BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN?

+2
Madelonnetje
RedPurist
6 posters

Go down

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Empty Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN?

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Mid-January I bought a 90cm-Onyx FN, I really loved to wear it BUT it had a scratchy bump on the onyx holder, so I had it exchanged.

The second one wasn't scratchy but messed itself up all the time, it was absolutely no fun to wear it. In addition, it didn't feel as high-quality as the first one, the elements looked to me more round and un-arranged (have no idea how to express that differently). The first one was always 2 perfect lines when I was looking down.

Well, I returned the second FN to my LD, she sent it to Eulit, they said they can see no problem with the FN, it doesn't mess up completely. When I asked "How long have you been wearing/trying it?", the reply was " Embarassed Well, we don't try it on, but we tested it". They sent me a totally new one and hope that everything will be ok.

To cut a long story short: 2 days ago the 3rd FN arrived, and you will not believe it Bang head Rant Rant Rant It had the same scratchy bump on the onyx holder AND messed itself completely up!!! Bang head Rant

I called Eulit yesterday, they said I can return it to my LD for a refund. They also said that if this one also has the scratchy bump like the first one, then they are ALL like that.

Did someone else too experience a quality-problem with the onyx FN/Eulit? I was told that everyone is very satisfied with their onyx FN and they didn't have a customer complaint before. But how can it be that I end up with 3 defective FNs? Bad luck?

Or did someone notice changes in quality? I compared my second FN with the ones my LD had in stock and it was definitely more chubby and less delicate. Unfortunately she had no 90cm in stock.

Well, maybe I try again in a few months to find a good onyx FN since there are too many beads (like Teaparty, Prayer, trefoil knot...) which I just love wearing on the FN. But: A forth chance??? Fool We'll see.

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Dsc02679ou

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Dsc02198nd

Black & white combo - LOVE the pandas on top.

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Dsc01936i

I don't like the background, but I love the FN.

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Dsc01945xx

I would love to see it like that on the FN again soon:

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Dsc02580yy

I love this pic because to me it looks like the praying Muslim caught a ray of light...

How is it with your onyx FNs? Are they smooth and stay in their place? Or do you also have to permanently unscramble it in order to free the blocked beads?

RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Empty Re: Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN?

Post by Madelonnetje Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:21 pm

what a shame this happened Sad I don't have an onyx FN, but I do have the pearl one. I've never had any problems with it, it "doesn't mess up" like you said. Hope you will find a perfect one soon Smile
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN? Empty Re: Anyone else having trouble with Onyx FN?

Post by Tinka Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I once had a 90 cm black pearl FN from TB. It messed up constantly, I hated wearing it. So.....I sold it and bought a 60 cm faerybeads FN (with labradorite) in stead. I do not wear that with a splitter, not double. And now I'm very happy with my FN.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Mine had a scratchy bump ! Laughing

I had ordered it on line and couldn't be bothered to send it back, so I filed the bump down Embarassed never had tangle problems though.............
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Madelonnetje wrote:what a shame this happened Sad I don't have an onyx FN, but I do have the pearl one. I've never had any problems with it, it "doesn't mess up" like you said. Hope you will find a perfect one soon Smile

Thank you Madelon! There are only two options: 1) I find the perfect one soon or 2) I will swap my FN-pendants. We'll see which one will come true.

Have a nice weekend! Good luck
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Tinka wrote:I once had a 90 cm black pearl FN from TB. It messed up constantly, I hated wearing it. So.....I sold it and bought a 60 cm faerybeads FN (with labradorite) in stead. I do not wear that with a splitter, not double. And now I'm very happy with my FN.

I'm a little bit relieved that yours messed up too - I felt a little bit stupid going to my LD to tell the FN messes up constantly.
I already pondered about buying a FN with labradorite myself when I saw your pic of the FN with the Teaparty on top (and azure bubbles between them?). I hope it was yours Embarassed Anyway, it was absolutely gorgeous LoveLoveLoveLove
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm

it's a shame though if you really love the onyx and it keeps messing up so you have to buy a different one Sad Maybe one day you will find the perfect one with a german clover Very Happy took me a while to find it too, but I got it eventually for the normal Retail price Smile Hug
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

I've seen many FN's worn with a splitter. They are all a mess imho, the chain turns around itself. Well, I don't know how to describe it in English properly :-). But the point is: some people don't care. I was constantly re-arranging it, and feeling with my hands how/if it twisted. It made me crazy. I made beautiful pics of my TB-FN, but never while wearing it, just a drapery on a table :-) But a necklace is for wearing not just for beautiful pics on the table.

Now I wear my FB-FN long. The chain is different, i like it a lot better. Yes, I have worn it with the teaparty on top, you remember that right :-)
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Fuzzyfeet wrote:Mine had a scratchy bump ! Laughing

I had ordered it on line and couldn't be bothered to send it back, so I filed the bump down...

I thought about that too, but decided not to do it, since I expect a EUR 150,00 FN not to be scratchy.

Well, meanwhile, after having given the 3rd FN yesterday back, I think it would have been best to file the bump down since the FN was -apart from the bump- perfect. But, well, hindsight is easier than foresight. Embarassed
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I have one Trollbeads Pearl FN that is "messy", I still wear it doubled up, all my other necklaces are 80cm long and worn long which I like much better now and there is no problem.
With TB I have learned not look constantly if the beads are sitting right, there are so many designs that are beautiful but rubbish to wear, last example the messenger bead.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 pm

But your combos are really lovely! Love
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Catsworld wrote:But your combos are really lovely! Love
Agree
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Madelonnetje wrote:it's a shame though if you really love the onyx and it keeps messing up so you have to buy a different one Sad Maybe one day you will find the perfect one with a german clover Very Happy took me a while to find it too, but I got it eventually for the normal Retail price Smile Hug

Smack An onyx FN with a German clover on it... **sigh** I will dream about that tonight Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping
REALLY!?!?!?!? You found the German clover for the normal retail price!!!! Drool Jump Thank you for giving me hope!
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Yeh i got it a few months ago Smile I shall pm you
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Tinka wrote:I've seen many FN's worn with a splitter. They are all a mess imho, the chain turns around itself. Well, I don't know how to describe it in English properly :-). But the point is: some people don't care. I was constantly re-arranging it, and feeling with my hands how/if it twisted. It made me crazy. I made beautiful pics of my TB-FN, but never while wearing it, just a drapery on a table :-) But a necklace is for wearing not just for beautiful pics on the table.

Now I wear my FB-FN long. The chain is different, i like it a lot better. Yes, I have worn it with the teaparty on top, you remember that right :-)
I didn't wear it with a splitter - tried it with the zucchini flower but it became too tight for my neck. I hate it twisted because I love playing with the FN while wearing. Rolling Eyes I lift the lower end holding the onyx so that the beads slide towards my throat and then put the lower end again down - it is fun to feel the beads slide down "on their own" - sometimes all at the same time, sometimes one after the other. You see, that's why I hate it so much when it gets all messed up - it steals away my happy FN-play Embarassed Embarassed Basketball
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 pm

pm'ed you, hope it will help you find ur clover Smile
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Catsworld wrote:I have one Trollbeads Pearl FN that is "messy", I still wear it doubled up, all my other necklaces are 80cm long and worn long which I like much better now and there is no problem.
With TB I have learned not look constantly if the beads are sitting right, there are so many designs that are beautiful but rubbish to wear, last example the messenger bead.
I can't stand the FN "messy" since I always enjoy playing with the FN and the beads Basketball

Oh!, the messenger! I see. I thought about getting it sometime for the bangle. I expect him to "cause" the same problem as the rose pendant.
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Catsworld wrote:But your combos are really lovely! Love
Thank you Embarassed Very Happy
I was in love with the first one, wore it all day long, even at the office, 8 hours a day... Well, it was scratchy... Perfect is the enemy of good Neutral
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RedPurist Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Madelonnetje wrote:pm'ed you, hope it will help you find ur clover Smile

I can't answer PMs yet Embarassed

Thank you for the tip, I will call them tomorrow, who knows, may there is one waiting for me Jump

The 2 LDs which I visited last week for the first time had both the book, but the bead was gone Sad But I'm sure "my German clover" is waiting somewhere for me.

Anyway, you are very lucky to have got it for the normal retail price! Woot
RedPurist
RedPurist
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 am

I Am so sorry to hear about your oNYX FN! I Hope yoU find one you love. I just received my first troll fn in pearl and i love it.
What does everyone mean by german clover?
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm

its a silver bead with four leaf clovers on it. Was only released in Germany with a book, it's like the tulip bead that was only available in Holland. It's a stunning bead Smile
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down