BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like more critters to come....

+34
Fuzzyfeet
Brightonbelle
LisaB
stacecase
Daisylove
harmony
Trollsister
Fee
trollmoll
trollfinder
reltan
Louey
splinty
Tatiana
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Gail201
Catsworld
kitsunegrl
BeckyH
Blairkj
Freki
ceruleanbluebird
Fleur
mdellanno
cshynkaruk
Trollperle
strike
Michelle
Beady-Eyed
LindaJo
BusyBeads
Fairy3
Anita
kyhalfpt
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like more critters to come....

Post by cshynkaruk Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Looks like a really fun day. Would love to see more of these events. Maybe we'll see one in one of our prairie provinces someday.
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like more critters to come....

Post by kitsunegrl Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:24 pm

As much as I love critters, I haven't purchased any of the glass. I don't think I will overpay for a bead again after the old pink prism and rereleased joyful. Lol

LE means nothing in the TB world. The only bead I can think of that stayed limited was the film festival bead, the black one with an eye?

I think I see a bird too...if you are older like me, it sort of looks like the Partridge Family logo.

Re FB, some of those people must have time travel and warp speed! That is a whole different world. I look at the pictures. Lol
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:29 pm

I really like the SB designs, but part of the charm was the throwback to the smaller glass sizes. These. New ones are probably modern glass size, yes?
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:45 pm

there are some nice designs, thank you for showing!
However, no hunting for me, I did not with the s/b and do not own all the beautiful ones there were, it is o.k for me and I would never pay extraordinary prizes any longer.

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:55 pm

I am not on FB so never have participated in an event.  My local dealer sells on FB so I her LE's in person .
I am pretty excited with this photo because its looks like new styles to me.  These beads look like newer styles  than what I seen at my LD.   However, if there's one thing that I've learned on this site, its that all beads have possibilities on a bracelet.  Its really the skill of the bracelet creator.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

I like many of these beads - thanks for sharing! Very Happy 

I have never been on FB, and never intend to (and not just for the negative reasons stated in this thread) - so I have happily missed all the bad behaviour. So my experiences of collecting are still pretty positive - there are a lot of lovely trollfairies around still, many on this Forum  Very Happy 

I am slightly surprised to see some old favourites back in this new batch, but then again, there have never been any official announcements about these uniques, so I guess they feel it is fine to make more of the popular ones.

I think my new rule must be never to think that "limited" means "limited"! Think of the "exclusive" USA LEs recently, popping up all over the place.... and now more ridges, peacocks etc.

I have come to the conclusion that if I am meant to have a bead, it will come my way one day (usually after a wait, but that's fine!)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Anita wrote:There are certainly some very different designs there. I wonder which will emerge as the overpriced must have from this batch and do we really need kiddy critters again?
I have promised myself I won't be getting involved in the scramble for OOAKs that sell for hundreds and a couple months later can't be given away. Retailers put these pictures out to fuel the hype and must have and collectors get sucked in the the extent where they 'must have it' at all cost.
I've unliked all the retailers on Facebook and deleted myself from all except two groups because I simply don't want to be a part of it anymore. In the six or so months I've dabbled on Facebook I've seen more grabbing, spats and disgraceful behaviour from adults over beads than I would ever have believed possible. I've been collecting for almost 8 years now and I find the way Trollbeads, the retailers and the buyers fuel the hype and the greed these days, distasteful. Sadly the few lovely collectors who would help another person find a dream bead are far fewer than the grabbers who sell on for profit.

ABSOLUTELY agree!  Mad 

Hope these are not UU!  Rolling Eyes Neutral 
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Yep, I'm out of the game now too, I can't be doing with scrambles..and would really love to dislike them all and ignore their existence...but I do neeeeed a Peace symbol  I love you ...and will likely buy other sought afters if I happen upon them and can afford them at the time, just so they can be offered at regular price here and the meanie bead snatcher instant reseller types don't get their greedy mits on them muahahaha  Twisted Evil
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Michelle wrote:

kyhalfpt wrote:

I really kind of hope there are no birds, if they start making birds, I will be one of those people paying crazy money.....

I CAN see a bird in this photo  cyclops 

I see it now too  affraid affraid I am definitely in trouble, there will not be a rational thought when I find one for sale....and if there are different colors......well I will need them ALL!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:
Michelle wrote:

kyhalfpt wrote:

I really kind of hope there are no birds, if they start making birds, I will be one of those people paying crazy money.....

I CAN see a bird in this photo  cyclops 

I see it now too  affraid affraid I am definitely in trouble, there will not be a rational thought when I find one for sale....and if there are different colors......well I will need them ALL!

The white/cream bead with black birds?  Very Happy  I hope you get it.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks for sharing, there are some fab beads there please post pics of what you manage to buy Very Happy
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Woooooowww I am in trouble as well....
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Wow! Drool LOVE the glitter ridges and the teal bumpy bead Drool And the ones that look like Christa beads. There is also a new black ornament over a light pink or white base that is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! The hunt is definitely on  Viking Not too keen on the new critter beads but it is nice to see so many new designs.
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:16 am

LindaJo wrote:It is an event. More info on a special page.
http://www.trollbeadsatthebeach.com/

And in answer to a question on Facebook, TB Delaware said "there is structure to the event, we limit the number of tickets, have beads staggered throughout the day so not everything goes immediately and we have lots and lots going on at the event so not everyone goes unique crazy."

348 miles away/six hours of driving...maybe next year! It does look like an awesome event, though.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:32 am

Thanks for sharing! Some are refreshing, fun and new even if they're not everybody's cup of tea. As for the S&Bs, I think many of us not close to large dealers (and with lives and jobs) had a hard time catching them so we are getting more chances. As for being repelled by the noxious FB scrambles, they have a silver lining: money saved. And they reveal who you may want to stay away from in trades on FB.

Trollperle wrote:Well, the hunt is the goal not the catch Wink

Fairy3 wrote: I think for those who are patient enough and a bead is a dream to have you'll find one for the right price sooner or later

Perfectly summed up!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 am

ceruleanbluebird wrote:

LindaJo wrote:It is an event. More info on a special page.
http://www.trollbeadsatthebeach.com/

And in answer to a question on Facebook, TB Delaware said "there is structure to the event, we limit the number of tickets, have beads staggered throughout the day so not everything goes immediately and we have lots and lots going on at the event so not everyone goes unique crazy."

348 miles away/six hours of driving...maybe next year!  It does look like an awesome event, though.

They are about 2 hrs from me.  I am looking forward to it, hopefully I can get something interesting while I am there.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:15 am

Oh love them! Love the octopus and sea stars! And also the ruffles.
Fee
Fee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Would so love to have a peace sign! Thanks for the pictures and news, I am not on FB so miss out on all that but at least I know about it now :)hopefully d4e or goldmine or the commons will have them....
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Agree I'm not on FB either but at least I know what's out there now!
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks for sharing some of the beads are really nice. I am off to Edmonton this summer for my youngest daughters wedding so I may find one or two in my travels. I have been lucky in the past when new beads come out, I have always had to wait to buy and many times that has been a good thing as they do seem to become more available.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Anita wrote:There are certainly some very different designs there. I wonder which will emerge as the overpriced must have from this batch and do we really need kiddy critters again?
I have promised myself I won't be getting involved in the scramble for OOAKs that sell for hundreds and a couple months later can't be given away. Retailers put these pictures out to fuel the hype and must have and collectors get sucked in the the extent where they 'must have it' at all cost.
I've unliked all the retailers on Facebook and deleted myself from all except two groups because I simply don't want to be a part of it anymore. In the six or so months I've dabbled on Facebook I've seen more grabbing, spats and disgraceful behaviour from adults over beads than I would ever have believed possible. I've been collecting for almost 8 years now and I find the way Trollbeads, the retailers and the buyers fuel the hype and the greed these days, distasteful. Sadly the few lovely collectors who would help another person find a dream bead are far fewer than the grabbers who sell on for profit.

Agree 

I can only say 'tempting beads' on the picture, The peace symbol would do great on a 'hippie' bracelet with the VW from the German World tour, but the blossoms are also TDF. Such a pity that Troll isn't making all of these beads WORLDWIDE available - if they would - that would be the true Troll-spirit
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Fairy3 wrote:...I think for those who are patient enough and a bead is a dream to have you'll find one for the right price sooner or later

Agree This is absolutely true.

I also refuse to pay exhorbitant prices for uniques and sorry if this offends anyone, but when I see someone buying up uniques at a retailer on FB for normal price and turning around and selling them at a higher price, that person goes on my "list" (trust me, it is not a good list Evil or Very Mad ) and I REFUSE to buy anything from them EVER.

There are some amazing designs in those photos and I of course would be tempted by a lot of them, but if I don't happen to find them at normal prices and WITHOUT DRAMA, well it wasn't meant to be. I will not buy into the hype.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Agree 

With Stace and everything above. I often think people who aren't even Trollbead collectors must be buying up beads and selling them on the secondary market.

It is hard for a retailer to sell something for retail that they KNOW someone else will turn around and resell for 2, 3 or more times what they got for it.

And I'm likewise sure it is hard for retailer to see the uniques other stores are getting if they AREN'T getting the same quality ones. Sometimes the internet isn't our friend. In fact, a LOT of times that is the case.

It is hard enough for a retailer to make it with Trollbeads these days as it is. The furor over certain unique beads I'm sure just adds to the frustration.
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 am

You see a lot of "flippers" in the facebook groups when these "hot" new designs come out.  It always makes me sad because other members that buy them from fb "friends" always seem so happy and grateful that they managed to get what they wanted; but it's often at a price, so it seems to be more of an exercise in money making than kindness to me.  If you don't want the new design, don't buy it to instantly flip and make money, just leave it for someone who does, then they can have it at regular price  Rolling Eyes  (different if you buy it and decide you don't like it when you get it and sell it on at what you paid; or at a later date; or because you're a reseller, not masquerading as a collector...it's the instant flipping for profit from fellow collectors that gets me goat!!)
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 am

Reading these posts makes me glad all over again that I am not on FB! 

But I agree that if you REALLY want a bead, then it will come your way one day.......
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next