heck...show your beads! Mystory1_zps26c15688
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Ah those precious memories, Cloverbead - the glass beads are gorgeous and we all can use balance in our lives Smile

Plumbun, no, not yet. It is dusk here already, but I will take a pic tomorrow and post Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Love love the greens clover. That starter is so simple, lovely and fresh
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Greta idea Plumbun! I have'nt kep mine together as they were, but will try to restore them. Love al the memories shown until now
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Doesn't have to be restored unless you want! However you enjoy them now as is too!! (I just tend to put the kimonos back together)
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:19 am

I was totally going to photograph my collection after I finished up school, plumbun. You beat me to it!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next