BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring beads

+38
Mouseoncheese
strike
Brightonbelle
stacecase
Nkara
vicky_jb
trollmoll
trollbelle
Madelonnetje
Monique26
darkangel07760
Fera
Freki
FrenchRedPoppy
Trollperle
suzieq
ceruleanbluebird
kitsunegrl
Daisylove
natalyk
Lavenderblue
Rogotroll
minty
polarchick
cottinghamgirl
trollfinder
Blairkj
Anita
Trollfan
Engel
swisstroll
DblJJ
Beady-Eyed
saracat
Cloverbead
Fleur
Michelle
kyhalfpt
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spring beads - Page 3 Empty Re: Spring beads

Post by Freki Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:26 pm

I liked the bunny too. The camel might be my first purchase but I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the bunny comes home with me.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 am

Michelle wrote:What is the geuss for the erotic lady?

Is it Adam and Eve? Lady of Shalott? or is what some other?
It looks like she has butterfly wings to me.
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Fera wrote:
Michelle wrote:What is the geuss for the erotic lady?

Is it Adam and Eve? Lady of Shalott? or is what some other?
It looks like she has butterfly wings to me.
maybe some sort of Aphrodite?
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Daisylove wrote:
Fleur wrote:I wonder, if the very early preview could have an influence on the Christmas sales?
People may want to wait for the new beads instead to choose something from existing stuff - I am afraid,
I would Wink

I guess it will influence the sales somehow. One of the LD's I visit once in a while told me that nowadays the buying behaviour of customers had changed dramatically, people only are interested in the latest release and, where most customers used to buy 3, 4 or more beads, now most customers only bought one bead from the latest release. Because of this, the owner of this shop told me that from now on, he would only focus on new beads, and tried to get rid of old stock as soon as possible (he was having a sale on older items, but also beads from 1 or 2 releases ago, as there was no interest any more for it).

On the other hand, I wonder how many people nowadays only buy beads 'just because they want them', but not because they love them. I think you only buy a bead (or 2, 3, or more) because you like it/love it, and some releases are great, but other releases aren't, and this reason will be the most important one that can influence if a release becomes a success or not I think.
I guess I work differently, unless it is a limited edition and I fear I won't be able to get it later on (or be able to choose a great bead at a later date as all the extraordinary ones would have been snapped), I try to slowly make my way through older collections. So slowly, in fact, I must have total 4 or 6 troll production beads, all the others troll beads I own are retired or limited edition beads.

My wish list is so long that even if Trollbeads didn't release anything new for 2 years, I probably still wouldn't have caught up on my wish list from previous releases and retireds. I never bought a non-limited edition just released bead from Trollbeads. I just ordered a week or two ago the coffee mugs I have loved ever since they were released.
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Daisylove wrote:
Fleur wrote:I wonder, if the very early preview could have an influence on the Christmas sales?
People may want to wait for the new beads instead to choose something from existing stuff - I am afraid,
I would Wink

I guess it will influence the sales somehow. One of the LD's I visit once in a while told me that nowadays the buying behaviour of customers had changed dramatically, people only are interested in the latest release and, where most customers used to buy 3, 4 or more beads, now most customers only bought one bead from the latest release. Because of this, the owner of this shop told me that from now on, he would only focus on new beads, and tried to get rid of old stock as soon as possible (he was having a sale on older items, but also beads from 1 or 2 releases ago, as there was no interest any more for it).

On the other hand, I wonder how many people nowadays only buy beads 'just because they want them', but not because they love them. I think you only buy a bead (or 2, 3, or more) because you like it/love it, and some releases are great, but other releases aren't, and this reason will be the most important one that can influence if a release becomes a success or not I think.
food for thought.
i was on a crazy bead binge not too long ago. i found lots of the beads i wanted on sale and snapped up everything i wanted. now i am slowing down to my normal pace... broke and buying a bead at a time, haha!
i was not really too excited about the winter beads.
the spring beads however...
i like the bunny, because it has alot of texture and isn't as cutesy. though yes, admittedly Troll loves their bunnies. they are so durn cute I love you ... snake is awesome... eagle head on the tapered gem is a little strange... as pretty as i find these, i have the frog prince and he drives me crazy because everytime i put him on a bracelet he doesn't seem to "fit"... the black faceted murano is definitely on my list... i love that falcon in the flying pose, looks great... the camel is nice, but i am leery of the imbalance, though all these glitter desert beads are gorgy... i like the old school pueblo-looking bead... the swan should have been positioned differently, would have coordinated so well with the swan lock... the fish is cool, though i am not sure i will buy him... curious about the nekkid lady bead for sure... the tortise has lovely detail... i am liking that lock, looks punk/goth woooo!
which ones would i actually buy... black faceted murano, possibly the nekkid lady, a glitter bead, and the lock.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm

From what I can see I like the bunny, camel. The snake looks like lucky knot to me!
Look forward to seeing more of the spring and maybe LE beads in between then and now. I am sure Valentine's too.
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Love the desert like glass beads, small silver that looks like the aztec, but also like the flat silver bead that has the same shape as the coin, dream catcher etc. Wonder what it is Smile
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh and the blueish stone that looks like the amazonite Very Happy The faceted green/white one...well I have that as a LE gemstone from a few years ago so not sure if I want another
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Iam not a snake person usually as they scare me but the little snake reminds me of Sir Hiss from Disney's Robin Hood :-D so I might be tempted.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm

This little guy is just a baby garter snake. Very Happy Scary only if you're a mouse. affraid 
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbelle Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 pm

I have to say I love a lot of these... the glittery ones in particular would go very nicely with the Faery Beads Fairy  Octopus  Love the turtle, camel, and turquoise stone too... with the amazing new Faery Beads out and this spring release, I have totally forgotten what TB put out for Christmas.  Embarassed I love you
trollbelle
trollbelle
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:56 am

trollbelle wrote:I have to say I love a lot of these... the glittery ones in particular would go very nicely with the Faery Beads Fairy  Octopus  Love the turtle, camel, and turquoise stone too... with the amazing new Faery Beads out and this spring release, I have totally forgotten what TB put out for Christmas.  Embarassed I love you
Me too! The Christmas beads are pretty but nothing dramatically new. Now, a falcon and a camel...

trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:47 am

saracat wrote:Iam not a snake person usually as they scare me but the little snake reminds me of Sir Hiss from Disney's Robin Hood :-D so I might be tempted.
I love that movie!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky_jb Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:13 am

I went and looked at them when the first pictures leaked...

still haven't recovered from the shock, I love them ALL. Shocked Evil or Very Mad 
vicky_jb
vicky_jb
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/vbehr http://skinnycupcake.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Wow TB has even posted the video as sneak peak on their website, that is very unusual. But I guess they figured the leak was already out so why not post it themselves?

The Falcon looks familiar from World Tour speculation for United Arab Emirates and the camel would fit into that theme as well. Could it be that they originally planned for those as part of the WT but decided to skip the Emirates and included them in this collection instead? The plot thickens...
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:57 pm

The only christmas beads I really had to have were the green/red ones with hearts. The others, while nice, weren't worthy the money they are asking for in my opinion.

But I am in love with the glitter beads for spring!
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 pm

I think the Spring collection looks VERY promising...and I will definitely be saving up for that (it helps that I'm on the bead wagon until at LEAST Jan 1st Wink)

The only beads that appealed to me from the Christmas collection were the Blizzard bead & dangle, the blue swirl ornament and the blue/white spiro-looking bead. (I would love the Sparkling Stars, but it's out of my league budget-wise).
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:17 pm

The pricing of this release seems odd to me. The falcon is only $28 but the Moroccan cushion and nomad are $53 and look to be about the same size as the falcon. I assumed the snake would be small given its $28 tag as well, but it actually looks like a decent size.

This is Trollbeads studio's photo of the four (sorry, can't find a non-dealer one with the four together - even though it's Facebook, anyone should be able to view the pic)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=703292476377828&set=a.703290569711352.1073741841.153423698031378&type=3&l=3ab0bf79fd&theater

I'm happy the snake and falcon are in the lower tier, really I just wish the nomad and cushion were too!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Size isn't everything  Laughing  Hopefully the pricing categories mean the Moroccan cushion and Nomad are smaller but weightier. I prefer that to them being larger but spindly and tinny (which I suspect the snake will be!).  Best of all imo would be for them all to be small but weighty and in price group 1  Very Happy
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:42 pm

The Snake may contain less silver because it is loosely coiled with lots of open space?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Really, I think it's the falcon that surprised me. When I saw the price of the cushion and nomad I suspected they would be similar to ball of yarn maybe (which I sometimes even find a tad big depending on what I pair it with). So I'm not sure what to think of the falcon if it is similar size but only $28. The $28 level beads are usually pretty puny. Or, like stay positive (and the snake), have lots of open space.

I do enjoy the smaller, solid beads so I'm sure I won't be disappointed in nomad (or at least I hope not!). Very Happy
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:58 pm

I hope the Nomad and Cushion beads are good solid chunks. They look like fabulous designs, it will be so disappointing if they turn out to be hollow!

The Snake looks fun, I have acquired quite a lot of snake beads, so he will have to join my beady serpentarium Smile

I like the Falcon and Bottle (light of Eärendil) but I never use dangle beads, so maybe not for me.
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Oooh, put the bottle next to the spider and start a LOTR bracelet.

Mean Troll 

And twister could be gollum.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:49 pm

I was lucky have a sneek peak IRL today and a chat with the new boss at trollbeads Uk, he seemed a lovely man and interested in our views on the brand.
I will be getting a ruby falcon straight away, so many good beads this release with something for most collectors taste i think.
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Oooh i forgot to say i loved the african tortoise too!
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next