BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers...

+28
unicorn1976
PansyCat
daisy
jsoceka
Jamy
neonfiller
saracat
annateresa
saseygrl
Wintertroll
Merlyn
snowy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
trollmoll
flowertroll
rollypoly troll
eeyore
sakyubc
Trolls
Trollpetal
lisa
Rogotroll
Artemis
Kathleen
sparrow
BeadThrilled
kionee
Smaug
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... Empty About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers...

Post by Smaug Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Today my kimono kit arrived! Jump

Even upon having seen pictures of quite a few sets and designs I was totally surprised when holding my own kit. To me this kit is the best Trollbeads Limited Edition since I started on Trollbeads.

My kimono silvers had arrived earlier and I tried to do a bracelet with the silvers I'd found for the BeadTreat about kimono silvers.
Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... P1060343-1
Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... P1060346-1
Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... P1060348-1

from left (below) to right (above):
Trollbeads white pearl, Ohm Beads silver vintage kimono bead, Trollbeads "Seigaiha" bead, Trollbeads Crane, Trollbeads "Ume" bead, Ohm Beads silver "Ume" kimono bead, Trollbeads "Mon" bead, Ohm Beads silver Tori Gate bead, Trollbeads "Sakura" bead, Redbalifrog Koi Fish bead, Trollbeads "Tsuru" bead, Redbalifrog Plumeria 'Japanese' Lantern (frangipani), Trollbeads "Shibori" bead, Ohm Beads silver "Shibori" kimono bead.

It's a keeper... Girl
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... Empty Re: About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers...

Post by kionee Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 pm

It's a beauty, but shouldn't the tsuru bead be next to the crane?

Tsuru: The Japanese Crane

Throughout history, birds have been viewed as animals of special value and have been endowed with meanings often drawn from legends and stories that have endured over many generations.

For the Japanese, the crane—or tsuru—is considered a national treasure, appearing in art, literature, and folklore. The Japanese regard the crane as a symbol of good fortune and longevity because of its fabled life span of a thousand years. It also represents fidelity, as Japanese cranes are known to mate for life. Over time, the crane has also evolved as a favorite subject of the Japanese tradition of paper folding—origami—as children and adults attempt to master this art.
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... Empty Re: About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers...

Post by BeadThrilled Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:51 pm

kionee wrote:It's a beauty, but shouldn't the tsuru bead be next to the crane?

Tsuru: The Japanese Crane

Throughout history, birds have been viewed as animals of special value and have been endowed with meanings often drawn from legends and stories that have endured over many generations.

For the Japanese, the crane—or tsuru—is considered a national treasure, appearing in art, literature, and folklore. The Japanese regard the crane as a symbol of good fortune and longevity because of its fabled life span of a thousand years. It also represents fidelity, as Japanese cranes are known to mate for life. Over time, the crane has also evolved as a favorite subject of the Japanese tradition of paper folding—origami—as children and adults attempt to master this art.
You've been paying attention...! Wink Thank you! Thanks
It should...
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrow Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm

love what you've done with your beads, truly gorgeous I love you
sparrow
sparrow
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

What a lovely combination is this I love you
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Love it! They look so perfect for each other Very Happy
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogotroll Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Gorgeous, just gorgeous Shocked
Rogotroll
Rogotroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Wow--that is beautiful Smaug. I love the silvers you have collected. I agree with you, this is the best Limited Edition to date.
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollpetal Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 pm

your bracelet is beautiful.... love how the silvers tie in with the Kimono beads...it's nice having some names for the glass beads now xxxx
Trollpetal
Trollpetal
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Beautiful beads in lovely combination, great to see all the different Japanese style silver in action.
Regarding the Troll tsuru bead...I think it looks more like a pheasant but did figure it would have to be a Crane.. Smile
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sakyubc Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 pm

What a beautiful bracelet! Great to see some of the silvers in action that were discussed a couple of weeks ago.
sakyubc
sakyubc
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Truly lovely!
eeyore
eeyore
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:07 pm

A wonderful combo.

And names for the beads,

TFS.
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by flowertroll Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 pm

That's lovely! The crane really looks at home there!
flowertroll
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 am

Great combp with all the related silvers! Simple yet the kimonos really stand out beautifully here.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 am

Love it - and the kit too!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:45 pm

What a fantastic "Japanese bracelet" !
I like the Kimono beads best on their own without any other glas or stones. cheers
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

That's the first time I've seen any Kimono Silvers and they look perfect with your new Kimono beads - stunning!
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Perfect. Just perfect.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by saseygrl Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Very pretty combination!
saseygrl
saseygrl
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by annateresa Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 pm

What a great combination. Wonderful to see this!!

annateresa
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 pm

A beautiful bracelet, I think I would want to keep that one for a while before breaking it up for a new combo.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Your bracelet design is incredible! I love the way the silvers you've chosen compliment the glass beads. It really is perfection!
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Kimono - About kimono's and other japanese beads... my kimono kit and silvers... Empty beautiful

Post by Jamy Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 pm

I love you're bracelet.

Jamy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by jsoceka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 pm

I feel your bracelet embraces the Kimono beads PERFECTLY !!!!
I would LOVE to copy your bracelet !!!!
I have all the beads except........
I can only find the Kimono bead in the middle (of your bracelet) on their web site, and not the other 2 on each end.
What am I doing wrong ? Daisy white No problem Daisy white
jsoceka
jsoceka
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next