BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perlen is refilling their S&B

+11
AquaAura
Michelle
trollfinder
Tuesday's Child
Louey
niceday
splinty
jlfritz
cshynkaruk
reltan
Brightonbelle
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Perlen is refilling their S&B - Page 2 Empty Re: Perlen is refilling their S&B

Post by Michelle Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:
Tuesday's Child wrote:

Michelle wrote:I put a octopus in my cart then take it out for £55 is not good ineough

at almost double the normal price, it is still available...

The Octopus and Killer Whale have both gone up by £5 since yesterday.

I saw that.
all is made me think is I do not need a whale / octopus / starfish that much so this is good for me.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Kind of over-priced for glass beads. On the positive side, less profit for the ebay resellers.

Last edited by Freki on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:39 pm

I put the "worm" caterpillar in my cart, saw the price, and decided I didn't need it badly enough to give my business to a retailer that would like to take advantage of me. Frankly, I am disgusted that a TB retailer would mark a glass bead so high. $92.80 U.S.D. I don't care what ebay sellers are listing them for, they do not represent TB like a retailer does.
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Tuesday's Child wrote:

Michelle wrote:I put a octopus in my cart then take it out for £55 is not good ineough

at almost double the normal price, it is still available...

It is bad that they are charging so much.  Hopefully no one will buy it at that price, but sadly I bet it won't last the day.  The prices on eBay are making me sick.  I am still hoping that there will be enough at regular prices for all that want them.  I have gotten some of them for regular price in on D4e and in FB parties this week, so hoping they are more widely available than they seem.  I did buy some in sets, but I really wanted all but one of the beads in the sets  (yes, there have been a few  Embarassed ) I got, so I am not feeling bad about the retailers "forcing" me to buy in sets.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm

ZAKLINZ wrote:I put the "worm" caterpillar in my cart, saw the price, and decided I didn't need it badly enough to give my business to a retailer that would like to take advantage of me. Frankly, I am disgusted that a TB retailer would mark a glass bead so high. $92.80 U.S.D. I don't care what ebay sellers are listing them for, they do not represent TB like a retailer does.

Did that price include the VAT? I thought the new critters were $74 when I looked and I thought that was bad enough! Maybe they raised them more after I looked at them.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:
ZAKLINZ wrote:I put the "worm" caterpillar in my cart, saw the price, and decided I didn't need it badly enough to give my business to a retailer that would like to take advantage of me. Frankly, I am disgusted that a TB retailer would mark a glass bead so high. $92.80 U.S.D. I don't care what ebay sellers are listing them for, they do not represent TB like a retailer does.

Did that price include the VAT?  I thought the new critters were $74 when I looked and I thought that was bad enough!  Maybe they raised them more after I looked at them.

It included VAT. It's all the same to me. $74 for a unique bead that cost the retailer the same (less than $20.00) that all of the other unique beads costs, is still taking advantage of the customer in my book. I am surprised that TB permits it. They don't permit "sales" at a shop owner's discretion (at least not in the U.S.), why permit inflated prices at a shop owner's discretion?
There is a lot of negativity regarding ebay sellers here on the forum, but realistically, the ebay seller must sell at a higher cost than retailers do. They have to buy the product at a retail price, (possibly pay shipping as well), take the time to list it, pay ebay fees just for listing, and then pay PayPal and ebay fees (which aren't insignificant) once the item sells.
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm

ZAKLINZ wrote:
kyhalfpt wrote:

Did that price include the VAT?  I thought the new critters were $74 when I looked and I thought that was bad enough!  Maybe they raised them more after I looked at them.

It included VAT. It's all the same to me. $74 for a unique bead that cost the retailer the same (less than $20.00) that all of the other unique beads costs, is still taking advantage of the customer in my book. I am surprised that TB permits it. They don't permit "sales" at a shop owner's discretion (at least not in the U.S.), why permit inflated prices at a shop owner's discretion?
There is a lot of negativity regarding ebay sellers here on the forum, but realistically, the ebay seller must sell at a higher cost than retailers do. They have to buy the product at a retail price, (possibly pay shipping as well), take the time to list it, pay ebay fees just for listing, and then pay PayPal and ebay fees (which aren't insignificant) once the item sells.

I agree with you, I didn't mean to sound like I didn't. I know eBay sales often have to be more than regular price to make money (and I have paid more for retired beads on eBay especially for my troll lock) the ones bothering me are the new critters selling for over three times the regular price. Those make people snatch them up just to resell for profit. On one of the FB parties the same person got almost all of the critters--now I am not saying they definitely weren't all for themselves--they may have been. They also could have been buying for several other people. It just seems more common when there is a fury surrounding the new ooaks.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:51 pm

kyhalfpt wrote: I know eBay sales often have to be more than regular price to make money (and I have paid more for retired beads on eBay especially for my troll lock) the ones bothering me are the new critters selling for over three times the regular price. Those make people snatch them up just to resell for profit.

I agree with you on that. I know there's no way to stop it - unless TB themselves find a better distribution system, or make more of the unusual beads - but it's irksome nonetheless.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:
ZAKLINZ wrote:

kyhalfpt wrote:

I agree with you, I didn't mean to sound like I didn't.  I know eBay sales often have to be more than regular price to make money (and I have paid more for retired beads on eBay especially for my troll lock) the ones bothering me are the new critters selling for over three times the regular price.  Those make people snatch them up just to resell for profit. On one of the FB parties the same person got almost all of the critters--now I am not saying they definitely weren't all for themselves--they may have been.  They also could have been buying for several other people.  It just seems more common when there is a fury surrounding the new ooaks.  

Oh kyhalfpt, I'm not upset with you Hug . What I am truly annoyed with is the unquestionable gouging by a retailer. At the same time, I don't like the idea of what might look like collectors scooping them all up to turn around and sell them for profit either.

My thoughts on ebay is that I'm not sure who is doing the selling. If it is simply greedy, opportunistic collectors, then it is shameful. At the same time, some people sell on ebay as a way of supporting themselves or their families, and they sell whatever they think that they can, and they better be making a profit. It might not be what any of us would want to have to do, but it's an honest way to make a living, and I understand/respect that.
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum