BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

+41
misssodakgal
LindaJo
TwinMom
Bowerbird
Fuzzyfeet
kionee
Engel
soxfan
Beadgirl
angeltroll
Clochard
alltrolls
mdellanno
Monique26
LoopyLou
harmony
flowertroll
busy bee
luvintrollbeads
jodeva39
Wildthing
DblJJ
Trolls
GRUMPY
wiggit
Pandabee(uk)
Bluesybeads
Carla
My 4 Trollboys
Silmaril
lobby
goody4paws
trollmoll
rainyday
rollypoly troll
Guinivere
Blairkj
snowy
Brightonbelle
retiredk9racer
neonfiller
45 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. - Page 2 Empty Re: I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

Post by jodeva39 Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 am

Small cores for sure! I love the way they move on the chain...slinky
jodeva39
jodeva39
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. - Page 2 Empty Re: I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

Post by luvintrollbeads Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:59 pm

neonfiller wrote: I understand the appeal to collectors of other brands, but the smaller core is really what sets this brand apart from others. I think the larger cores will make it much more difficult to differentiate between a real and fake trollbead.
Agree

luvintrollbeads
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by busy bee Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Apparently the large core beads are meant to be transition beads so that people of other brands could wear Trollbeads glass. Certainly Troll has a much better selection of glass than Pandora, and Pandora's glass was much higherpriced than Troll and now it's emerged Pandora is in big trouble...uummm both Danish companies . I think we can guess why the Universal uniques with high price increase have come out Rolling Eyes

busy bee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by flowertroll Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 pm

I also don't like how the beads with bigger cores move on the chain.

Plus, my LD showed me some UUs, and not only the cores were bigger, but the whole beads Crying or Very sad
flowertroll
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 pm

I much prefer the smaller cores. I have some charity beads that I do not wear, it might just be my imagination but they just don't seem to sit right.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Lottie prefers her leather bracelet to her foxtail chain, which is a shame that her pretty haiti and pink charity bead cannot get a trip out of the beadbox, as they just don't hold in place
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by flowertroll Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 am

I agree, it really bothers me that I can't wear beads with big cores on my leather bracelet. Especially because I use the glass beads as "stoppers" for silvers that don't hold in place.
flowertroll
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:08 pm

I am amazed at the effort TB puts forth to promote the UUs. Are folks really coming in droves from other brands to purchase?
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:38 pm

I like the large hole cores , as well. I have other brand bracelets (love the pandora dark color bracelet) and I am glad I can enjoy my trollbeaeds when I wear it..

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by alltrolls Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

neonfiller wrote: I understand the appeal to collectors of other brands, but the smaller core is really what sets this brand apart from others. I think the larger cores will make it much more difficult to differentiate between a real and fake trollbead.

Agree
alltrolls
alltrolls
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Clochard Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 pm

i only have a flower-ooak with big core..he was such a beauty..
but i love small cores..
as write here again and again..that´s the special from Trollbeads, that this beads don´t work on other brands..and this is what i like!

please, stop sell big cores!

Clochard
Clochard
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by angeltroll Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:
rainyday wrote:I have to agree that I like the small core beads better, this keeps the size of the bead manageable, the large core are usually much bigger and I'd prefer smaller but CHUBBY!
Agree

Keep them small! Agree
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I agree too. The small cores look so much nicer Smile
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:18 pm

me too! I hate the big UU cores. I only have 2, they are on my all blue bracelet and I love them. BUT if i find them in small core, they are being replaced. Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:25 pm

It's like going through a mine field looking at the trays of uniques, avoiding the UUs and just separating out the classic cores!
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:22 pm

retiredk9racer wrote: Agree

I know I posted earlier in another thread that the core size didn't matter to me if I really loved the bead (i.e., some of the Haiti releases) but after giving it more thought, I definitely agree that I prefer the smaller TB core overall, especially when using the leather bracelets. A number of the silver beads will fit on other brands of bracelets so there is the potential for crossover with these beads. Plus, since other brands will fit on TB bracelets, if people want to mix them up, all they need to do is invest in just one TB bracelet. Plus that is a very good point about differentiating between real and fake beads.

agreed!!! Agree

Group hug
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 pm

For me it's small cores only too Cross fingers

BUT I was in Tivoli yesterday, and asked the saleslady about them. They said they got Pandora wearers in to buy troll UU beads to wear on their P-bracelets. So whatever you and I want, Troll is wurming it's way into Pandora wearers and they won't let go. So UU's will continu I'm afraid Sad
I only hope standard cores will continu too ... silent
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

The only large cores I have are the charity beads and 1 Haiti and I don't wear them Sad

When I look at UUs I look at them as if they are another brand, some of them are pretty, but not Troll so I won't buy.
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Engel wrote:
retiredk9racer wrote: Agree

I know I posted earlier in another thread that the core size didn't matter to me if I really loved the bead (i.e., some of the Haiti releases) but after giving it more thought, I definitely agree that I prefer the smaller TB core overall, especially when using the leather bracelets. A number of the silver beads will fit on other brands of bracelets so there is the potential for crossover with these beads. Plus, since other brands will fit on TB bracelets, if people want to mix them up, all they need to do is invest in just one TB bracelet. Plus that is a very good point about differentiating between real and fake beads.

agreed!!! Agree

Group hug

exactly! troll bracelets are so much prettier in my opinion....
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowerbird Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Monique26 wrote:I am amazed at the effort TB puts forth to promote the UUs. Are folks really coming in droves from other brands to purchase?

Hmm, interesting, I wonder too.
Bowerbird
Bowerbird
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 pm

LoopyLou wrote:Lottie prefers her leather bracelet to her foxtail chain, which is a shame that her pretty haiti and pink charity bead cannot get a trip out of the beadbox, as they just don't hold in place

You might look into size 60 O rings (I have found them in the plumbing section of hardware stores) that you can put on either side of her larger cored beads to hold them in place on the leather. If the leather bracelet is dark (brown or black), you can't really see the black O rings. If you can't find any, let me know and I will send some over!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinMom Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Is the glass part of all UUs larger than the glass part of all standard core Trollbeads?
TwinMom
TwinMom
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Tue May 01, 2012 1:29 am

It seems like UUs tend to be a bit larger than the classic core Trollbeads, but it is not always so. They vary.
These are the UUs I got last year, from largest to smallest, with the Troll Coin and a prism for scale. The last few on the right end are smaller than the average Trollbead, but not as petite as the old tiny Trollbeads.

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. - Page 2 UUs2011
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by misssodakgal Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 am

retiredk9racer wrote:
LoopyLou wrote:Lottie prefers her leather bracelet to her foxtail chain, which is a shame that her pretty haiti and pink charity bead cannot get a trip out of the beadbox, as they just don't hold in place

You might look into size 60 O rings (I have found them in the plumbing section of hardware stores) that you can put on either side of her larger cored beads to hold them in place on the leather. If the leather bracelet is dark (brown or black), you can't really see the black O rings. If you can't find any, let me know and I will send some over!!

That's a great tip! My sister and I were just talking about the UUs being too loose for the leather bracelet. Thank you for sharing!
misssodakgal
misssodakgal
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabeth Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree...small core...I started collecting small cores and i don't like mixing them up in size.
Zabeth
Zabeth
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next