BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock

+39
Catsworld
splinty
sgwen
harmony
Smaug
Bluesybeads
unicorn1976
darkangel07760
minty
ZAKLINZ
Trollsister
chestersnickers
Fleur
bubbagump
Trollfan
plumbun
Elsie
Freki
Rainbow
trollfinder
sparrow
Reive
Brightonbelle
wilsche
natalyk
iluvbeads
BeckyH
strike
Tinka
Mini Gnome
reltan
Anita
ceruleanbluebird
Mouseoncheese
Trollperle
lecohen
Cloverbead
Fairy3
Faerybeads
43 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

faerybeads - Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock - Page 3 Empty Re: Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock

Post by wilsche Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 am

And also here I'd like to know, when will it be available? bounce 
wilsche
wilsche
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

faerybeads - Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock - Page 3 Empty Re: Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock

Post by harmony Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 am

This is so beautiful!
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by sgwen Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 am

Oh my goodness. I have resisted all the beautiful faery beads due to no paypal but I'm going to have to fix that problem as I'm going to have to buy this wonderful lock. What an awesome design! A lock I will love to see when the bracelet turns over! I didn't see this until today-is there a sign up list?
sgwen
sgwen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Faerybeads Art Nouveau Fairy Lock - limited # of locks available for pre-order!

The Art Nouveau movement emerged in fin-de-siecle Paris and was showcased at the "Paris Exposition Universelle" in 1900. For a brief time it blossomed into the twentieth century. Art Nouveau was a new art form, an original artistic and decorative movement inspired by the idea of "total art" which essence is described by sensuous lines and subtle light, feminine figures and curly hair, fluent dresses and attitudes, vegetal curves and willow leaves, twisting waves and evanescent smoke, but also by controlled lines, geometric details, colorful new shapes. Turn-of-the-century uncertainty fostered a sense of mystery and fantasy in design. Motifs included orchids, irises, pansies, vines, swans, peacocks, snakes, dragonflies, mythological creatures, and the female silhouette.

EU orders:
http://tinyurl.com/faerybeads-eu

USA-Rest of World orders:
http://tinyurl.com/faerybeads-usa-row
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:19 pm

cheers sunny 
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 pm

oh it's a shame they are so expensive Crying or Very sad 
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Cloverbead wrote:oh it's a shame they are so expensive Crying or Very sad 
Well yes, I'm sorry! However it's because these require a lot of time to be cast, assembled and finished by hand by my goldsmiths here in the Netherlands. The dragon locks in that respect did not break even Rolling Eyes ... certainly not with the discount. Lesson's learned but I decided that such a beautiful design as in Linda's drawings needed to be realized whatever the # of sales. Additionally it is not a mass product made far away against a much different (environmental) cost and different compensation, that likely you and I can't imagine someone would work for/in. The ethical aspects of producing a luxury product have always concerned me, so I figured I'd do my best to do it different. Perhaps one day you'll like it even better because of that, and enjoy wearing it proudly.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:24 pm

It's such a difficult one isn't it! Personally I prefer to pay more for ethically produced products (and for those that are made with skill and care and precision, so they're an investment that lasts), but sadly it sometimes makes things out of reach that I really really want! Such things are worth saving up for though I think if you really love it Very Happy 
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Thank you for explaining that Smaug! I agree with Splinty, I woud rather, almost gladly, pay more for an ethically produced product. This lock is so amazing, it will definitely be worth saving for! I must have one, no matter the price! Its a master piece I love you
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 pm

I understand :hug:it is so beautifully made, I can see that.

I'm not very good at saving up :lol:but one day maybe Smile

Last edited by Cloverbead on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you for understanding! I love you I often get inquiries about prices and/or discounts but in fact it is altogether a 'different product' from other brands and incomparable to retailers offering deals. So far this adventure has been for me an investment only... I still have got to see a first surplus... Rolling Eyes but the satisfaction and pleasure to create something delicate and beautiful outweighs the current balance on my bank account. At least it stopped me from buying other brand's beads like I used to. Laughing
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 pm

An item such as this is individually crafted art as opposed to the mass-produced items from countries where labour is cheap and working conditions are often inhumane. It is more expensive but even apart from any ethic concerns (an aspect I'll admit I often overlook) it's sometimes worthwhile to have something where we can feel individual personality and joy of creation.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:58 pm

That is what I admire so much you've taken the risk on this and made me very happy and I so so very much hope that it will be a success!
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I am looking forward to get this beautiful lock too, really something very special! Love Love Love Fairy 
And I am sure it will sprinkle Fairy Dust over me Very Happy 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Wooow!!! Gorgeous and adorable lock! Love Love Love 
ruby
ruby
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:58 pm

This design is breathtaking. Congratulations Linda and Sita for this project, it truly is a master piece!
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iluvbeads Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 am

Have been busy baking and cleaning all day preparing for 22 people for Thanksgiving dinner!  I hope I'm not too late to get one.  Will go to the website right now.........purchased.  I will call it a Christmas present from me to me.  Can't wait.  I have two granddaughters and when they visit me,  a garden fairy named Nissa visits and leaves them a special present.  It's a nice tradition and I have fun shopping for little trinkets from the fairy.  Love Hug Love

Last edited by iluvbeads on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to my first comment........)

iluvbeads
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 am

It is so beautiful.. Love it.. I collect fairies so this is going to end up on my wish list...Smile

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 am

Just ordered mine as well!! Merry Christmas to me:-)
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3