BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop the continuous price increases!

+13
agatha
Babsbeads
vampbutterfly
merlesen
GRUMPY
Trolldog
snowy
trollcat
workerB4troll
saracat
Beadgirl
Brightonbelle
Pandabee(uk)
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stop the continuous price increases! Empty Stop the continuous price increases!

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Stop chasing Dora, you are growing too quickly and with all the price increases you will loss your core customer base to RBF !!! affraid

Last edited by Pandabee(uk) on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Stop the continuous price increases! Empty Re: Stop the continuous price increases!

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry - didn't see this post - totally agree. I am already buying far less just because I cannot see a future in buying Trollbeads any more.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Stop the continuous price increases! Empty Re: Stop the continuous price increases!

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am

Troll is/was my first love, but the price of class 1 beads is getting close to £30.

I like to collect more glass than silver beads and I have found beautiful artisan beads that are just as well made and sometimes more imaginative. Last year between Jan 1st to April 1st, I purchased 38 glass Trollbeads and nothing else. This year I have bought pink diamonds, 5 OOAK TROLL (Macrow sale) and 18 artisan. Such a shame.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:44 am

I'm going to have to put the brakes on my collecting too. Sad They should stop introducing new beads into the higher price groups....
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am

I agree. And since joining here and finding such a great variety of Non Troll beads that are absolutely beautiful I am less inclined to pay their prices.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am

I think you've hit the nail on the head saracat, Trollbeads are just not worth what they want to charge for them.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

saracat wrote:I agree. And since joining here and finding such a great variety of Non Troll beads that are absolutely beautiful I am less inclined to pay their prices.

OMG yes!

Large detailed silvers with fantastic designs at Redbalifrog and most of them costing less than Group 1 silver Trollbeads even including postage from Australia. Bower Beads cost more but the detail on them is so incredibly fine - they are little works of art. Don't start me on the glass - I just discovered Mango - why did I spend so much on Troll glass (apart from all my recent lovely bargain OOAKs from Macrow).
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by workerB4troll Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 pm

I have been swapping alot to defer the cost of new beads.
What is Mango..will you share Brightonbelle?
workerB4troll
workerB4troll
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm

I found them posted on this forum.

http://www.beadthrilled.com/t1284-silver-pearl-fn-amethyst-fn-and-mangolo-beads?highlight=amethyst+pearl

This is the website.

http://www.mangobeads.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by workerB4troll Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Thank you!!!!!
They are so pretty!!!
workerB4troll
workerB4troll
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Count me in agreement too! I have been buying many gorgeous artisans lately, finding the troll-like ooaks and retirees that are otherwise unaffordable even if one could manage to find them, and even more imaginative beads at a fraction of the cost and high quality too. Me thinks this ship has already sailed.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Your totally right, Pandabee !
With so many wonderful artisan glas beads and silver beads around I don´t see why I should such pay high prices for Trollbeads.

Can somebody please explain, why everbody at TB is referring to the high Dora prices ? A normal Pandora silver bead is HALF the price of most silver Trollbeads Mad
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Dora glass beads are £35 and TB are £27, I'm just glass fixated Very Happy

Silver beads, well TB are so different to Dora, I don't think of them in the same league.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Add me to the beadboat for stopping the price increases!! I am the same as everyone else. I have some artisian glass beads that are much more beautiful than some of the TB ones. I'm not so sure that the VERY LIMITED availability of some of their releases has not backfired on them. It has caused alot of TB fans to seek elsewhere - me included.

Those Mangola beads are just TDF!!! Awsome site, and I saved it in favorites!! Everything seems to be sold out at the moment...
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I also having been looking at artisans, today i picked up a lovely black goldstone size of 3 beads, literally a stone it cost absolute peanuts So these ambiguous descriptions i.e. gemstones, the prices... they are totally pushing me away.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 pm

They should have stopped the price increases last August. TBHQ are being too greedy in a time of serious financial hardship and people will remember. I can remember my car breaking down on the way to work, whilst 5 months pregnant. I pushed it about 500 yards to a quick fit garage, which only changes tyres. The guy tinkered with the car and got it going, he really didn't have too do that and guess where I always go for a tyre change?

Last edited by Pandabee(uk) on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:They should have stopped the price increases last August. TBHQ are being too greedy in a time of serious financial hardship and people will remember. I can remember my car braking down on the way to work, whilst 5 months pregnant. I pushed it about 500 yards to a quick fit garage, which only changes tyres. The guy tinkered with the car and got it going, he really didn't have too do that and guess where I always go for a tyre change?
Good Carma for him too! Laughing (couldn't resist)
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by merlesen Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:They should have stopped the price increases last August. TBHQ are being too greedy in a time of serious financial hardship and people will remember. I can remember my car braking down on the way to work, whilst 5 months pregnant. I pushed it about 500 yards to a quick fit garage, which only changes tyres. The guy tinkered with the car and got it going, he really didn't have too do that and guess where I always go for a tyre change?

Didn't anyone stop to help you on your way while pushing the car? Shocked
merlesen
merlesen
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:19 pm

No, I didn't have a big bump by then. I did get a telling off for doing it, I didn't think at the time. Neutral
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm

The price increases are sad, I started collecting in 2009 when a glass bead was $25.00. I still love the beads but they are getting so expensive I have slowed down buying.
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Price increase was due to the dollar tanking and the price of gold and silver going through the roof.

Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Why would that cause big price increases in glass beads made and sold in Europe?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:23 pm

The Euro as well as the dollar dropped against the Yuan. They say there is no inflation but it is all around us. When I started selling Trollbeads the Glass beads were $19 each. Gas was under $2 too.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Sure but they have been jacking their prices up by leaps and bounds over here.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:17 am

amen! i have also bought mostly artisan and brandless beads lately
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next