BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby's breath bead

+62
dansketroll
melissah
Tanjaatje
Daisylove
TwinMom
harmony
Bluesybeads
Lady Jagen
retiredk9racer
Molamola
trollshopper
Juniper
Reive
Sera
merrygold
SilverBells
Treeinwind
gabi
Fleur
Beady-Eyed
Trollsister
HunnyBunny
SnorkMaiden
Bugladydi
stacecase
lkeen
Hisae
kitsunegrl
Louey
FrenchRedPoppy
prin
charlibean
Joolz
liana
Lengoa
WendyD
splinty
TrollBlossom
cottinghamgirl
Fee
Pandabee(uk)
ceruleanbluebird
saracat
Anita
TrollFantasy
PMJ
Tinka
plumbun
trollfinder
Fuzzyfeet
unicorn1976
Beadgirl
Kathleen
kimvw
Sunny01
Rainbow
Trollperle
LindaJo
Michelle
Catsworld
Brightonbelle
BethyCW
66 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Baby's breath bead - Page 12 Empty Re: Baby's breath bead

Post by Daisylove Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Louise told me if people here on the forum have bought from TBG, and received blobbly BBB's, they can return it to the Gallery.
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm really sorry people are getting bad beads and are bummed. Mine came Wed. and looks like "gramma got run over by a reindeer"; it's pretty melted (crowd reaction: AWWWWW!!). I would be a little shocked and awed if I'd purchased it. It was a freebie gift though, so I'm in no position to be upset. I do truly appreciate the gesture of a free gift!!! It's pretty unfortunate a large corporation like TB would put retailers in such a position b/c the retailer is the main interface with us; it puts them in such a tough spot. I do like the idea of sending the poor ones to HQ! I also appreciate times like this bc they remind me of my first-world, champagne probs. sunny I will either A) continue to feel sorry for my bead; it's self-esteem must be in the gutter bc I can't bring myself to even look at him! B) put him on my dog's collar, or C) send to HQ. Probably C!! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Fingers crossed for you!! xoxoxo
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Daisylove wrote:Louise told me if people here on the forum have bought from TBG, and received blobbly BBB's, they can return it to the Gallery.

Sorry, but I think it is NOT ok to ship faulty and imperfect beads in the first place. Bad enough, that there is no quality control from TB. But shops shipping beads in an absurd bad condition are even worse in my eyes.

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 pm

I sent in a complaint to Trollbeads and so far this is the reply I got:

Dear Kim,

Thank you for the message, it has been received at the headquarters of Trollbeads.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jagen Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Juniper wrote:
Daisylove wrote:Louise told me if people here on the forum have bought from TBG, and received blobbly BBB's, they can return it to the Gallery.

Sorry, but I think it is NOT ok to ship faulty and imperfect beads in the first place. Bad enough, that there is no quality control from TB. But shops shipping beads in an absurd bad condition are even worse in my eyes.

Personally I think they were all somewhat imperfect- they were all different sizes and had different wear patterns. I'm not going to fault the retailer because they had to buy them blind, and they usually have to buy uniques blind and get stuck with the inventory anyway. It's a bad position all around. Still, the online site I bought from said they'll take mine back too, no questions asked. Mine's not blobby, but I just feel skeevy and mad everytime I look at it
Lady Jagen
Lady Jagen
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Juniper wrote:

I think this is especially true when dealing with oversea's orders as presumbaly the recipient will be liable for the postage costs to send the beads back to the US? The fact that beads of this poor quality can be sent out in the first place is enough to potentially put me off of distance ordering (although in fairness I have only ever ordered from the Commons in the US and they do seem to go to reasonable lengths to make sure I am getting good beads before shipping them)

I simply cannot believe the cowpat bead ever got posted out in the first place, the store should have rejected it and sent it back to TB.

Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:53 pm

kimvw wrote:I sent in a complaint to Trollbeads and so far this is the reply I got:

Dear Kim,

Thank you for the message, it has been received at the headquarters of Trollbeads.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

So you got an answard - i did't, and I live here in Denmark scratch .

Evil or Very Mad This is just not OK Evil or Very Mad

I am so upset. Goldmine have still not answard any of my Emails No , so this is it - I quit Mad No more troll to me.

I will however still have beads - just from others (like Faerybeads Wink )
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Juniper wrote:

I totally do agree with you, but unfortunately the reality is that most companies send out flawed and imperfect beads. I can write an essay about all the damaged or flawed and imperfect beads that I have received in the past 4 years after buying online, not to mention the hassle and fuss when I wanted to return the beads. And, that happened with at least 10 different Trollbeads stores worldwide!!

When I did ask about the quality control, after I had received a flawed bead, I usually got the reply that it was not because they did this on purpose, but simply because there was less (or no) time to check beads when so many people order. Or people didn't respond to my question with regards to the (lack of) quality control. Besides this, most shops do not have the capacity to sit down and check the beads once they are received from either HQ or the distributor. (But they should!!!)

Most of us here on the forum have experienced that the quality of beads has declined, which should be a warning for HQ that they have to undertake action towards this.

@Juniper, to put things in the right perspective, I had an e-mail conversation with Louise when I noticed that the BBB's were out of stock. Louise informed me that she was getting new stock in pretty soon, and that, should one place an order for the BBB's, she would pick the beads herself, as there were a lot of differences.

In addition to this, I can not imagine that any self respecting company doesn't contact TB US about the quality of the BBB's, surely people working there must have noticed the poor quality of the beads, and undertook action to report this. But ofcourse that is something which is between a store and the distributor. I don't think we will ever know what has been said about this between a shop and TB HQ or a distributor.

Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thank you Fleur for the address my BB will be in the mail my next full day off.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 pm

So you got an answard - i did't, and I live here in Denmark scratch .

Well, it's not so much an answer but more an acknowledgement they recieved my email. I wonder if I will get a follow up, or this will just be it. Maybe TB HQ is still discussing how to handle this? I'm guessing this will be it though.

I'm pretty sure dealers will have contacted TB HQ. I work in a shop and if we get alot of complaints about a certain product we always contact HQ / the brand.
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:12 am

Recieved my 2 yesterday. They are not exactly what I hoped for but I like them. Flowers and leaves all around the bead would have been nice instead of flowers and stems, like the stock picture leads you to believe Laughing No weird soldering or blobs but one flower is a little lifeless. Other than that the beads are nice enough that I will keep them. If you have a rose pendant, you have to have babys breath bead to go with it! Razz Rose

It is to bad TB was not honest about how these came about, I like that they are recycling products that don't sell but be honest, I think they would have been much better received that way. From the other pictures shown by members, the quality control is seemingly non existent Evil or Very Mad
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 am

trollfinder wrote: It is to bad TB was not honest about how these came about, I like that they are recycling products that don't sell but be honest, I think they would have been much better received that way. From the other pictures shown by members, the quality control is seemingly non existent Evil or Very Mad

Agree I think they missed a great opportunity to demonstrate they are a savvy, green company. And they definitely need to make QC more stringent if they want to command top dollar for their product. I for one will not pay a premium for shoddy beads!
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:42 am

Trollsister wrote:
trollfinder wrote: It is to bad TB was not honest about how these came about, I like that they are recycling products that don't sell but be honest, I think they would have been much better received that way. From the other pictures shown by members, the quality control is seemingly non existent Evil or Very Mad

Agree I think they missed a great opportunity to demonstrate they are a savvy, green company. And they definitely need to make QC more stringent if they want to command top dollar for their product. I for one will not pay a premium for shoddy beads!

I couldn't agree more! Just look at the quality and detail of the Redbali Frog beads which are quite a bit less expensive and incredibly detailed. I think I will go with more Redbali Frog Silver and just stick with Troll for the glass.
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanjaatje Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:11 am

I also agree, RBF is wonderful and you have more quality for less money Wink
Still I'm a huge TB fan and only have a few Redbalifrog beads.......
Here are my Baby Breaths, I bought one and 2 are free:
Baby's breath bead - Page 12 Sdc10310
One is very ugly
Baby's breath bead - Page 12 Sdc10311
The other two are nice and I like them on my necklace
Baby's breath bead - Page 12 Sdc10312
Tanjaatje
Tanjaatje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 am

Brightonbelle wrote:The middle one is a true collector's item! Twisted Evil

Absolutely! Something like a silver OOAK? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am

By an amazing silversmith whose other works include ''Bag Interior", by the colourblind hedgehog workshop of Sienna. NICE Wink
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:13 am

Oh dear - I just tried to put my BBs on my Greyhound Lock bracelet with all my other little silver beads. I had to take them off because they looked like fakes compared to the other beads (and my BBs are not really bad examples).
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:25 am

Is that because they are shinier? When I bought my Babys Breath ring earlier in the year (from Goldmine) it was a bit big so my local jeweller sized it for me. The oxidised silver where he soldered it became shiny. I did think about making it darker again using one of the methods which I found out about on the forum but didn't bother and just put that bit at the back of my finger. Perhaps treating the beads would help them blend in and hide any imperfections.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 am

cottinghamgirl wrote:Is that because they are shinier? When I bought my Babys Breath ring earlier in the year (from Goldmine) it was a bit big so my local jeweller sized it for me. The oxidised silver where he soldered it became shiny. I did think about making it darker again using one of the methods which I found out about on the forum but didn't bother and just put that bit at the back of my finger. Perhaps treating the beads would help them blend in and hide any imperfections.

They look slightly yellower and the detail is not as sharp. This showed very clearly when I put them on a silvers only bracelet.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by melissah Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I bought one babys Breath bead from one place, and got one free from another. One had a shiny finish the other had a tarnished finish. I tried to clean it with a polishing cloth but it did not shine up. I kept the shiny one and my daughter wanted the one with the duller finish. Were both happy.
melissah
melissah
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 pm

I had my BB and it looks sweet and nice but I've sold it today. It was not what I expect. I do not like the big core (hole) either.
Fee
Fee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 am

Tanjaatje wrote:
Baby's breath bead - Page 12 Sdc10312

Yours are the best I've seen. I see that guy in the middle is making a comment on TB's quality control silent
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by dansketroll Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:12 am

Tanjaatje wrote:

Your pink necklace design is absolutely beautiful and sweet!
dansketroll
dansketroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sera Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 pm

dansketroll wrote:
Tanjaatje wrote:

Your pink necklace design is absolutely beautiful and sweet!
Agree
Sera
Sera
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Question for other Trollbead Boutique purchasers in the UK, how long was it between placing your order and receiving your beads? And did you all get an email with a customs number? I've had no email, ordered my BB on 23rd August and not had anything, not sure if I should be worried or not?
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next